Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonass View Post
Hey bud next time your in come grab me from the shop and i will get you a free bag of popcorn
i think he'd enjoy the big barrel of bass pro shops cheese puffs over popcorn. grab him a nice lounging camp chair and set it in front of the aquarium. he's very comfortable around fish and polar bear hair. you may even convince him to buy the special barb pinching pliers after all that royal treatment. that's the customer service the old fella likes...................
Old 05-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Yeah.. sit in a Tracker and we'll fry up some bass and pickeral. It's the BEST.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokanee9 View Post
Do I look like I have a chef hat on? You didn't say please. Go down to the movie theater at the other end of the mall and then come back and park your butt in a boat or camping chair in the camping department. While your sitting there have a look at the boat or chair and then maybe you will buy it.

please..what about my popcorn???
Old 05-17-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daceminnow View Post
i think he'd enjoy the big barrel of bass pro shops cheese puffs over popcorn. grab him a nice lounging camp chair and set it in front of the aquarium. he's very comfortable around fish and polar bear hair. you may even convince him to buy the special barb pinching pliers after all that royal treatment. that's the customer service the old fella likes...................

hahahhahaha.....too funny
Old 05-17-2011, 09:05 PM

Quote:
its not my job at the store to pinch peoples barbs for them, i provide customer service when you come to a sporting store do you expect people to do anything to please you, no , you come in to talk and maybe learn something
The guy didn't ask you to pick up his dry cleaning or wash his car. He asked for 2 barbs to be pinched since he did not have pliers. You provide customer service but won't pinch 2 barbs??? Great service you are providing. I could understand if a guy bought a bunch of lures and wanted you to unpackage and squish all the barbs but it was 2 which would have taken how long,30 seconds at most?

I learned one thing,I won't go to BPS and expect anything other than what is strictly stated in the job description of the "customer Service" position.

" Hey could I get a hand putting this heavy thing in my car that I just purchased in your store? I don't have the means to do it."

"Ummm, I didn't hear the magic word dude. Go buy some gym equipment so you can get strong enough to lift the heavy object. It's not my job to put stuff in your car. Come prepared or don't come at all."
Old 05-17-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbdarter View Post
hahahhahaha.....too funny
it's true. his biggest challenge would be to spew out his sales pitch on the pliers before you nod off. belly full of anything, lounging chair, and fish equals nigh nigh time for chubb.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Dont see why you care, i am having an argument with this aldor guy, this all started by aldor going online to whine about service, is there a canadian tire forum that you go on to complain about the service, for instance you bought a car battery and the assoicate did not install it for you? come on guy, P.S. i am extremly friendly towards people always holding doors and saying hello, give everybody the benifit of the doubt, when was the last time you asked somebody to "please" help you at a store, has common decency died lately lol, as i say if aldor had said please it would have been all good but no please mean i dont pinch his barbs. my side of the story, you dont have to like it. Have a Gooder
it matters to anyone who cares to post. his point is that your not considering how others other than aldor may take your comments. if you call one black guy a N...... do you expect the other black guy beside him to look over his shoulder and say " oh you meant him, its all good"

just sayin.

In my own opinion, reading your comments, reactions, dispositions, seeing how you avoid certain points and change the discussion. my evaluation is that your story is definitely not the way it went down. also, that you wouldnt be so nice as you are now trying to come off as. your now saying that if he said please you would have done it..... I call BS. doesnt mean i think you are a terrible person. I just dont believe you. I may be wrong. But then again, something has to be said about a guy who thinks its is comical, cool, or classy to put the word "ASS" after your name on the internet as a handle and expect people to think your a wholesome fella.........

to everyone else (not the assman) regarding the barb thing. I can see why he asked. He was in a bind with a situation. and in the past in a similar jam, a different fishing tackle store helped him out. it is not wrong of him to ask to see if this other tackle shop will do it. now who know what was actually said before and how it was asked but i am just saying the situation is understandable
Old 05-17-2011, 09:12 PM

Quote:
it's true. his biggest challenge would be to spew out his sales pitch on the pliers before you nod off. belly full of anything, lounging chair, and fish equals nigh nigh time for chubb.
i was pooped.....the info of the snow isnt deep tired me out......and after the snow shoe demo i was completely laughed out
Old 05-17-2011, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Hunter Okotoks View Post
The guy didn't ask you to pick up his dry cleaning or wash his car. He asked for 2 barbs to be pinched since he did not have pliers. You provide customer service but won't pinch 2 barbs??? Great service you are providing. I could understand if a guy bought a bunch of lures and wanted you to unpackage and squish all the barbs but it was 2 which would have taken how long,30 seconds at most?

I learned one thing,I won't go to BPS and expect anything other than what is strictly stated in the job description of the "customer Service" position.

" Hey could I get a hand putting this heavy thing in my car that I just purchased in your store? I don't have the means to do it."

"Ummm, I didn't hear the magic word dude. Go buy some gym equipment so you can get strong enough to lift the heavy object. It's not my job to put stuff in your car. Come prepared or don't come at all."
In all fairness, I'm not sure he "asked" to have his barbs pinched but rather expected him to do it based on past experience.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
Chit happens. Shake it off, both of you and go fishin'. It's more fun.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:17 PM

Quote:
i was pooped.....the info of the snow isnt deep tired me out......and after the snow shoe demo i was completely laughed out
good times.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:18 PM

and just for Chubb
:
Old 05-17-2011, 09:23 PM

Default lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
it matters to anyone who cares to post. his point is that your not considering how others other than aldor may take your comments. if you call one black guy a N...... do you expect the other black guy beside him to look over his shoulder and say " oh you meant him, its all good"

just sayin.

In my own opinion, reading your comments, reactions, dispositions, seeing how you avoid certain points and change the discussion. my evaluation is that your story is definitely not the way it went down. also, that you wouldnt be so nice as you are now trying to come off as. your now saying that if he said please you would have done it..... I call BS. doesnt mean i think you are a terrible person. I just dont believe you. I may be wrong. But then again, something has to be said about a guy who thinks its is comical, cool, or classy to put the word "ASS" after your name on the internet as a handle and expect people to think your a wholesome fella.........

to everyone else (not the assman) regarding the barb thing. I can see why he asked. He was in a bind with a situation. and in the past in a similar jam, a different fishing tackle store helped him out. it is not wrong of him to ask to see if this other tackle shop will do it. now who know what was actually said before and how it was asked but i am just saying the situation is understandable
just so you know my last first name is clayton and the first letters of my last name are "ass" its not rude just my handle can you handle that lol, so yea
Old 05-17-2011, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacklerunner View Post
and just for Chubb
:

cuz we are all being polite now

thank you
Old 05-17-2011, 09:25 PM

Default ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post

just sayin.

one question do you carry pliers when you go fishing???
Old 05-17-2011, 09:26 PM

Quote:

nho been fishing?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:30 PM

Default dude

Quote:

Do you carry pliers with you when fishing ???
Old 05-17-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
are you laying down the sales pitch for the special barb pinching pliers to all my buds? i want in. i don't carry pliers when i fish. can i have some? promo deal? what's happening here? i want in. i believe your story......still disturbed about the hackle gals but whatever.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
nho been fishing?
Not at all. I have been laid up with Sciatica for about 6 weeks and am pretty much day to day depending on pain. I know,I know, I should just take more Midol! LOL!
Old 05-17-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
just so you know my last first name is clayton and the first letters of my last name are "ass" its not rude just my handle can you handle that lol, so yea
Are you related to Dick Assman?

He's the guy from Regina that runs a gas station and got the 15 min. of fame on the Letterman show a couple years ago.

I'm being serious here.

http://youtu.be/ZLDzPH-cBhw
Old 05-17-2011, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Yes, generally I do carry pliers when I go fishing. I have also forgot them at home before too because I took them out of my tackle box for something around the house and forgot to put them back in. I don't always know for sure if they are in the vehicle or not. So therefor, if a surprise fishing opportunity presented itself while I was out of town and I was purchasing a couple of flies,and thought;"Hmmmm Are my pliers in the truck..?" I might ask for the barbs to be pinched down at the store.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM

a

Last edited by claytonass; 05-17-2011 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:51 PM

Does Bass pro have their own brand of cheezies?
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Not at all. I have been laid up with Sciatica for about 6 weeks and am pretty much day to day depending on pain. I know,I know, I should just take more Midol! LOL!
well get healed up gimp. let me know when you're up to it and we'll go out. if not before the 16th definitely after, we don't have far to get into a river.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 PM

a

Last edited by claytonass; 05-17-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
it should be a law to always carry pliers with you when fishing i am going to talk with my local CO and see what it will take to make it a law, if your fishing and dont have pliers you are no better than a poacher in my eyes. 90% of fish that are not properly handled die shortly after being realesed.

Heres hoping we will have a new law soon

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we should talk about cheese puffs now..............lol
Old 05-17-2011, 10:02 PM

Default come buy some

Quote:
OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we have like four pallets in stock right now , not a big fan of these ones now if they were the crunchy style
Old 05-17-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
it should be a law to always carry pliers with you when fishing i am going to talk with my local CO and see what it will take to make it a law, if your fishing and dont have pliers you are no better than a poacher in my eyes. 90% of fish that are not properly handled die shortly after being realesed.

Heres hoping we will have a new law soon
After that post I am 100% sure theres no way you work for ass-pro, they wouldnt have someone as ignorant as yourself dealing with the public. or would they?
I was going to stop in there this weekend, you just changed my mind. I will send your manager an email and explain why.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 05-17-2011, 10:12 PM

Quote:
OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm on board! Do you know if they will help lower the swelling after I've been smashing my head into a wall! LOL!
Old 05-17-2011, 10:14 PM

Quote:
I'm on board! Do you know if they will help lower the swelling after I've been smashing my head into a wall! LOL!
maybe a helmet made from cheezie puffs