Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 01-06-2015, 09:33 AM

Smile Central Alberta Fur Pick Up Schedule to Westlock

Hey Guy's here is the fur pick up schedule for fur delivery to Westlock.
You must be a member of the A.T.A. for the free delivery service.

ALBERTA TRAPPERS FUR PICK UP SCHEDULE – SAT, JAN 17TH
Delivered directly to ATA Depot, Westlock in time for NAFA Sale (May)

ATA Delivery Crew: Roger Marcil 403-348-6427 / Gary Godberson 780-514-0494

1st Stop: Alix Gas Station (Hwy 12) 8:00 am to 8:30 am
2nd Stop: Lacombe Co-Op Gas Station (Hwy 2A) 9:30 am to 10:00 am
3rd Stop: Rimbey – Canalta Hotel 11:00 am to 11:30 am
4th Stop: Drayton Valley – Tim Hortons 12:30 pm to 1:00 pm

Shipping Instructions: Seal Fur with Cable Ties etc., With your Name on Outside
Name, Trapping License #, Phone # on inside of bag/box. If registering fur, put a tag through eye hole showing date caught, how harvested (snare, trap etc), male/female
*All Fur Receipts will be mailed from ATA directly to shipper
*If you can’t meet at time/place provided on Jan 17th, contact Roger or Gary for other arrangements prior to the 17th
* The Alberta Trappers Assoc. makes significant revenue from fur shipped though the Westlock facility. Please support your association.
Old 01-06-2015, 09:39 AM

Scents,

Isn't the January 19th last receiving date for the March 28 - April 3 NAFA Sale? You have it posted as a May sale.
Old 01-06-2015, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scents View Post
* The Alberta Trappers Assoc. makes significant revenue from fur shipped though the Westlock facility. Please support your association.
Something to keep in mind.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:59 PM

Yes you are correct, Uke Hunter good catch, it should have read March 28 sale, not May
Tks
Old 01-06-2015, 05:55 PM

To bad they don't come further east like Wainwright or Provost.
Old 01-06-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Rat View Post
To bad they don't come further east like Wainwright or Provost.
X2 Lloydminster
Old 01-11-2015, 10:04 PM

Do I need a NAFA account number to do this the first time or a ATA membership? Like I said first time sending fur to market, don't have a lot but want it sent.

Thanks for the help.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB1 View Post
Do I need a NAFA account number to do this the first time or a ATA membership? Like I said first time sending fur to market, don't have a lot but want it sent.

Thanks for the help.
Last year I took my first ever batch of fur into the ATA in Westlock and the process was very easy, but you can open an account online right on the NAFA site. It took a bit to get my password and account number though. Otherwise, I could have done everything right at the ATA and they would just deduct my membership fee right from my NAFA account once I had sold some fur.

You don't have to purchase an ATA membership but IMO it is very worthwhile to purchase one to support trapping in Alberta. It's very inexpensive so why not?

If you plan on shipping a significant amount of fur in the future, it may benefit you to also join the NAFA Wild Fur Shippers Council. It's $100 for a 5 year membership and you get a discount on commission fees as well as a dividend from the NAFA auctions.

http://www.nafa.ca/wild-fur/shippers-council

For now, I'd just start the online process of opening a NAFA account here:

https://www.nafa.ca/page.asp?reg/register.asp

If you get confused, just call them in Winnipeg and they can do everything over the phone.
Old 01-11-2015, 10:49 PM

Thanks again Dave.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:41 AM

For the guys who drop off at Halfords. I called there this morning and they haven't changed their date yet. The person who takes care of the furs was not there today though. I'm going to check with her tomorrow.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TFNG View Post
For the guys who drop off at Halfords. I called there this morning and they haven't changed their date yet. The person who takes care of the furs was not there today though. I'm going to check with her tomorrow.
They just told me to call back at 10:30 and they will know. I will keep you guys posted on what they say
Old 01-12-2015, 04:05 PM

My Brother dropped some Yotes off at Halfords at around 2:30 and they had not heard any news about changing receiving dates.

The guy also said that their shipper messed up and held the furs too long beck in December, so our first batch of Coyotes most likely will Not make it into the January auction. That really sucks! Not sure how many other people that affects.

Even though my brother works close enough to Halfords to drop of furs during his coffee break, we might have to start making the drive to Westlock.
Old 01-12-2015, 04:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GStyler View Post
My Brother dropped some Yotes off at Halfords at around 2:30 and they had not heard any news about changing receiving dates.

The guy also said that their shipper messed up and held the furs too long beck in December, so our first batch of Coyotes most likely will Not make it into the January auction. That really sucks! Not sure how many other people that affects.

Even though my brother works close enough to Halfords to drop of furs during his coffee break, we might have to start making the drive to Westlock.
WHAT!? That explains why my coyotes haven't shown up on my account at Nafa yet! I'm not impressed with that. I will have to do some digging and see if what you say is true.

I had checked my account last night and there was nothing but I just checked and all pelts are accounted for. I'm calm again lol

Last edited by Tfng; 01-12-2015 at 05:02 PM. Reason: It's not true in my case
Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 PM

Any idea if there will be a fur pick up for the April 20, 2015 "Last receiving" date. Just hoping to get a response tonight without phoning this late.

Thanks