Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 12:24 PM

MSM = people hired to promote the popularity/ideas of their employers.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
I can't disagree. Trump can do nothing right as far as 99% of the media is concerned - no doubt - but he has demonstrated a complete lack of ability to use the media to his advantage - instead he demonized them and made them his enemy.

That's his own fault. How do you expect them to react?
Would you rather he buy the media off with taxpayer dollars like Trudeau does?
Old 06-03-2020, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jungleboy View Post

I can't respect or trust the media period ,They are bought and paid for by the political left .

This is a perfect example …..to say that the media is all funded by the left is simply not true.

There is plenty of the media on the right ….. Fox, Breitbart, the Rebel, Epoch Times, etc.. and they are not "bought and paid for" from anyone on the left - that last statement is simply incorrect.

It is, however, very convenient for many, including Trump, to blame his own blatantly stupid ignorant moves, stupid and ignorant comments and lies on the media.

If anyone doesn't like liberal news (or far right news for that matter) switch the channel and consume what you want to consume. Most of us are intelligent and thoughtful people who consume everything with open eyes and a pragmatic sense of suspicion and draw our own conclusions.

People (and the media) are skewed in both directions.

Trump has successfully polarized this like no other president ever has before.

Trudeau has done the same here as well, albeit, to less of an extent.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Would you rather he buy the media off with taxpayer dollars like Trudeau does?
The funding of the CBC was long before twinkle toes took office.

I don't believe any tax dollars should go to any media.

And, not all media outlets here are pro Trudeau.

The media here in Canada is certainly not as dramatic (or obviously dramatic) when you compare it to the MSNBC or FOX garbage so many consume south if the border as "trusted media" outlets.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:40 PM

Quote:
This is a perfect example …..to say that the media is all funded by the left is simply not true.

There is plenty of the media on the right ….. Fox, Breitbart, the Rebel, Epoch Times, etc.. and they are not "bought and paid for" from anyone on the left - that last statement is simply incorrect.
You're correct.
NON PARTISAN here, but it's astounding how often I read on this forum about our bought and paid for left media. There is a great number doing the same things from the right.
Post Media. How do they lean, how many titles under their direction, What are some of their Canadian Titles? who actually owns them? What country actually owns them?
Sheesh, it's clear now, all of the media sucks and lies, unless of course they are the ones that meet my narrative and the ones that further strengthen preconceived ideas I have. If the pause by Trudeau (he's a turd) is the straw the opposite of the left has to draw, they are really down to bugger all. Quite frankly, that's a lose lose situation in regards to how everyone who is angry about response would respond to any response he'd have given, even if Scheer had written it.

Last edited by Rvsask; 06-03-2020 at 02:51 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 04:13 PM

Quote:

It is, however, very convenient for many, including Trump, to blame his own blatantly stupid ignorant moves, stupid and ignorant comments and lies on the media.

If anyone doesn't like liberal news (or far right news for that matter) switch the channel and consume what you want to consume. Most of us are intelligent and thoughtful people who consume everything with open eyes and a pragmatic sense of suspicion and draw our own conclusions.

People (and the media) are skewed in both directions.

Trump has successfully polarized this like no other president ever has before.

Trudeau has done the same here as well, albeit, to less of an extent.

You’re right I should have amended my statement To read .I do not respect or trust the mainstream media. They are lazy and all seem to have an agenda.

That said , I do like Joshua Philips of “Crossroads” epoch times. they may be sympathetic towards Trump as you say ,but he presents the uncut videos and whole quotes in his stories and leaves it at that. seems to do a lot more legwork than just forming an opinion and presenting it as fact.
Old 06-03-2020, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporty View Post
I viewed it as him being stumped. His handlers didn't prepare him for that question so he didn't know how to answer.
X2. I wonder if he wears an ear piece for help and people were scrambling to tell him what to say.

Surprised he didn’t somehow blame this on global warming.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 06-03-2020, 08:01 PM

He was Baked, plain and simple. Cryonics can carry themselfs quite well but takes them a while to formulate their thoughts.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOff View Post
He was Baked, plain and simple. Cryonics can carry themselfs quite well but takes them a while to formulate their thoughts.
Good point, dude probably just hauled in half a bag off the volcano before stepping out the door.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:18 PM

Quote:

The majority of "news" the general public tv watcher has access to isn't any of the above. I believe I caught a clip of fox back in the day when Geraldo was a reporter. Heard of the rebel (is it a tv news station?). Others I've never heard of. In Canada, we have CBC, Global, and CTV. All left leaning. Seems most radio stations as well. Even most talk shows nowadays are extreme wingnut left. I gave up watching the news a long time ago because of that.
It sure does seem to be having the desired effect on the masses though. Turning them into sheep
Old 06-03-2020, 08:40 PM

Quote:
The funding of the CBC was long before twinkle toes took office.

I don't believe any tax dollars should go to any media.

And, not all media outlets here are pro Trudeau.

The media here in Canada is certainly not as dramatic (or obviously dramatic) when you compare it to the MSNBC or FOX garbage so many consume south if the border as "trusted media" outlets.
Twinkle toes upped the CBC budget what ? $1.4 BILLION

$ 600,000,000 spread around and a few months before last year’s election.....quite a bit of buying
Old 06-03-2020, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
X2. I wonder if he wears an ear piece for help and people were scrambling to tell him what to say.

Surprised he didn’t somehow blame this on global warming.
or Harper
Old 06-03-2020, 09:17 PM

I wish that he would "pause for dramatic effect" when crossing in front of an oncoming train.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HVA7mm View Post
I wish that he would "pause for dramatic effect" when crossing in front of an oncoming train.
A semi would be just as good.
Old 06-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Quote:
That said , I do like Joshua Philips of “Crossroads” epoch times. they may be sympathetic towards Trump as you say ,but he presents the uncut videos and whole quotes in his stories and leaves it at that.
Just curious, what is it that makes you think they are a viable source? Left leaning stuff is all bad, what makes their right leaning stuff right? Is it simply because they validate ideas and beliefs?

As for them being sypathetic towards Trump, they are the LARGEST spender on Facebook ads promoting trump outside of his campaign itself. That's more than being sympathetic. Lots of good articles out there about the Epoch Times.

I think it is real clear that the only media worth trusting is the one we choose to trust.
I am not saying I believe nothing they present but this is what they are:
Quote:
U.S.-based, Chinese-rooted outlet that “usually straddles the line between an ultraconservative news outlet and a conspiracy warehouse” and has been spending some serious money on Facebook ads — but for Donald Trump
Quote:
It's run by a religious sect that believes judgment day, which sends those they label “communists” to Hell⁠, is 30 years late—and that Trump is making it happen
I personally will not buy most of their stuff, but maybe that is because I have already decided judgement day and hell are laughable myths. That's how preconceived ideas effect our choices.

Last edited by Rvsask; 06-04-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
A semi would be just as good.
You bring the lawn chairs, I will bring the popcorn and beers.
Old 06-04-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
The majority of "news" the general public tv watcher has access to isn't any of the above. I believe I caught a clip of fox back in the day when Geraldo was a reporter. Heard of the rebel (is it a tv news station?). Others I've never heard of. In Canada, we have CBC, Global, and CTV. All left leaning. Seems most radio stations as well. Even most talk shows nowadays are extreme wingnut left. I gave up watching the news a long time ago because of that.
It sure does seem to be having the desired effect on the masses though. Turning them into sheep
I'd say in today's world, all of those above "news sites" are very easily accessed by the masses. In fact, roughly 2/3 of the news people get comes from internet sources (not TV as it once was).

And … I will agree ….. if you blindly consume, you will become a sheep.

This cuts both ways for both the left and the right.

This is not a "blind sheep" issue exclusive to the left - that was my point - there are just as many "blind sheep" consuming the right leaning sources too.
Old 06-04-2020, 11:39 AM

He paused because........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ...................he couldn’t decide between “uh, um duh, er,ah” and his go to move of “it was Steven Harpers” now that’s at least a twenty one second decision for that walnut sized brain!
Old 06-04-2020, 02:23 PM

The only one more thing that was missing in his 21 second pause was him starting to pick his nose....
Old 06-04-2020, 04:43 PM

Even the Americans noticed.

https://www.facebook.com/ThePostMill...2624385625162/
Old 06-04-2020, 05:24 PM

This pause was well thought out and the question was probably planted in the audience. Remember this guy was a drama teacher. The use of the pause in conversation is a known technique. It was to make him look like he actually thought his way through a question. He treats everyone around him as well as the general public like they/we are too mindless to keep up with his vastly superior brain.
He is a racist tyrant who thinks he should be our benevolent dictator.
Old 06-04-2020, 05:31 PM
Banned

The reason for the silence in the pause, not even the typical “uh, um, wa, fff, duh” is because he can’t stutter and listen to what they’re telling him to say in his earpiece at the same time. He truly is a puppet. I bet if you look closely at his pants there’s a hole in the back where they can stick their arm up to make his mouth move.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:55 AM

You people have it all wrong. The reason for the 21 sec pause was he was figuring out what to say, and he blew it. He did not have his telepromter geared up for that question. What a sorry excuse for a person in charge, but we voted him in, I did not, but somebody did, so we have to take the consequences.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
You can polish a turd as long as you want. At the end, it is still a turd.
liberals, like the truedope, are those that believe its possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 06-05-2020, 09:44 AM

It was staged to put himself in the lime light!!!
And the media fell for it and it made world news.
Sad state of affairs when Trudy makes world headlines.
What should be world headlines, is how he avoids all Canada's problems.
Is a racist Hypocrite and never answers a question!!
Old 06-05-2020, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackenzie280 View Post
It was staged to put himself in the lime light!!!
And the media fell for it and it made world news.
Sad state of affairs when Trudy makes world headlines.
What should be world headlines, is how he avoids all Canada's problems.
Is a racist Hypocrite and never answers a question!!
Nah...he just let out a good from the belly fart and was enjoying the aroma of the moment!

BW
Old 06-05-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeOff View Post
He was Baked, plain and simple.
That is the most likely reason for the brain-stall. Seriously.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:55 PM

The answer is simple, he cannot respond to a direct question, nor answer one with any real relation to the said question. Especially if it has any consequences to him or his simpering party.