Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-30-2007, 03:05 PM

Default Bear hunting

Anyone know where I may be able to fill a supp. tag for a blackie, preferably within a reasonable drive of Calgary. Private or public land, I'll beg permission if need be, I just hate to see a perfectly good tag go to waste. Almost finished the last of my spring bear, and never eaten fall bear, so Im dying to get one for the freezer. Spent the day around Swan lake near Caroline yesterday, but only saw whitetail does and one pile of bear crap. I'll even go for a weekend trip if its in a Sunday hunting zone, and theres good odds that a guy might bag one. Any info would greatly help. Thanks guys, Islander
Old 09-30-2007, 06:14 PM

Just spent a week in the poc's...south of Calgary. Lots of Bears..lots of sign. Stalked to within 10-20 yds of multiple bears...want to fill a tag..go there. Didn't buy a tag. Not my focus...elk was my goal!!!

Bernie
Old 09-30-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Kicking myself

Unfortunately, this being my first year hunting in Alberta, I goofed and used my general tag on a spring bear near Grande Prairie.... not realizing how the supp. tag deal works. So now, I have a supp. tag thats only good a bit north of Calgary. So as far as the south goes, I'm SOL. However, I just got off the phone with my buddy in GP, and he said they've seen a big cinnamon bear, 5 times in the last couple weeks. I'm sure he's not the only one around, so I think this calls for a road trip.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:58 PM

Hey nshunter, thanks for your reply, but I was wondering if you could tell me where the pocs are, for future reference?
Old 09-30-2007, 10:48 PM

Default bears

I waz out by swan on sat i momma and acub lots of deer and no elk once again
Old 10-01-2007, 04:34 PM

Hey Islander,

It was a oops..it's actually the "porcs" Porcupine Hills. Highway 22 South to the 520. Lots of bears.