Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 08-19-2017, 02:59 PM

Default Searching for RIVER Pike!! | Canoeing the Blindman River!

After fishing countless spots along the Blindman river I finally decided to try my luck Canoeing up a stretch of it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81uSdHEoRlc

It looked like it was going to be an exciting day after a Pike blew up on one of my first casts but after that it was just me and the summer sun for the next couple hours.

They weren't relating to cover, or current, or shade! Even though that's where I would of been in their shoes. Instead they were in the calmest, widest parts of the river even in this heat!
Old 08-19-2017, 09:35 PM

I live beside the blind man river and it really has gone down hill with the low water levels. Used to be awesome fishing but it does cycle!
Old 08-21-2017, 08:43 PM

You not only have to be congratulated on making better and better videos, but also on your creativity of finding amazing fishing spots here in Alberta.

I have driven over the Blindman probably 100x and never thought to fish it.

You also prove that creativity and perseverance are more important than an expensive boat, $1,000 rods and 20 tackle boxes full of every lure imaginable.

Keep those videos coming....I watch everyone of them!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iYearn View Post
You not only have to be congratulated on making better and better videos, but also on your creativity of finding amazing fishing spots here in Alberta.

I have driven over the Blindman probably 100x and never thought to fish it.

You also prove that creativity and perseverance are more important than an expensive boat, $1,000 rods and 20 tackle boxes full of every lure imaginable.

Keep those videos coming....I watch everyone of them!
Thanks for the support!

If only you guys knew how much your comments and suggestions help to motivate me.

I should have another video out later today and it might just be one of the best I've made so far!
Old 08-22-2017, 02:34 PM

I am excited to see this video Timid!!!

And I absolutely cannot contain my excitement about this weekend. We're going to have a ton of great content for our fellow fishing freaks to enjoy!

PS: Burnstick sounds like a solid lake, heard great things about the walleye up there.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:16 PM

have a farm with a tributary of the blindman river running thru it ,its LLOYD creek and has lots of pike if you know where to fish , the record is 9 casts in a row with a pike on each one of the 9 casts, the blindman river would be the same if you can find the right spot. love those len thompsons