Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-17-2010, 10:05 AM

Default Beautful grouping!

Picked up an old rem 721 in .270win from Bingo1010 a month or so ago, and finally got a chance to get it to the range and but a few down the tube. It's a right handed bolt, and myself being a lefty not really the best fit for me, but my girlfriend loves it, which is good, as it was intended as a birthday gift for her. Being her riffle, she got the honor of the first rounds. Shooting from a bench, 100yrd target, light breeze left to right, she laid out a perfect sub-dime sized group, 1/2" right of bull's eye... My turn. Turns out the riffle is a bit short for my lanky frame, and somehow kicked the crap out of my shoulder... but still a perfect grouping just a bit bigger than hers. Between the 2 of us we put 20 rounds through it, never a single shot more than a 1/2" off of where we wanted it. Excellent day, absolutely love the girlfriend's new hunting rig, and many thanks to bingo for setting us up with this little gem. May not be the newest or the nicest thing in the field this year, but was shooting groups less than half the size of my buddy's new Sako A7 in 300wsm being shot off the next bench beside us. Maybe it's true, they just don't build em like they used to...
Old 10-17-2010, 10:14 AM

Hang on to that one. I out of 100. Nice shooting by the way.