Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 04-03-2017, 09:23 AM

Default Too much gear? Nahhhh!

When you go through the summer time rods and gear, and you start to say to yourself, "That would be a good guest rod, and they can use the spare tackle box" it might be time to find a 12-step program for fishing gear! I'll have to think about that when I'm picking up some more line and a few slip bobbers today!
Old 04-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Geeeeeeear!!!!
Old 04-03-2017, 11:10 AM

Actually what we need is a good gear sale! I have been watching WS and TFH, nothing for deals other than bulk line 50% of at TFH for the month of April. I thought I had gear until I got into BC fishing, then found out it is a whole new game! Baitcaster rods and reels and hali rods and reels and mooching rods and reels and a couple spares of each, cannonballs and downriggers, plus a couple spare down riggers because you are 20 hours from home....
yikes
Old 04-03-2017, 11:22 AM

Organization is the key here boys

The older I get the more gear,so I have taken to specific tackle bags.. One bag is Minnewanka so that is the one I grab., Another is walley, another is general jigs, spoons for pike. One is for crank baits, one is for trolling gear, one is set up for when I am going with someones boat or in their vehicle.

Then there are 2 tackle boxes that stay in the boat at all times unless I am going to Minnewanka.

Now I am beginning to think I could maybe have an issue, NAH
Old 04-03-2017, 04:36 PM

never too much gear in my mind. i have just over 80 rods now. two years ago i promised myself no more rods no matter what. just last year i bought 5 more, hahaha .....but but buts these are rods i don't have yet. my last 5 rods i bought were are for travelling they break down into like 5-6 pcs and travel very well.
Old 04-03-2017, 06:53 PM

Default Too much gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by the local angler View Post
never too much gear in my mind. i have just over 80 rods now. two years ago i promised myself no more rods no matter what. just last year i bought 5 more, hahaha .....but but buts these are rods i don't have yet. my last 5 rods i bought were are for travelling they break down into like 5-6 pcs and travel very well.
Wow, I thought I had a lot of rods at 19. Tackle is a weakness for me. Just can't get enough of the stuff.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:44 PM

well my buddy has way more then i do lol i swear we can open our own tackle store.