Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-07-2016, 10:42 AM

Default Feb 10-22 mexico fishing back with pictures

Happy new year to all. Now that hunting season is over Its time to start getting my surf fishing stuff ready for Mexico. Thanks for others posting tackle they have had success with i picked up a few new lures to try this year. i will be heading down for the above dates to Bucerious and hope to fish every morning before the wife and kids are wake. Last year i fished 9 mornings out front of the resort. With only average success I want to be a bit more adventurous this year and rent a scooter and fish a couple other location within a 30 min drive mostly up near Punta De minta. If anyone is down at that same time and want to get together and fish. Send me a PM or come find me just at sunrise i will be between Bucerious and nueavo vellarta in that open beach area. Some of the new areas I would like to try a ibmight have to hike it so a partner to come with would make a bit more comfortable if something was to happen.

Good luck fishing to all fellow AO members
Old 01-07-2016, 11:55 AM

The wife an I will be down just south of Punta de Mita at the Grand Palladium 16-23rd and the fishing gear is coming. A scooter/car rental adventure was on our list to do so may be we can work something out.

this is our first time back there in 15 years so I don't have any real local knowleage
Old 01-07-2016, 11:56 AM

hey i'll be in Puerto Vallarta feb 6-16 and i'm trying to put an excursion togather. I just checked out www.sharedfishing.com and the cost was no bad!
Old 01-07-2016, 02:22 PM

I am no expert on the area but i have done a bunch of surf fishing and kayak fishing when i am there. There is a couple little beaches with rocks around punta that look great and there looks like a trail going to the north shore of the Punta de mita point. Also a couple spots between la cruez and punta along the 200 highway that a guy could walk into from the highway. The sand beach along the resorts is pretty slow fishing and busy with people walking while your casting guy has to check his back every cast. If you have kids the la cruez marina is fun to jig from and catch small perch fish.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:05 PM

hear is my best fish from last year off the sand beach
Old 01-17-2016, 07:35 PM

We'll be down in Punta de Mita Feb 6-13. Looking forward to some deepsea fishing. We're two of us looking to share a charter. Looking at a 10 hour trip with y knot charters out of Punta de Mita. Pm me if interested..
Old 01-18-2016, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw outdoors View Post
hear is my best fish from last year off the sand beach
I would take one of those and call the whole week successful.

And speaking of kayaks, I am guessing there is a place to rent a fishing yak
Old 01-18-2016, 07:10 PM

hears my gear i will be packing
Old 11-07-2017, 07:38 PM

I used the biggest 1 3/8 iirc bass pro has a similar lead casting spoon and I think it comes with a dressed hook which is something the slab spoon is missing. I wish the slab spoon came in a 2 and 3 oz version. You can't even buy a mold that is bigger than 1 3/8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1285...8SjjiVOueYhMF0
Old 11-07-2017, 07:42 PM

A new lure to try is the yo-zuri mag darter it has a weight transfer system that should make it fly quite well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/1285...8SjjiVOueYhMF0
Old 11-07-2017, 08:18 PM

I went to a store called Zaragosta marina.....spend about 100 bucks and got a 8 ' rod and a ****ty reel that is now busted cause I got it wet....but I can make it work for now...i caught the sting rays just south of the royal dameron.....there is a empty field beside hotel.... .....just hucked out a 3 oz slip weight....treble hook and squid.....use squid.....

Suyalita tomorrow....ill try for different fish....i also bought a harpon gun thing and shot 2 fish!!!! Lol....
Old 01-11-2018, 08:12 PM

Going to bump this back up, headed out next month anybody had any success?