Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-05-2009, 02:00 PM

Default pse super short gx

has anyone used this bow and what do you think
Old 08-09-2009, 10:44 AM

I bought one last year and have been very happy with it for a couple of different reasons. I do mostly spot and stock hunting, and with my super short I find it easier to move though the bush and in tight spot with. It is compareable to most hi performance bows out there, its shots flat, one pin out to 35 yrds. For taking on trips the size is nice as its easy to store, haul on backpacks, horses, or quads. I wouldn't trade it for any other bow.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:55 AM

Would it keep you from entering Pope and Young??? As I think I heard one time that the axle to axle must be at least 30 inches.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:06 AM

a buddy has one,I have shot it a few times and really like it.I want to get me one.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabers Best View Post
Would it keep you from entering Pope and Young??? As I think I heard one time that the axle to axle must be at least 30 inches.
Yes it is not Pope & Young legal. If it wasn't for that I would definately be shooting one for hunting. Awesome bow!
Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wctbowtech View Post
Yes it is not Pope & Young legal. If it wasn't for that I would definately be shooting one for hunting. Awesome bow!
I am starting to get the hang of this archery thing!!!
Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Talking

my son just bought the pse x-force treestand almost the same bow but slightly longer awesome small fast and quiet and i think 30"
Old 08-14-2009, 01:19 AM

Where did you guys find that pope &young won't accept bows with an axle lenght shorter than 30", I have looked at their rules at did not see anything about axle lenght?
Old 08-14-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wctbowtech View Post
So when you enter an animal into pope&young you also need the make and model of the bow in which the arrow left. First time i've heard of this.
Old 08-14-2009, 11:16 AM

Hmm I can't seem to find the pope and young website anymore, but some of regs/rules/standards when I looked at them were:

Axle to Axle was a minimum of 30" and if bow has more than 65% letoff you get an astrik beside your name.

When I was looking at bows for my midget draw length I ended up not even trying half of them bc of the axle height.....it'd be just my luck to shoot a monster buck with a too short bow. So I decided to go with a axle length legal bow 'just in case'.

Danni
Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfman View Post
Where did you guys find that pope &young won't accept bows with an axle lenght shorter than 30", I have looked at their rules at did not see anything about axle lenght?
This is the site and definition of a legal bow and arrow for the Pope & Young Club. http://www.pope-young.org/bowhunting_equipment.asp
Old 08-14-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam View Post
So when you enter an animal into pope&young you also need the make and model of the bow in which the arrow left. First time i've heard of this.
Yes, this is on the other form you submit along with the score sheet.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRHunter View Post
Hmm I can't seem to find the pope and young website anymore, but some of regs/rules/standards when I looked at them were:

Axle to Axle was a minimum of 30" and if bow has more than 65% letoff you get an astrik beside your name.

When I was looking at bows for my midget draw length I ended up not even trying half of them bc of the axle height.....it'd be just my luck to shoot a monster buck with a too short bow. So I decided to go with a axle length legal bow 'just in case'.

Danni
The length requirement does not state axel to axel. When I took the course to become an official measurer the instructors said it was from the top of the top limb to the bottom of the bottom limb. This is why the Mathews DXT is legal (the ATA of this bow is 29-3/4") when you measure the bow as decribed above it is about 30-1/32".
Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solocam View Post
having filled out a few of the forms, yes it definitely asks for that information. It also asks at what distance you harvested the animal, the let-off, location of the kill, number of arrows shot at the animal and the location of each hit in the case of multiple shots.

On topic, I'm not a big fan of short bows myself but a lot of people seem to like them for their compactness. I was fooled a bit last year, I have 2 bows and I thought the shorter one would work better in my API doghouse. It doesn't, it's riser is actually designed a bit differently and it would rub on the velcro. On the bright side the cam didn't hit the roof on the shot that didn't happen
Old 08-15-2009, 06:40 PM

I stand corrected, but in any case 30" bow length does kick out shorter bows as being legal for us with tiny draw lenghts.

Danni
Old 08-16-2009, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBRHunter View Post
I stand corrected, but in any case 30" bow length does kick out shorter bows as being legal for us with tiny draw lenghts.

Danni

There's a ton of bows out there with 30"+ a to a and short draw lengths that are completely legal in P&Y's view.