Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1021  
Old 02-18-2023, 08:22 AM
JBE JBE is offline
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 731
Default

He should have had McDavid pass him the puck at center ice.
Reply With Quote
  #1022  
Old 02-18-2023, 08:26 AM
Trochu's Avatar
Trochu Trochu is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 7,651
Default

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230217_230021_Samsung Internet.jpg (14.3 KB, 90 views)
Reply With Quote
  #1023  
Old 02-18-2023, 08:30 AM
sns2's Avatar
sns2 sns2 is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: My House
Posts: 13,462
Default

Both Alberta teams have had really tough losses this week. Damn.
Reply With Quote
  #1024  
Old 02-18-2023, 10:55 AM
ClutchCanadian4's Avatar
ClutchCanadian4 ClutchCanadian4 is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: Beautiful Northern Alberta
Posts: 193
Default

Ah yes the $5m gm sense down 2 players instead of trading the 13 who looks like a new born deer on the ice, in turn forcing his team to play short handed. Cap Management...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #1025  
Old 02-18-2023, 11:47 AM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
Seen that a couple days ago. Had to laugh
Reply With Quote
  #1026  
Old 02-18-2023, 11:48 AM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Oh nvm that’s a different one…… “slap shot” lol
Reply With Quote
  #1027  
Old 02-18-2023, 01:18 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClutchCanadian4 View Post
Ah yes the $5m gm sense down 2 players instead of trading the 13 who looks like a new born deer on the ice, in turn forcing his team to play short handed. Cap Management...

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
That Gm who Oiler fans thought was the saviour left the Redwings in shambles.
His good years with Detroit were during the non cap era. When the cap came in he sucked.
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #1028  
Old 02-18-2023, 01:19 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBE View Post
He should have had McDavid pass him the puck at center ice.
There ya go lol
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #1029  
Old 02-19-2023, 03:55 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Swear word!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #1030  
Old 02-19-2023, 03:57 PM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #1031  
Old 02-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Gonna catch Calgary in Bettman points. Sakes!
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 02-19-2023, 04:10 PM
Penner's Avatar
Penner Penner is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Edmonton
Posts: 2,108
Default

Did the Oilers d-fence forget that body checking is actually allowed in hockey?

Boys score but if you can’t defend you can’t win.
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 02-19-2023, 04:13 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,238
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Gonna catch Calgary in Bettman points. Sakes!
That's some pretty high expectation Moose, it takes a special kind of team to lose a dozen in OT.
__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 02-19-2023, 05:06 PM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Looks about right. I guess the flu has spread thru the locker room pretty hard
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 02-19-2023, 05:19 PM
Hurtin Albertin Hurtin Albertin is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 10
Default Decades of Darkness

Over the last 16 seasons the Oilers have failed to make the playoffs 13 times! To put it another way, the Oilers have made the playoffs exactly 3 times in 16 years (play in round doesn't count, although they lost that anyway).

This is with 4 1st OVERALLS in 6 years! That's 1/5th of the 1st Overalls in the last 20 years!

There is only 1 player on this team who was alive when they last won the cup (Deryk Ryan)!

Leon Draisaitl has 81 points this season and is somehow a -2!

Connor McDavid has 101 points this season and is a paltry +4!

Connor McDavid has 798 points to date in his NHL career, however his +/- is only +96. That means with 798 points he has been on the ice for 702 goals against!

Darnell Nurse is paid $9.25MIL a season for the next 7 years. For a total of $74,000,000.00 Million Dollars!

970 jerseys have been thrown on the ice by fans since 2007.

Bobby Nicks Burger cost $20 in 2016, only 99 have ever been sold to date.

The team has had 10 Head Coaches in a 20 year span!

I really hope they go far and win the Cup this year otherwise the trade requests may start and we'll be back to being the Cleveland Browns of the NHL again.


Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 02-19-2023, 05:21 PM
jstubbs jstubbs is online now
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Parkland County
Posts: 2,380
Default

I guess if you're going to lose four straight games, losing three of them outside regulation is somewhat preferable!
__________________
And unlike the clock on the wall at your momma house, I do not have time to hang.
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 02-19-2023, 06:56 PM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,238
Default

Just waiting for the rebuild to finish so they can win another cup. I was sure Nail Yakupov was going to be the One.

__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 02-19-2023, 07:08 PM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck View Post
Just waiting for the rebuild to finish so they can win another cup. I was sure Nail Yakupov was going to be the One.

Or We could go Calgarys route to collapse and get rid Mcdavid and Drai for 2 pylons and a 14th round pick in 2028.
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 02-19-2023, 11:07 PM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Or We could go Calgarys route to collapse and get rid Mcdavid and Drai for 2 pylons and a 14th round pick in 2028.
Huberwho?
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #1040  
Old 02-20-2023, 06:52 AM
waldedw's Avatar
waldedw waldedw is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Lloydminster
Posts: 4,503
Default

The way it's going we will have teams come in and lay down for the 1st period and let the Oil get up 3 - 0 then take it to them

As far as retooling for a stanley cup, well the last Canadian team to win a cup was 30 years ago, I'm not holding my breath
__________________
The problem we have today is that the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Reply With Quote
  #1041  
Old 02-20-2023, 07:20 AM
Talking moose's Avatar
Talking moose Talking moose is online now
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: McBride/Prince George
Posts: 14,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
The way it's going we will have teams come in and lay down for the 1st period and let the Oil get up 3 - 0 then take it to them

As far as retooling for a stanley cup, well the last Canadian team to win a cup was 30 years ago, I'm not holding my breath
Which is baffling.
The first half of the year all our games were come from behind wins.
We didn’t even wake up until the second. And sometimes the third even.
Reply With Quote
  #1042  
Old 02-20-2023, 08:41 AM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
The way it's going we will have teams come in and lay down for the 1st period and let the Oil get up 3 - 0 then take it to them

As far as retooling for a stanley cup, well the last Canadian team to win a cup was 30 years ago, I'm not holding my breath
My exwife’s cousin is Kevin Prendergast. Depending on how well you know your Oilers you may have heard of him….

Anyway, when I picked his brain the odd time, I learned that when the public accuses an Oilers GM of sitting on his hands when it comes to making deals, the harsh reality is players don’t want to play here.

We only got Kane because other teams weren’t willing to take the chance on him and he had nowhere else to go plus a bankruptcy to take care of. Kane would have played in Europe if he had to considering his personal financial mess. We were lucky on that one.

Retooling is not easy especially when the team in need is in Edmonton…
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.

Last edited by 1899b; 02-20-2023 at 08:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #1043  
Old 02-20-2023, 09:50 AM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,238
Default

So what you're saying is, there is a chance that Edmonton sucks?

Huh. I would have never thought that.
__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #1044  
Old 02-20-2023, 10:04 AM
heretohunt's Avatar
heretohunt heretohunt is offline
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
My exwife’s cousin is Kevin Prendergast. Depending on how well you know your Oilers you may have heard of him….

Anyway, when I picked his brain the odd time, I learned that when the public accuses an Oilers GM of sitting on his hands when it comes to making deals, the harsh reality is players don’t want to play here.

We only got Kane because other teams weren’t willing to take the chance on him and he had nowhere else to go plus a bankruptcy to take care of. Kane would have played in Europe if he had to considering his personal financial mess. We were lucky on that one.

Retooling is not easy especially when the team in need is in Edmonton…
The fact is that most Canadian teams are at a huge disadvantage, and all of them are at at least a slight disadvantage. Players don’t want to play in Canada for a few reasons. Cost-of-living and taxes are a big issue. Covid restrictions and travelling are brutal for them in comparison. most cities with NHL teams are government towns, and that will always be an issue. The fans are rough on them, some live and die by the team. Often very negative.(it’s my assumption that Edmonton may be the worst.) Let’s face it if you’re young and have lots of money there are a lot better places to live. Most of them have second homes in other places not in Canada.
Reply With Quote
  #1045  
Old 02-20-2023, 10:26 AM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
The fact is that most Canadian teams are at a huge disadvantage, and all of them are at at least a slight disadvantage. Players don’t want to play in Canada for a few reasons. Cost-of-living and taxes are a big issue. Covid restrictions and travelling are brutal for them in comparison. most cities with NHL teams are government towns, and that will always be an issue. The fans are rough on them, some live and die by the team. Often very negative.(it’s my assumption that Edmonton may be the worst.) Let’s face it if you’re young and have lots of money there are a lot better places to live. Most of them have second homes in other places not in Canada.
All good points for sure. Keep in mind though, the Leafs just landed the third Captain from another team in three straight years.

Alot of times its still just an Edmonton thing...
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #1046  
Old 02-20-2023, 10:49 AM
bessiedog's Avatar
bessiedog bessiedog is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 8,372
Default

The real ‘window for Stanley’ is next year and the year after.

Cap space will be there. Hopefully the ‘Edm rep’ will be able to be overcome by the chance to play with this core… and maybe the Ice District……

We may be able to do some damage this post season…. But our D needs to mature one more year AND we need another good lunchbox stay at home D.

Our forwards should mature enough to continue our +13 without McDavid and the German on the ice.

Tis the long game…
__________________
"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.”
-HDT
"A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends on the character of the user." T. Roosevelt
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Reply With Quote
  #1047  
Old 02-20-2023, 11:02 AM
jungleboy's Avatar
jungleboy jungleboy is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Stony Plain
Posts: 6,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
The real ‘window for Stanley’ is next year and the year after.

Cap space will be there. Hopefully the ‘Edm rep’ will be able to be overcome by the chance to play with this core… and maybe the Ice District……

We may be able to do some damage this post season…. But our D needs to mature one more year AND we need another good lunchbox stay at home D.

Our forwards should mature enough to continue our +13 without McDavid and the German on the ice.

Tis the long game…

Haha it has been a lonnng game that’s true
Reply With Quote
  #1048  
Old 02-20-2023, 11:10 AM
Twisted Canuck's Avatar
Twisted Canuck Twisted Canuck is online now
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: GP AB
Posts: 16,238
Default

Are we there yet?

__________________
'Once the monkeys learn they can vote themselves a banana, they'll never climb another tree.'. Robert Heinlein

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Reply With Quote
  #1049  
Old 02-20-2023, 11:10 AM
MountainTi's Avatar
MountainTi MountainTi is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Caroline
Posts: 7,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post

Retooling is not easy especially when the team in need is in Edmonton…
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
Alot of times its still just an Edmonton thing...
You live there don't you? Is it really that bad?
__________________
Two reasons you may think CO2 is a pollutant
1.You weren't paying attention in grade 5
2. You're stupid
Reply With Quote
  #1050  
Old 02-20-2023, 11:30 AM
1899b's Avatar
1899b 1899b is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sherwood Park Ab
Posts: 6,280
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
You live there don't you? Is it really that bad?
From an NHL players perspective? Probably sucks hard. I saw Dean Mcammond try to buy skates for a girl he was with at sport chek once. Lol poor guy tried to go out in public like a regular human. Lol


From a regular joe’s perspective?? Well I’m down the road in an easterly direction. When I do go there the one bitch I have are the garbage roads. The roads in Turkey today are probably still better than Edmonton’s…
__________________
An awful lot of big game was killed with the .30-06 including the big bears before everyone became affluent enough to own a rifle for every species of game they might hunt.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.