Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 08-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Default No drop in my arrows??? Noob Help??

Hey guys

I'm new to bow hunting and i'm tryin to pick up the sport on my own just off info on the internet and practice. I've bought this bow of a buddy who has had it for probably 10 years and really just wasn't using it. I took it to WSS in edmonton and got them to take a look at it and the said everything looked fine on the bow so I was planning on using it this year and if i really enjoy the sport then I'll invest in a quality setup next year.

Now my problem, (keep in mind that i'm new please I'm thinking this sounds ******ed but i cant figure it out) so i've been putting some arrows through it and have got the 10 pin locked in everything seems fine, right on the money, but when i step back to try and sight the other pins, there seems to be no arrow drop to speak of. The 2nd pin is set roughtly 1/4" below my first pin but when I shoot at the 20yrd or even 30 yrd marks and use my first pin (10yrd) there seems to be no drop in any of my arrows, my arrow placement seems to just open up. never mind using the other pins because the 10 pin keeps my arrows very close to the bullseye.

now in my head this just doesn't make sense, do you guys have any ideas on what could be causing this or explain this to me. Also keep in mind that my form is most likely not bulletproof, i try and concentrate on the same movements each shot.

any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks guys
Old 08-18-2009, 10:50 AM

There is no need for a 10 yard pin 20 30 40 (50 (maybe)) You wont ever see a difference in the 10 - 20 because your bow shoots flat out to 25 most of the new fast shooting bows only need 1 pin for 20 and 30.
When you improve at shooting you will see the smaller differences though.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM

the further away from the target you are, the more of a drop you will see. The difference between 10 and 20 yards is nil. The difference between 40 and fifty yards could be feet.
Old 08-18-2009, 01:58 PM

Sounds to me like you are either getting arrow contact on the rest or your knock point is too high.