Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-03-2013, 11:01 PM

Default Anyone ever try these Swhackers?

I ordered some of these, and have them, but upon closer inspection, it seems to me that although they may create a good exit wound, in the event of a non-pass-through, all you'd be left with would be a tiny entry wound, as the blades do not open until after entry. Anyone ever tried these?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Swhacker Broadheads.jpg (48.9 KB, 109 views)
Old 09-03-2013, 11:23 PM

Wifes uncle got a bull elk with those last year, dropped in 50 yards. Did its job i guess, but i have no personal experience with them.
Old 09-04-2013, 05:55 AM

Yep have been using them and love them.
Old 09-04-2013, 06:39 AM

These were first known as "Sonoran" broad heads and have actually been around a long time.

They are ok but I have a thought after a discussion with a buddy that a three blade broad head makes a better bleeding would than a two blade.

A three blade creates 3 flaps....where as a two blade creates a slit....easier for a slit to become plugged and stop blood flow than a hole with 3 flaps.

LC
Old 09-04-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
These were first known as "Sonoran" broad heads and have actually been around a long time.

They are ok but I have a thought after a discussion with a buddy that a three blade broad head makes a better bleeding would than a two blade.

A three blade creates 3 flaps....where as a two blade creates a slit....easier for a slit to become plugged and stop blood flow than a hole with 3 flaps.

LC
I have to agree....
I have the swackers and they are still new in pack.
this year I am using the shuttle T black ops and the steelforce phathead I am very happy with both of them.
I have swackers, rage hypodermics, NAP killzones but I keep going back to the fixed blade u owe it to the animal to be 99.99% sure that the blades are where they need to be upon taking the shot
Old 09-04-2013, 04:59 PM

Ya. The 2 blade slit on them made it hard to blood trail one of the 2 moose I killed with them as "sonorans". Luckily he was heart shot and went down within eyesight. point being is that he was heart shot and left virtually no blood trail. The other one was destroyed beyond recognition as it went into the offside shoulder. I also killed a bull elk with them and it gave an ok blood trail on a pass through, but it was pretty beat up and not useable afterward as the ferrule was bent badly. Now I just use grim reapers instead and life is all good!

Norm