Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braun View Post
Wait! how many rods you planing on bringing is your intention to fish with all of them or just one at a time.
Well 3 of us....and I have 2 kids at home.....boot has 3 kids he hasn't been told about yet and geeze you must have at least a couple....hmmmm dozen rods between the 3 of us seem right? .....our limit is 72 fish then....

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boot View Post
Change starts with small steps. Believe it or not, less than a hundred years ago, you didn't have the right to vote... personally, I'm glad someone said something on your behalf.
so what rights are you fighting for that AZN's don't currently have here in Canada? the right to poach?

Quote:
...but what's worse than having an angler take an extra fish home for the day is some of the mean spirited attitudes from members of this forum...
from this post you have clearly shown your attitude towards poaching...some mean people on an internet forum are worse than AZN's poaching fish?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Well 3 of us....and I have 2 kids at home.....boot has 3 kids he hasn't been told about yet and geeze you must have at least a couple....hmmmm dozen rods between the 3 of us seem right? .....our limit is 72 fish then....

LC
K ill fold down the seats and throw the XL totes in the back of the sienna when I get home.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:

LC
Wicked! And nobody will bother me, because I'll be sandwiched between 2 white guys. When we heading out?
Old 06-28-2011, 03:38 PM

Quote:
K ill fold down the seats and throw the XL totes in the back of the sienna when I get home.
If they're all 5 inch fish you won't need big containers...
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyreeUM View Post
from this post you have clearly shown your attitude towards poaching...some mean people on an internet forum are worse than AZN's poaching fish?
Absolutely. I'm sure you have priorities in your life too. I hope 8 inch stockers aren't at the top of your list.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Wicked! And nobody will bother me, because I'll be sandwiched between 2 white guys. When we heading out?
Lefty, best part about this is that if we do get approached by a co, we could just say it was all boot. I mean come on. 2 white guys and an asian. who do you think he is going to believe poached all those fish.....
Old 06-28-2011, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Umm I am not white thank you very much.....why the generalization?? I am caucasian thank you!

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Lefty, best part about this is that if we do get approached by a co, we could just say it was all boot. I mean come on. 2 white guys and an asian. who do you think he is going to believe poached all those fish.....
Aw geez, I didn't think about that... I'm totally screwed!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Change starts with small steps. Believe it or not, less than a hundred years ago, you didn't have the right to vote... personally, I'm glad someone said something on your behalf.
Rather than constantly inflame the issue...how about you put in your own words how you would like some one to explain a poaching event that happened so that others can watch for the same individuals conducting the same behavoir?

I am not talking about a generality...but an explanation how do you give a description without a description.

I personally don't see a problem with politely wording a description...without going derogatory...whether you say he is driving a old F150 with a pink bumper sticker or has a beard and a german accent or what ever.

I have given similar descriptions to police and F&W at their request and it is 100% expected when giving testimony. Why extraplate it to racism? Sometimes people make a fight where non exists or enrages people to get cranky for no reason just to pick a useless point. In this instance you are crying wolf...way to much. Your message however positive it may be intended is being eroded and blackened by your constantly sharp, pointed, hot stick in the eye.

Your comment about not caring about 8 inch sterile trout leads one to believe your back should be turned to any "minor" poaching. Is that your intent?
Just a thought. That comment concerns me more than anything else on this thread.

Sun
Old 06-28-2011, 03:43 PM

^^^^^^^
X1000

Most intelligently put post in this entire thread thanks for the reality check Sun........

........but I digress.....

Quote:
Exactly why do you think I keep inviting him to come down to the pond with me?

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Absolutely. I'm sure you have priorities in your life too. I hope 8 inch stockers aren't at the top of your list.
they are higher on my list than policing an internet forum...

this form is on the INTERNET - do you realize half the posts on this forum are jokes/sarcastic, posted just to get a laugh by the poster and the others who can understand a joke, and as a bonus - to get a rise out of people like you! Wake up man, geez i feel like I am taking crazy pills when I see you go off on your rants....
Old 06-28-2011, 03:46 PM

i think this forum has scared off all (AZN's).
Old 06-28-2011, 03:47 PM

I was there last night fly fishing directly accross from them. I noticed again they were pulling out whatever they could keep and had ther kids fishing as well. I did not look to see what or how they were catching them, but good on ya if they were doing it illegally. Dont worry they wont be there anymore once all the fish are gone come August. PS whomever the fly guys were on the very Southside of the pond - how did you guys do? Are you the guys that were nymphing in the earlier post? I dried flied all night and did ok.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:

this form is on the INTERNET - do you realize half the posts on this forum are jokes/sarcastic, posted just to get a laugh by the poster and the others who can understand a joke, and as a bonus - to get a rise out of people like you! Wake up man, geez i feel like I am taking crazy pills when I see you go off on your rants....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUQ7_...eature=related
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Your comment about not caring about 8 inch sterile trout leads one to believe your back should be turned to any "minor" poaching. Is that your intent?
Just a thought. That comment concerns me more than anything else on this thread.
Sun
bingo - he has the typical attitude of a poacher....nail in the coffin in my book - who posts on a fishing forum that taking an extra fish now and again is really not a big concern? "It's only one fish" "A few extra fish are not a big deal when you consider other horrible things that go on" POACHER!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Sun
Sundance, this thread is dying, but if you want me to answer the first question about descriptions and such... then I will. Although it'll just create more drama on this thread.

My post about poaching was relative. I stated that I'd like to see all poachers caught and fined. I'd love to see an end to all poaching activity. But my original problem with this thread was how it started and escalated about Filipinos. To me, the general disdain for certain ethnicities is a still a big problem in Canadian culture and that's more important to me than 8 inch stocked fish.

So I wasn't arguing about poaching. I agree that it's wrong and we should all call it in. But to keep bringing up poaching as an excuse to stereotype and promote bigotry... well that's what I have a problem with.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:

Are you getting a rise out of me or am I getting a rise out of you... interesting.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:52 PM

Quote:
bingo - he has the typical attitude of a poacher....nail in the coffin in my book - who posts on a fishing forum that taking an extra fish now and again is really not a big concern? "It's only one fish" "A few extra fish are not a big deal when you consider other horrible things that go on" POACHER!!!
Haha, that's not quite what I said. But everyone has their own priorities. I'm glad 8 inch stockers top your list... at least you're easy to please.
Old 06-28-2011, 03:54 PM

Is anyone else starting to hear the sound of Charlie Brown's teacher in the back of their heads???
Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Are you getting a rise out of me or am I getting a rise out of you... interesting.
if a laugh is considered a "rise" than absolutely, this thread has taken me far beyond a chuckle!!!
Old 06-28-2011, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Haha, that's not quite what I said. But everyone has their own priorities. I'm glad 8 inch stockers top your list... at least you're easy to please.
Hmmm see what is like to have that done to you?

Take a bite.....

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Hmmm see what is like to have that done to you?

Take a bite.....

LC
haha BINGO!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:04 PM

And now to stop the fighting

it's mickey roonie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPjAz...eature=related
Old 06-28-2011, 04:05 PM

Quote:
haha BINGO!
I am truly humbled now. May I have some more pie?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
if you are already humbled...why would you need more pie, poacher...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:07 PM

Quote:
There isn't enough pie in the galaxy that we could force feed you in order for you to understand....

LC
Old 06-28-2011, 04:09 PM

Quote:
if you are already humbled...why would you need more pie, poacher...
It's genetic... why else?

Tyree, you're normally very witty and funny, why so angry today?
Old 06-28-2011, 04:22 PM

Quote:
It's genetic... why else?

Tyree, you're normally very witty and funny, why so angry today?
thats the problem with the internet sometimes, you have failed to see my sarcasm and laughter - my posts have been a joke with a purpose, to show you how easy it is to take something someone says and turn it around. But i have not stopped laughing this whole time...
Old 06-28-2011, 04:31 PM

Quote:
thats the problem with the internet sometimes, you have failed to see my sarcasm and laughter - my posts have been a joke with a purpose, to show you how easy it is to take something someone says and turn it around. But i have not stopped laughing this whole time...
Naw, the Internet's not the problem. I think your delivery is a bit off today... just my opinion.
Closed Thread