Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Trapping Discussion

Old 04-15-2015, 01:32 AM

Default Trappers Cabin in WMU 318

Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone has any contact information for the trapper that has his trapping cabin across from Deer Creek in WMU 318, I wanted to do some hunting and possibly put in some tree stands in the area but I don't want to interrupt his trap line. I know how hard trap lines are to attain and how frustrating it can be when people don't respect them. I am looking to get in contact with him to avoid any frustration on his part and see if he would mind me putting some stands up in areas that I have found around there. The cabin appears to be locked up but I did leave a note for him on his gate but haven't heard back. I would really like to speak with him as I do not want to encroach on his line, and secondly its a lot of work for him to potentially just tear down if he feels that I'm not respecting his trap line. Any information would be great, Thanks guys.

Best Regards,

J_flyer
Old 04-15-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_flyer View Post
Hi Guys,

I am wondering if anyone has any contact information for the trapper that has his trapping cabin across from Deer Creek in WMU 318, I wanted to do some hunting and possibly put in some tree stands in the area but I don't want to interrupt his trap line. I know how hard trap lines are to attain and how frustrating it can be when people don't respect them. I am looking to get in contact with him to avoid any frustration on his part and see if he would mind me putting some stands up in areas that I have found around there. The cabin appears to be locked up but I did leave a note for him on his gate but haven't heard back. I would really like to speak with him as I do not want to encroach on his line, and secondly its a lot of work for him to potentially just tear down if he feels that I'm not respecting his trap line. Any information would be great, Thanks guys.

Best Regards,

J_flyer
His Trapline has nothing to do with you hunting there. Respect his trails if you are using them and you won't have any problems. I have bear baits and stands all over my line from other hunters and in the fall it gets lots of elk hunters running around. He can only start trapping marten/Fisher in November anyway so depending on your timing you may never see him. If you stay away from his stuff he will likely do the same for you.
Now if you're trying to hunt wolves on his line while he's got snares and leg holds on his trails you may have an unhappy person to deal with and since you're technically not supposed to be using his trails you would be in the wrong.

Sorry I can't help you with who the cabin owner is.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:50 PM

I agree with Torkdiesel, respect the area and you should be fine. Kudos for at least wanting to check with him. If you still want to then contact fish and wildlife. Give them the exact location and they will pass your contact info along to the trapper.