Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-22-2018, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntvalues View Post
Thank you all so much for your responses. I have received a lot of replies and have now paused collection (can only work through so much data in a limited time period). I greatly appreciate it!
Sorry that I missed an opportunity to view the survey.

To maintain your integrity, it will be pertinent that you share your thesis with those you asked for help. Please come back to this thread and post a link to the paper when available.

Best wishes to you.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 02-22-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrush View Post
Done. Took four more minutes. I have nothing to hide and I am always willing to answer any questions about my hunting. Pro hunting or anti, rather it be an informed decision that assumed.
Agree 100%

BH

Old 02-22-2018, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
I never meant to come across like dick, but wow i have been to some strange place's on the net and i am fairly open minded but that is one of the most disturbing comments that i have ever read anywhere...hahahaha

I'll stick to being an uneducated moron if that's what they are teaching!
Try reading the books this waste of skin made us read and write essays on. 9 years of post-secondary education, lots of useless boring classes, but that was the only thing I have ever had like that. I can't describe the full extent of what that waste of skin made us read or I'd have to ban myself. LOL.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
I have spoken with the student doing the research, and have taken the survey. There are no loaded questions by any means, and does not in any way seem to aligned with any cause which would be detrimental to our hunting pursuits. I am inclined to want to help out and be hospitable. Survey is also very short.
A word of caution here...

UBC students have infiltrated HuntBC on several occasions, sometimes in the exact same style as seen here. At other times they have signed up incognito to collect screen shots that side with their Agenda. In the vast majority of cases, the results have been anything but "on the side" of hunters, and have actually been employed to show them in the most negative light possible.

A quick check of the Graduate Students list & bios well indicate the two undergrads in this particular case are both deeply entwined in the "Animal Welfare Program":

http://awp.landfood.ubc.ca/people/graduate-students/

Now perhaps these two are somehow different than their colleagues who have pulled this kind of charade off on HuntBC. Perhaps...

Just a word regarding potential issues with how your information might be used down the road...

Cheers,
Nog
Old 02-27-2018, 06:10 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

These folks just tried the exact same act over on HuntBC.

They have been exposed as ANTI's.

Just a Head's Up in case they return...
Nog
Old 02-27-2018, 07:53 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
These folks just tried the exact same act over on HuntBC.

They have been exposed as ANTI's.

Just a Head's Up in case they return...
Nog
Thanks nog, your on the net more than the rest of us, at least me, keep us albertans informed of these wankers when they pop up elsewhere.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 02-27-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
A word of caution here...

UBC students have infiltrated HuntBC on several occasions, sometimes in the exact same style as seen here. At other times they have signed up incognito to collect screen shots that side with their Agenda. In the vast majority of cases, the results have been anything but "on the side" of hunters, and have actually been employed to show them in the most negative light possible.

A quick check of the Graduate Students list & bios well indicate the two undergrads in this particular case are both deeply entwined in the "Animal Welfare Program":

Now perhaps these two are somehow different than their colleagues who have pulled this kind of charade off on HuntBC. Perhaps...

Just a word regarding potential issues with how your information might be used down the road...

Cheers,
Nog
This person is an undergrad. She hunts, but with a falcon. I've seen the pics. The survey allowed us to give our views. Anyone can take screenshots without being a member.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:26 AM
Banned

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
Thanks nog, your on the net more than the rest of us, at least me, keep us albertans informed of these wankers when they pop up elsewhere.
Will do. There are a few of us watching...

Katie Mills

Katie MillsI graduated from UBC in 2015 with a BSc (Honours) in Applied Animal Biology. During my undergraduate degree I began to explore the field of animal welfare science and had my first introduction to research through the Animal Welfare Program in 2013. From there I had the opportunity to work on a variety of projects including my undergraduate thesis on public perceptions of medically unnecessary surgeries in companion animals. After graduating, I became a research assistant before starting my MSc in September 2016. I am interested in how the understanding of stakeholder attitudes can help to improve animal welfare; specifically, my research will focus on farmer attitudes towards management practices for cows during the transition period.

Her "co-author" does not appear on any UBC student listing.

The Animal Welfare Program at UBC is well recognized as a breeding ground for those who seek out ways to disparage hunting, the hunting community and any who support that.

Despite requests regarding the title of the supposed thesis (co-authored? At a Masters level?), the focus of the thesis, the target wildlife journal it was intended to be submitted to, and the expected end use of the data collected, they did not provide any answers. They were entirely aware of the queries, and given opportunity to respond. They did not.

Another of our crew investigated their twitter feed. What was discovered there was sufficient to identify them as Anti-Hunters, and the thread was shut down on HuntBC.

Next...
Nog
Old 02-28-2018, 12:39 PM

nice work

Tags
commentary, hunting, research, values