Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 11-14-2017, 11:55 AM

Default Ice report suggestion

What about starting a new thread every two weeks or monthly so that it's quicker to find current reports? I know it's possible to jump to last page of a thread as well, just a thought.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchpirate View Post
What about starting a new thread every two weeks or monthly so that it's quicker to find current reports? I know it's possible to jump to last page of a thread as well, just a thought.
The ideal one would be a pinned list of lakes listed alphabetically and one could click on and get the latest ice conditions.

But that takes real work to maintain so I prefer the single 2017/2018 thread started by CPT_420. Did you know you can click on that thread and then search within? Try opening it and search for "Wabamun" and it will show all threads with Wabamun in reverse date order (newest to oldest). Doesn't that give you what you are asking for?

For Tapatalk...well...I only wee a forum wide search so if you are using that... no wonder
Old 11-14-2017, 05:56 PM

Look at the pages in reverse order or search for the lake you want.

I don't trust the reports on here or ifish anyways and recommend that others also do not. Seen way too many instances of ice being multiple inches up to half a foot off what has been claimed on here either because guys don't know how to measure, guess, don't take into account ice quality or were fishing a different area on the lake.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
The ideal one would be a pinned list of lakes listed alphabetically and one could click on and get the latest ice conditions.

But that takes real work to maintain so I prefer the single 2017/2018 thread started by CPT_420. Did you know you can click on that thread and then search within? Try opening it and search for "Wabamun" and it will show all threads with Wabamun in reverse date order (newest to oldest). Doesn't that give you what you are asking for?

For Tapatalk...well...I only wee a forum wide search so if you are using that... no wonder
Did not know about thread search, great tip, thanks!