Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-20-2022, 09:07 PM

Checked my inventory, I have enough to keep me going to the range for a couple yrs, (maybe 10 trips a year). I can double that if I switch to reloading for shotguns. Sorry I forgot, add on another couple yrs for 22LR. I may be good till the panic is over.
Old 01-21-2022, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sashi View Post
Checked my inventory, I have enough to keep me going to the range for a couple yrs, (maybe 10 trips a year). I can double that if I switch to reloading for shotguns. Sorry I forgot, add on another couple yrs for 22LR. I may be good till the panic is over.
Ditto here. I have 4 or 5 years worth of reloading supplies in stock for the dozen cartridges I reload. When I find stuff in stock I buy lots, prices are not going down. Now I just need to stop buying guns that take components that I don't have...
Old 01-21-2022, 09:38 AM

One of my favourite local shops had one of my preferred powders in stock.
They'd only sell me 3 pounds which is about 1/2 a year's supply for me.

The guy said they'd rather have a whole bunch of customers kind of happy than a few customers really happy. Can't say I disagree.

IMO, some of the manufactures aren't helping the situation.
Quote:
The max order quantity of any powder SKU is 5 and we will only accept one order, per customer, per calendar month with a maximum weight of 48lbs.
IMO, letting someone buy five 8 pound jugs a month just encourages panic buying. It's kind of like the toilet paper situation.
Old 01-22-2022, 09:00 PM

When I first got into reloading there was a pretty big shortage, I can't remember the exact year but began buying the common powders whenever I saw them. Also have picked up a ton of primers and bullets over the years so unless a new caliber/chambering requiring different components comes into the fold I have enough for years. Last year or two it's basically been rounding out stock on some of the powders I had minimal reserves on and getting a ton of bullets for my upcoming 6.5 PRC.
Old 01-22-2022, 10:41 PM
AO Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
Phoned a retailer today his Ad said they had CCI 450 primers. Ahhh nope sorry won't get anything till June at the earliest. Wish folks would up date there ads from time to time.
192 boxes:
https://store.prophetriver.com/cci-s...50-100ct-0017/
Old 01-23-2022, 03:47 PM

Default Possible source for components and ammo

A site to keep watch on if you are looking for components and ammunition is Extreme Range Outfitters they are located in Saskatchewan and have a ongoing weekly auction. Lots of the stock looks to be coming from estates and from old widows cleaning out their husbands gun room.
Old 01-23-2022, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slicktrick View Post
A site to keep watch on if you are looking for components and ammunition is Extreme Range Outfitters they are located in Saskatchewan and have a ongoing weekly auction. Lots of the stock looks to be coming from estates and from old widows cleaning out their husbands gun room.
Some of those powder bids.

Thomas Sowell
Old 01-23-2022, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
Some of those powder bids.
Not only the powder. I've been contemplating building my own reloading setup.(Currently use the Inlaws) The prices on the trimmer, weight, and press are basically what I could buy them new if you include the shipping.
“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.” John Stuart Mill
Old 01-26-2022, 02:05 PM

Default Cabelas

If you put your order in at Cabelas online, you have to prepay, but you get your order when it comes in, and since it’s prepaid, you are first in line. They call you to come n get it. Easy peasy that way.
Old 01-26-2022, 06:41 PM

I have some. But not nearly enough
Powder 44 gallons (yes that’s correct)
Primers not so much. Miss appropriated those. Need more. Can’t believe the cost since i last bought them.
Old 01-26-2022, 07:41 PM

Got my gun license in 2016 when I turned 18. It’s been in a shortage since the day I got it.
Old 01-26-2022, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilt134 View Post
Got my gun license in 2016 when I turned 18. It’s been in a shortage since the day I got it.
Damn, you missed the days where our dollar was better than the usd too. Lol