Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-23-2008, 11:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Guys, have a great time out there on Saturday! I fully expect a report back with pics

I'm heading to Sylvan with my dad on Saturday to try for some open water whites and "Molly-sized" gators. I'll be sure to report back....unless we get skunked
Hey Snap
Pretty flashy looking rig you got there, I am thinking you may need a new postal code for the boat ,as I am sure that is where you will be most of the time. Are you planning a trip to Cold Lake this summer, I think we are going about the same time this year (mid July).Have a great summer and maybe we will see ya on the water.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:06 PM

Oh im getting really excited , going to be alot of fun meeting new guys all the time , and such. Not to mention the good food , ill bring the oil and a pan to cook a few fish up if anyones interested in that .
Old 05-24-2008, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Hey Snap
Pretty flashy looking rig you got there, I am thinking you may need a new postal code for the boat ,as I am sure that is where you will be most of the time. Are you planning a trip to Cold Lake this summer, I think we are going about the same time this year (mid July).Have a great summer and maybe we will see ya on the water.
Hey Bobalong! Thanks! I do intend to try to "overuse" that boat...if such a thing can happen. I am planning several trips to Cold Lake. First one is next weekend. I'll be sure to report back. I'm also planning to go back likely in mid-July. We just might have to hook up. Cheers!
Old 05-25-2008, 12:29 AM

So ok We did alright , Don't ask Johninab ,or redneck posse , but something about after that 4th fish i caught dispite being a hammer handle , were going to push me in the water . Anyway It was a real honor and pleasure to fish with all and some Of our friends that are outsiders , Besides a major insident as we were cooking shore lunch , The little guy caught him ,self with a hook had into his head 2 treable hooks . We quickly cut off the spoon and trebles off the hook , they went to wetaskiwin hospital and within an hour returned to do more fishing . Earlyer in the after noon the young boy Caught his first fish and here she is .

Id like to thank you guys agian , and look forward to doing it agian soon. And sorry john that you werent able to stay longer and id really once agian to thank you agian for taking us trolling . Disbite the oh ya its a big one . Oh yeah and shore lunch was awesome .
Old 05-25-2008, 01:44 AM

Default Coal

Great evening of fishing with the guys out at coal, landed several pike, thanks again BBJ for the shore lunch it was awesome, redneck for the bobber and shades, really nice to get out and meet some of the folk on here, hopefully we can all do it again. BBJ i'll pm you if i end up going tomorrow.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:15 AM
collectornine

Great thread love the pic's Thanks for shareing .
Old 05-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Well met up with BBJ and redneck posse at Coal Lake Saturday. Couple of good ole boys for sure and a very pleasurable fishing trip except for the fact BBJ hawged all the fish and wouldn't let me or redneck posse catch any.

BBJ sure had the touch as he hauled in a good 6 or 7 fish for sure while fishing with me.

Next time though I am going to turn the tables on him or he will get thrown overboard!
Old 05-25-2008, 11:23 AM

thats okay JohninAB he hogged all the fish all afternoon too, the only good thing is the little guy caught the bigest. thanks agian for taking us out in your boat nice ride. man you missed a great shore lunch BBJ can realy cook. i finally broke my streak and landed 3-4 in the afternoon. good nice guys to fish with good eats little guys first fish made for a very fun day.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrmaf View Post
Great evening of fishing with the guys out at coal, landed several pike, thanks again BBJ for the shore lunch it was awesome, redneck for the bobber and shades, really nice to get out and meet some of the folk on here, hopefully we can all do it again. BBJ i'll pm you if i end up going tomorrow.
souinds good, Or maybe even one evening we could all meet up anytime after 5 is good for me.
Old 05-25-2008, 12:26 PM

yeah I think ya mannaged a few deasent fish I dont know, It really died of except for them polish potchers down from us , luckly the conservation officer , arrived and we reported our findings. I am not the local snitch But i have a zero tollerance for poching. I love being abnle to keep the off fish or two to take home and cook for dinner. Hopefully they catch thing guy keeping at least 2 stringers of fish a day. It really ticks me off clowns who do that.
Old 05-30-2008, 01:16 AM

Went out agian tonight man the fish were just pounding the hooks , setting the hook 1/2 faster and you missed them but letting even that 1.2 more and they would end up swollowing the hook very deep there was about 6 or 7 times had to preform surgery damn near , and its painful to see these beautiful 8 or 10 lbers end up floating because they have bleed due to the hook being caught in there gills and basically killing them , we ended up keeping 2 fish that we didnt really want to keep , my buddy ended up taking them home there going to smoke them , anyway fishing was hot agian tonight , the ticket tonight was jig head and smelt vertically jigging with a slip bobber , thats how we caught out biggest , caught tons on spoons and other stuff aswell but the ticket tonight was jig head and smelt , it was pretty crazy always a great time fishing with mr anvil ,and his lady .Im sure he will post some pictures here tonight or tommorow , headed out agian Saturday my spidey sences are saying good fishing day, esspecially with tommrow expecting rain all day . Tight lines yall and play safe .
Old 05-30-2008, 03:16 PM

Default Spelling

It is spelled POACHING I know you tried a couple of different ways to spell it and it was a good try but this is the correct spelling for next time.
Old 05-30-2008, 03:37 PM
Banned

yeah they sure were hittin the spoons hard hopefully they will hit harder next week
Old 05-30-2008, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond k View Post
It is spelled POACHING I know you tried a couple of different ways to spell it and it was a good try but this is the correct spelling for next time.
LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS WASNT A SPELLING TEST . I finished school 8 years ago and college 3 yrs after that , and spelling is long gone life is all about mistakes and i dont care if its spelt right or wrong thats what spell check is for .
Old 05-30-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerassassin View Post
yeah they sure were hittin the spoons hard hopefully they will hit harder next week
thats a big ole 10-4
Old 05-30-2008, 11:00 PM

Roger 496 this is the Rubber Duck.... just working on loading up a few photos from coal lake last night.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anvil View Post
Roger 496 this is the Rubber Duck.... just working on loading up a few photos from coal lake last night.
breaker breaker , are ya comin tommorow or what , talked to travis told em to meet me there between 1030 and 11 . i picked up some stuff tonight , Anvil ill bring steaks you pick up deasent buns well do steak sandwiches . anyway could you pick me up some smelts , not minnows smelts liek the ones you had with you . I picked up some stuff tonight went in to see the boys down at the fishing centre always a pleasure dealing with John and Lorne , good guys down there .
Old 06-02-2008, 10:57 AM

The day time fishing has slowed right down 2 days in a row hardly any fish , like 5 or 6 and then once evening hits there hammering the hook every 2nd or 3rd cast , biggest was 42 inches figured about 20 lbs was a big ole fish . Had the camera no one to take pictures that was yesterday .
Old 06-02-2008, 06:26 PM

Here are some pics from coal lake last week.

Just a couple pics to add.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:44 PM

hey anvil whos that stud behind ya in that 3rd picture in the blue shirt and cigarette.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:49 PM

Default that Stud

is the guide! lol
Old 06-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Gone Hunting

that last ones BIG nice pike they all look healthy

save a tree kill a beaver
Chuck Norris can bump fire a bolt action
"A predators heart knows no remorse. It lives for the hunt, a natural force."
Old 06-04-2008, 06:02 AM

Default thanx for the tips

i was looking at some info about coal lake and discovered your forum. It was very int. and I enjoyed learning about what kind of a fishing hole I am going to. I hope to visit this Saturday. Maybe my family and I shall see you there too!
Old 06-04-2008, 06:05 AM

thaqnx fo all the info on the great fishin' hole.
Old 06-08-2008, 02:25 AM

I think i might head out to Coal today.... all depends on the weather.
Anyone else getting out.... I might head out after 11am.... will have to see.
Might head west and try the trout lakes.... had a great day on Hasse and Chickakoo today and yesterday.
Old 06-08-2008, 07:55 PM

I should have checked the forums earlier, I would have met up with you. I chickened out but could have easily been persuaded to go. I was leaning towards Coal but would have gone anywhere!
Did you make it out?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:38 AM

Any going fishin on the 15 th this month if so where and when ???
Old 06-09-2008, 01:57 PM

Nope never made it out to coal..... headed west instead went Trout fishing at Chickakoo and Hasse. Lots of little guys and a few 18+ from hasse.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 AM

Going to coal lake sunday morn any one going ?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:54 AM

hey bbj! nice to see folks are still catching them sharks at coal! i live just down the road and everything you have wrote about the fishing there rings true.
this lake sees very little pressure considering how close it is to edmonton and there have been some true lunkers pulled out of there over the years.
i'm curious, have you had any reports of how the perch fishing is? for a few years there in the late 80's i was sure the provincal record would come out of coal, but i guess the "water wolves" have thinned them out.