Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 PM

Default 2-thumbs down for Briab Hall

Listening to ched sports show today and Hallsy' was yapping about how mike vick has paid his dues to socitety, and he can't believe know team has signed him yet. Then he went on to say that he was an impartial player in the dog fighting anyways, not like he was shooting deer or bears just to have them stuffed, " I hate those types" it's not even a sport... hunting. All I can say is take your ugly toupe and stick it where the sun don't shine Brian! You should stick to doing commercials because you wouldn't know sports if they jumped up and kicked in the groin. I'm going to be letting the producers at ched know he's alienating a big listening audience. I will not tune in to his ANTI_HUNTING PROGRAMMING ever again. And I will not shop at Crosstown dodge or anyone else that hires him as aspokes person.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:57 PM

I sent him an email about it. Nice and simple:

Why did you decide to rant about hunters today?
Old 08-10-2009, 09:17 PM

maybe we banded together and got some of his Saskatchewan cousins busted for killing ducks? you never know!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 08-10-2009, 11:12 PM

I just gave him an email expressing my thoughts as well.
Maybee all of us hunters/football fans should email the old man with some insight. (Possibly the managment and sales depts too)
Hallsy@630ched.com
Old 08-11-2009, 08:30 AM

I could never listen to him for more than about 30 seconds. Ad-libbing the Tony Roma's commercials because he forgot the line or wanted to sound extra cool.

Then again, most things on CHED are a bit of a running joke...
Old 08-11-2009, 09:26 AM

Cut the guy some slack. For goodness sake, he's 140 years old and senile. He was calling football games before they even had LEATHER helmets. Be kind.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copidosoma View Post
I could never listen to him for more than about 30 seconds. Ad-libbing the Tony Roma's commercials because he forgot the line or wanted to sound extra cool.

Then again, most things on CHED are a bit of a running joke...
Hey...your dissing my daily radio entertainment. My radio has been locked-on to CHED for 11 years now. Yes there are a couple/few hosts that I am not going to prop up......Primeau then Hallsey being at the top of my least favoured hosts. Bringing in a couple Left leaners to counter the Right(eous)........is just wrong lol.
Old 08-11-2009, 09:50 AM

I sent him an e-mail as a not impressed advertiser.
RBH
Old 08-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Default Letter Sent

RE: August 10th broadcast
Archived at: http://vip.thehawk.ca/Shared/AudioVa...ysubmit=Listen

Mr. Hall,

Your comments on the August 10th broadcast disgust me to my very core. In my humble opinion, you sir have made a distinct and flagrant error in judgment, and done so in the eyes of thousands of licensed hunters in this province.

Mike Vick ran an illegal dog fighting outfit for 6 years. He handled the blood money from that venture. He served 23 months in federal prison.
He failed drug tests while on bail, and was directly implicated with the appalling treatment of dogs, and yet, while you do not 'hate' that man, you 'hate' Alberta hunters.

Your 'hatred' is aimed squarely at those individuals whose primary cause is the management and ethical use of our wildlife. Those who stand on the front line of conservation, who ensure the safety and accessibility of our wild spaces, who hunt legally, ethically, and inject real dollars into Alberta restaurants, hotels, retailers and services. Your 'hate' was targeted directly at those who choose to treasure our animals, rather than fight them to death in a cage and dump them behind the warehouse.

Mr. Hall, you are entirely off base.

To suggest that you accept a wanton dog-fighter, who profited substantially from the inhumane treatment of animals, but can't accept the legal and ethical harvest of wild game merely indicates your ignorance of hunting in this country and particularly in the province in which you reside.

We can accept that you are not personally in support of hunting, and would not do so yourself. I respect that position. I cannot accept your hatred however.

Your lack of judgment continued:

"I can understand it with natives in the wild, and they have to feed their families cause that's the only food they have..."

Show me a 'native in the wild' in this province sir that has not made a conscious choice to do so. Show me a band in this province that does not receive some form of rightful funding or support from the provincial or federal government or a band that successfully generates its own revenue, and I may accept that statement. Until then, your statement stands as a representation of your continued ignorance.

Your assertions that those first nations peoples who choose to live as their forefathers did (referred to as 'subsistence hunting') are 'natives in the wild' is apalling. Deer occur in the wild sir. Bear occur in the wild sir. The people of our first nations do not. The members of first nations communities in this province also comprise a part of your audience. Or do they not watch football in "the wild"?

I for one have held you, and your program as a piece of media that simply was not of interest to me. Now, I see it as a platform for ignorance.

My dollars will no longer go to support that voice.

You may wish to alter the teams that you so strongly support - as I know there are a number of game hunters on the Eskimo's - some of them great hunters, who give back to their community, and show respect for our wild spaces. It would be terrible for you to have to promote those that you hate.

I think an apology to this countries sportsmen is not only warranted, but demanded. You are welcome to not pursue hunting if it does not fit with your personal ethics. We respect that. In this case however you went after those who can and do welcome hunting as a part of their lives and we will not stand to be compared to a criminal like Michael Vick simply because you are ill informed.

Regards,

Greg Scratchley
Alberta Hunter

Old 08-11-2009, 10:38 AM

Well said. I bet the hunters on the Eskimos roster were not impressed.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:39 AM

I emailed him also. His comments were not appropriate, and certainly uninformed. He is so arrogant...that I doubt that he'll apologize or back-pedal...he may just rant more!
Old 08-11-2009, 10:54 AM

That comment proved how much of an A1 d-bag he really is......i cant stand his daily sports commentary with it's constant TR plugs. Letter sent...
Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM

Sent an e-mail to the program director as well, recommending someone in authority speak to him about the e-mails he's receiving, after insulting many of CHED's listeners (and advertisers) who also happen to be avid Alberta hunters.
See what if anything happens
RBH
Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM

while i do disagree with his comments on hunters..and while i am disgusted at what vick did....i do believe that vick has paid his price (as it was set out by the system blah blah blah) and i am also surprised that no one has signed him.

i will always hate him for what he did....i was not a fan in the first place and never will be...however i do believe in paying for your crimes and then moving on...
Old 08-11-2009, 01:43 PM

I have given the CFSC to many of the Eskimos and Oilers. Sold a few rifles to them too.....

Included in that, I have given the CFSC testing to two Premiers and a former Edmonton mayor.

I doubt those people would be impressed with Hall's comments either.

I don't think Mr. Hall realized what he was saying and to whom the comments affected.

Just plain stupid.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:49 PM

If 630 Ched was serious about improving their ratings Brian Hall would have been unemployed years ago.

- I don't listen to the blowhard and I avoid eating @ Tony Roma's because he's their front man. It's been that way for YEARS.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ View Post
If 630 Ched was serious about improving their ratings Brian Hall would have been unemployed years ago.

- I don't listen to the blowhard and I avoid eating @ Tony Roma's because he's their front man. It's been that way for YEARS.
"the best tastin' ribs in North America......you know where I mean....TR's....Tony Roma's,,,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

If I hear Hall gush over that place again Im gonna get sick........

Im with ya russ.....he should have been gone a long time ago.
Old 08-11-2009, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post
"the best tastin' ribs in North America......you know where I mean....TR's....Tony Roma's,,,,,,MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM"

If I hear Hall gush over that place again Im gonna get sick........

Im with ya russ.....he should have been gone a long time ago.
I'm with ya on that too, Russ and Randy. Last time we ate there, my wife did get sick....food poisoning.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:03 PM

Wait, Terrestrial radio still exists?

Seriously, radio everywhere is going down the tubes, I think radio programmers have more or less given up at this point, there is a huge shift of radio stations switching to "Jack" type programming to try and combat satellite radio and the iPod era, and it's simply not working.

I would be surprised if CHED is even around in 3 more years, I think they are just riding it out, that said, from the quotes put up here I would agree that he sounds like an ignorant old fart.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:24 PM

Is he still on the radio??
Thank goodness I moved away!

I distinctly remember listening to the sports news, and with all the humming and hawing, pauses, and stupid comments (Whadda I tell ya, etc.), after wasting more than 5 minutes listening to him, I still didn't know who won or lost, as the scores were buried in and amongst all the other banter, and I could not remember them.

My .02
Hawkeye
Old 08-11-2009, 04:51 PM

Default Brian Hall

Anyone that has to listen or wishes to listen to Brian Hall is one very poor person He must not have a friend on the face of the planet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry just my opinion, but he is a sure cure for when you are bunged up.

Ken.

Love to Live, Live to Shoot
Live by the Gun...Die by the Gun...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:50 PM
Gone Hunting

Mountain.................................mole hill!

Archery Sept. 1 - Oct. 31 Muzzleloader and Crossbow Oct. 1 - Oct. 31 Rifle Nov. 25 - Nov. 30

...And HIS kingdom shall have no end...
Old 08-11-2009, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffy4 View Post
Mountain.................................mole hill!
shut.................up!

hallsy is a old wind bag and the most annoying part of global news in the morning.... he just goes on and on. and if im trying to find some sports scores and hes on , the radio usually goes to cd.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:17 PM

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake side View Post
Maybee all of us hunters/football fans should email the old man with some insight. (Possibly the managment and sales depts too)
Hallsy@630ched.com
Thanks for the E-mail address! I just asked him were he thinks Tony Romas get its ribs. The uniformed are really high and mighty some times.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheClash View Post
while i do disagree with his comments on hunters..and while i am disgusted at what vick did....i do believe that vick has paid his price (as it was set out by the system blah blah blah) and i am also surprised that no one has signed him.

i will always hate him for what he did....i was not a fan in the first place and never will be...however i do believe in paying for your crimes and then moving on...
Well said, I hearby plagerize everything you just stated, wait , I'll just agree.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:59 AM

Scratch, x2 . Well said.
Old 08-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake side View Post
Hallsy@630ched.com
Thanks for the link.

Done.
"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."

Henry David Thoreau

"And we'll drink but not to forget
But to remember instead
All our happy years."

- Lowest of the Low, Subversives
Old 08-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by super7mag View Post
Scratch, x2 . Well said.
Thanks for that...

Over the last week hunters in this country have had great opportunities to provide our message to the public. I've done my best, sadly, much of the interviews that I've done in the last week (4+) have hit the cutting room floor with only 'story related' sound bites making it to air.

That said - those sound bites were good - and positive to our message, so I'm not disappointed.

Then BH says things like this - which serve only to unravel the work we've done. Followed up of course by the sensational remarks by a convicted poacher, trying to deflect blame...

I for one am very sad that outdoors training is no longer part of our school curriculum.

If we stand down on these issues, and don't publicly combat the negative press sent our way, the PETA's of the world will continue to grow foothold.

A perfect example is the statistic used by the Cad. Humane Society that only 5% of Canadians support recreational hunting, and 95% support wildlife protection. Twisting statistics and well worded questions will net you any stat you like. The uninformed public however will swallow any of the BS they are fed regardless of the source. If it's a Brian Hall or a Jack Layton - so much more so.

We need to not only be vocal online, but active in supporting TU, DU, AFGA, (as you see fit) local fish and game organizations, buy our licenses early, and actively participate in the outdoors, and outdoors conservation if we are to create a positive mark on our society.

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 PM

Im curious if anyone has recieved any reply from CHED yet?
Old 08-13-2009, 04:03 PM

I haven't. Sent my email to both Hall and the program director.