Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-18-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
When I was a kid if you did that sort of stuff and got caught the local newspaper had a court section in a prominent visible section of the paper where they put your picture, (a large clear picture) and your name , what you did and your address. If you were under 18 they included your parents names and address. They also had a time slot on the local radio station where they would broadcast all this information for a week. This was in a small town where everyone knew everyone, the public humiliation offenders suffered if caught seemed to keep this section of the paper pretty small.

This was before the days of the young offenders act, which should be revoked. Back in the day when your neighbor could kick any kids ass and teachers could give the strap, kick you out of school at any time and bus drivers could stop the bus and throw you off in the middle of nowhere if you were acting up or refuse to even let you on the bus. You know back in the day when parents/society cared about their kids and had rules they were expected to follow.
You gave me flashbacks! The strap, we were well aquainted! The bus driver,well I now think he was paid to throw me off the bus. I walked more than anything, and he still got paid.
I wasn't a bad kid just hard to handle