Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-18-2010, 02:50 PM

Default presentation and help

Good morning to everybody, my name is Andrew, i'm living in Italy and i am a C.A.S shooter, long range shooter and a gun collector. I'm 46 years old.
Sorry for my english but i'm italian.
Last month i purchased on a Public Auction, because was in mint condition also if Re-nickeld in some part, a Colt Thunderer in 41 LC .
The barrel and mechanic are perfect, so i have a big desire to try it and use it some time.
But in Italy nobody does 41 LC ammunition, i found brasses and dies but no way to find bullet. In USA a some brand produce 41 LC bullet but they cannot send in Italy, by law, or only by exporter, wit 300 USD additional cost. That before nobody use this obsolete caliber.

So i'm looking for a mould 41 LC ,to cast personally my bullet. I know that Lyman did it until first eighty's ,and Rapine until 2 years ago.
Someone knows where i can find it ?
thank you for help.
That's the gun :
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040431.jpg (99.3 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg P1040430.jpg (100.9 KB, 13 views)
Old 10-18-2010, 03:39 PM

I can't help you but could you have a machinist/gunsmith build a mold for you if you had the dimensions? I would expect that the bullet dimensions would be available pretty easy and a machinist should be able to do it without too much trouble or cost.

Good luck.