Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 10-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Banned

Default Mossberg 930?

With my wife taking up hunting I now need another shotgun in the safe. My Wingmaster has given me lots of years of service and I just might get another one but I cant help but wonder if their actualy worth the $700 price tag. The Browning BPS was another option but I've heard that they can be tough to field strip. In my research I came accross the Mossberg 930, I've never been much impressed with their pump guns but according to most of the reviews I've been able to find these are pretty good guns and the price is pretty tough to beat. Just wondering if anyone on here has one and how they like it. Is it an option worth looking into or should I just go with another Wingmaster? Any other good options in this price range?
Old 10-22-2012, 09:35 PM

Are you looking for a pump gun in the 500-600 range? Benelli nova pump. I have the 20 gauge and I love it. I can strip and clean it in less than 10
Old 10-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Banned

i love mine! super cheap, has never jammed, fits me like a dream, and has the fiber optic sight.

and everyone else hates it! (ported barrel)
Old 10-23-2012, 08:17 PM

I've had mine for 3 seasons now, glad that i got it. Both of my daughters have used it and love it. Giving it to my wife as I picked up another shottie from a member.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownTrout View Post
Are you looking for a pump gun in the 500-600 range? Benelli nova pump. I have the 20 gauge and I love it. I can strip and clean it in less than 10
Looking for good options, regardless of action, that dont cost more than a Remingon Wingmaster. Thanks for the replys, the Benelli always looked a little too "starwars" for my taste, I dont think I could hunt with it and keep a straight face. Thats probably a dumb reason for not concidering one but I just cant do it.