Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 03-09-2012, 11:20 AM

Default Spring Fishing Trip

So as you can tell from my name I am new to this so I am looking for some help and some tips.

My buddies and I decided to try our hand at planning a spring fishing trip this year. The problem is I don't have a clue where to start with planning something like this.
We are looking at a 3-4 day trip somewhere local. (within a 3-4 hour drive) We would like to get some cheap accomidations like cabins or something to that affect. Don't have to be fancy just reasonably priced. No one in the group is picky.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as far as destinations, accomidations, and any tips on planning a trip for the first time.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:31 AM

Waterton and area. You would have rivers, streams or lakes to choose from. Accommodations from tents to nice hotels and everything in between.
Species choice would be vast and type of angling would suit flyfishing or chucking spoons etc. Scenery is second to none. Something for everyone in your group.
Old 03-09-2012, 11:36 AM

Hard core fishing trip after a particular species, or a "get away from the girls, smoke and drink our faces off, don't forget to bring the cards, and oh yeah, fishing rods" trip?
Old 03-09-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Hard core fishing trip after a particular species, or a "get away from the girls, smoke and drink our faces off, don't forget to bring the cards, and oh yeah, fishing rods" trip?

lol!! good one.

orv.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okotokian View Post
Hahaha definitely not looking for anything in particular species wise. For our first fishing trip I think it's more about getting away from the ladies and having a few beers. When we start getting more hardcore and finding good spots then we will get bigger into the BIG fishing trips.