Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 06:11 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
If they can’t pull off an internal election how are they suppose to manage my province. Nobody tries anymore.
There was a piece on the news that the majority of the people unable to vote (95%)?, had failed to follow the instructions, ie register to vote before the deadline. Not sure how that is the parties fault?
Old 10-28-2017, 07:01 AM

Default What has happened so far

I purchased my membership months ago so that I could vote in this election. Night before last I got an e-mailed membership card, good for one year until October 26 2018.

I still am "not" in the system, so no PIN.

Hal is correct I didn't follow any instructions sent to me by the party, I didn't even read them. I was getting unwanted e-mails every day from candidates and others, asking for money, saying how unsuitable their opponents were and how great they were. There is nothing I like better than unwanted e-mails soliciting money and even better being told what to do by a political party.

So I bought the membership, showed all my I.D. so that I could vote for the guy I wanted as leader, I haven't changed my mind since then. I didn't need anyone telling me anything else.

As of now, mf and I are going Pheasant hunting and I'm counting my $10 as lost.

Too bad really.
Old 10-28-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
I purchased my membership months ago so that I could vote in this election. Night before last I got an e-mailed membership card, good for one year until October 26 2018.

I still am "not" in the system, so no PIN.

Hal is correct I didn't follow any instructions sent to me by the party, I didn't even read them. I was getting unwanted e-mails every day from candidates and others, asking for money, saying how unsuitable their opponents were and how great they were. There is nothing I like better than unwanted e-mails soliciting money and even better being told what to do by a political party.

So I bought the membership, showed all my I.D. so that I could vote for the guy I wanted as leader, I haven't changed my mind since then. I didn't need anyone telling me anything else.

As of now, mf and I are going Pheasant hunting and I'm counting my $10 as lost.

Too bad really.
Exact reason I never renewed my membership. The constant barrage of emails and letters asking for money etc became very annoying very quickly.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
There was a piece on the news that the majority of the people unable to vote (95%)?, had failed to follow the instructions, ie register to vote before the deadline. Not sure how that is the parties fault?
I know a few in my circle that did not get PIN’s because they either did not know how to send their photo ID .... or refused to send it.
Old 10-28-2017, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I know a few in my circle that did not get PIN’s because they either did not know how to send their photo ID .... or refused to send it.
Exactly and coupled with the complaints of junk mailing and even Jean himself requesting a hiatus leaves me untrusting.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:34 AM

Default The most recent

The people running the election are announcing that there are no "complaints" I guess I don't count, and that it is always the losers who complain about the process.

I truly hope that this is just incompetence not corruption.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:01 PM

Unhappy

A family member was unable to vote as he could not submit photo ID in time, due to only having a temporary drivers' licence. He tried calling but could not get through. He commented:

"The whole point of a pin number is to defeat voter fraud via IP masking with a VPN. The fact that you can call in and potentially 'get a pin' indicates immediately there is a problem.....if you can do this by simply regurgitating
name/address then there was no point in submitting photo id."

I agree!!!!
I had no problems voting. It will be interesting to see the results.... I was disappointed from the start with the massive, federal-level entry fees which prevented some candidates from finishing the race. There is no doubt Kenney has a huge war chest. Constant emails, phone calls and Facebook messages. And glossy print mailouts! I kept moving their phone numbers to my reject list but they just came up with a new number!! Glad it will be over after today....

Saving one animal won't change the world, but the world will change for that one animal!

Old 10-28-2017, 01:34 PM
Banned

Lets just be happy that there will be a united party that will kick the NDP to the curb. I would hope that even a dead mule would beat Notley next time around.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:21 PM

Easiest election I’ve ever voted in. Can’t believe the whining here. I didn’t follow the directions so I couldn’t vote. Waaaah. WAaaah.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
The people running the election are announcing that there are no "complaints" I guess I don't count, and that it is always the losers who complain about the process.

I truly hope that this is just incompetence not corruption.
Not trying to be a jerk, but due to your posts, I'm having a hard time being sympathetic and have a suspicious feeling the issue is on your end, not theirs. A quick summary:

-"I finally got my membership 12 hours ago (middle of the night) and it had expired before it was mailed." followed by "Night before last I got an e-mailed membership card, good for one year until October 26 2018.";

-"Did you register to vote prior to the October 13 cutoff?" remains unanswered;

-"Hal is correct I didn't follow any instructions sent to me by the party, I didn't even read them."

-"IMO the UCP has made this whole process so byzantine that it will discourage all but the most intrepid voters, but from others "Voted yesterday on line, no problem at all.", "voting works very smooth", "voted yesterday morning using the phone with no problems".....

If you registered to vote, followed the instructions, and are having a rough time voting, I'd feel for you. But it kinda sounds like you didn't register, didn't even bother to read the instructions, and now want to blame the party for your voting issues.
Old 10-28-2017, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Not trying to be a jerk, but due to your posts, I'm having a hard time being sympathetic and have a suspicious feeling the issue is on your end, not theirs. A quick summary:

-"I finally got my membership 12 hours ago (middle of the night) and it had expired before it was mailed." followed by "Night before last I got an e-mailed membership card, good for one year until October 26 2018.";

-"Did you register to vote prior to the October 13 cutoff?" remains unanswered;

-"Hal is correct I didn't follow any instructions sent to me by the party, I didn't even read them."

-"IMO the UCP has made this whole process so byzantine that it will discourage all but the most intrepid voters, but from others "Voted yesterday on line, no problem at all.", "voting works very smooth", "voted yesterday morning using the phone with no problems".....

If you registered to vote, followed the instructions, and are having a rough time voting, I'd feel for you. But it kinda sounds like you didn't register, didn't even bother to read the instructions, and now want to blame the party for your voting issues.
X2
Old 10-28-2017, 04:59 PM

Default The last post

I called and spoke to someone in the office of the UCP and explained my situation. She was sympathetic and said she would speak to her boss and get back to me with a PIN in time for me to cast a ballot.

So far no call, and I don't expect one.

The reason for all the security was to prevent voter fraud. There must have been easier and equally effective ways, why didn't I get a PIN when I bought and paid for my membership?

If this is how they "unite the right" I was left out.

Oh I don't need any sympathy the guy I was going to support, if he comes up a few votes short is the one who we need to feel sorry for.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I called and spoke to someone in the office of the UCP and explained my situation. She was sympathetic and said she would speak to her boss and get back to me with a PIN in time for me to cast a ballot.

So far no call, and I don't expect one.

The reason for all the security was to prevent voter fraud. There must have been easier and equally effective ways, why didn't I get a PIN when I bought and paid for my membership?

If this is how they "unite the right" I was left out.

Oh I don't need any sympathy the guy I was going to support, if he comes up a few votes short is the one who we need to feel sorry for.
Just like Max Bernier. He was like 300 something first ballot votes away from winning the whole thing.