Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Bet the looters are not taking work boots !
maybe some of them can set up a mail order business and send a couple loads of new cheap workboots up here!

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 06-03-2020, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamic View Post
The common thread of the thread is "What the heck is going on in the States??" I would love to keep it simple and just assume the events of the last several days in the USA is just a recent event but if you look at history long enough you realize most major events are years and years in the making.

That is the stuff that interests me. Sure an black innocent man was killed, but why this particular situation? It has happened before. It will happen again. What ingredients are in play and what does tomorrow bring?
Are you sure? I am reading his arrest record is very lengthy, what were the circumstances leading up to the arrest?

Yes it is a tragedy there was a death, but what caused the leg pin? Everyone jumps on the 'evil cop written up a dozen times' bandwagon, but did the innocent black man shoot or stab or threaten to kill someone? Everyone settles down when the oxygen is cut off.

This site continually preaches that 'the media only lets you see what they want you to see' yet the opinion is sure one sided here.

Why is that?

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-03-2020, 10:13 AM

His record was long. His major he did heaviest time for was knocking on a woman’s door then sticking a gun the woman’s ribs when she answered forcing her back in. He and three friends then had “ fun” after which they ransacked her place before leaving. He had a rap sheet up in MN as well.

Osky
Old 06-03-2020, 10:22 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osky View Post
His record was long. His major he did heaviest time for was knocking on a woman’s door then sticking a gun the woman’s ribs when she answered forcing her back in. He and three friends then had “ fun” after which they ransacked her place before leaving. He had a rap sheet up in MN as well.

Osky
yup...and then throw this into a color game...pot stirred...people protest and the animals come out to take advantage of this...cops too busy at the protest lines and the animals run amuck looting etc....

I saw a fella yesterday in Canada that was setting up a protest...had an area all arranged for a peaceful demonstration but on the news he stated that he will take this on line because he doesn't want people with other intentions to show up....wow...now that a step in the right direction...

don't give these animals the advantage...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 06-03-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
yup...and then throw this into a color game...pot stirred...people protest and the animals come out to take advantage of this...cops too busy at the protest lines and the animals run amuck looting etc....

I saw a fella yesterday in Canada that was setting up a protest...had an area all arranged for a peaceful demonstration but on the news he stated that he will take this on line because he doesn't want people with other intentions to show up....wow...now that a step in the right direction...

don't give these animals the advantage...
So right. i was told by a wise man many years ago that standards should never be lowered and he was correct. What your seeing is the product of declining accountability.
Osky
Old 06-03-2020, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
Are you sure? I am reading his arrest record is very lengthy, what were the circumstances leading up to the arrest?

Yes it is a tragedy there was a death, but what caused the leg pin? Everyone jumps on the 'evil cop written up a dozen times' bandwagon, but did the innocent black man shoot or stab or threaten to kill someone? Everyone settles down when the oxygen is cut off.

This site continually preaches that 'the media only lets you see what they want you to see' yet the opinion is sure one sided here.

Why is that?
He could have slaughtered 100 people or stole a snickers, the perp was handcuffed, not resisting and in custody.
There were 4-5 cops there, the situation was under control. No need to kneel on a guys neck for 8+ minutes after they’ve been apprehended.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoaltender View Post
He could have slaughtered 100 people or stole a snickers, the perp was handcuffed, not resisting and in custody.
There were 4-5 cops there, the situation was under control. No need to kneel on a guys neck for 8+ minutes after they’ve been apprehended.

And the rogue cop is facing murder 2 at this point which was where it was going from the get go. Your point is?

Osky
Old 06-03-2020, 01:58 PM

I dont believe it had to be because he was black. Look at the judgement of Lethbridge police and that little girl in the star wars outfit.
What I don't understand is it a case of people listening and obeying the police and getting killed or are they fighting and not listening or doing what the police tell them to do and getting killed?
Old 06-03-2020, 02:10 PM

Ya I can’t figure out why a knee was on a neck for so long. Today the protesters asked the national guard to take a knee. Maybe give up the knee.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:19 PM

I see these idiots taking a knee and bowing to these protesters and it just makes me cringe. If I was in charge of those officers I would have them out of their and out of a job right now.
Old 06-03-2020, 02:27 PM

Quote:
<——- This X infinity.

I’m totally down with it when cops have to give 9mm perforations to bad guys (or girls) who are posing imminent danger with any manner of weapon, be it a vehicle, a machete or a firearm; this was clearly not the case with Floyd. Cuffed, laid prone and outnumbered, he was no threat.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:02 PM

At least there are a couple of celebrities who have done more than extoll the virtues of their "Wokeness". Rapper Lil Wayne and MMA fighter Jon Jones.

Rapper Lil Wayne on George Floyd's death: (In which he faced the wrath of Twitter)

Lil Wayne has addressed the killing of George Floyd, the Minneapolis man who died with the knee of police officer Derek Chauvin on his neck. In a conversation with Fat Joe on Instagram Live on Friday, Wayne said, “If we want to place the blame on anybody, it should be ourselves for not doing more than what we think we’re doing.”

The controversial remarks came after a conversation about the time a police officer saved Wayne’s life. At the age of 12, the precocious rapper discharged a hand-gun and shot himself in the chest. Robert Hooper, an off-duty cop whom Weezy referred to as “Uncle Bob,” appeared on the scene. He said that, on the way to the hospital, Cooper “sat in the backseat with me and held me in his arms.”

At the conclusion of that story, Fat Joe asked Lil Wayne about the death of George Floyd. Weezy responded by saying,

“I think when we see these situations, I think we also have to understand that we have to get very specific, we have to get so specific. And what I mean by that is we have to stop viewing it with such a broad view, meaning we have to stop placing the blame on the whole force and the whole everybody of a certain race or everybody with a badge. We have to actually get into who that person is. And if we want to place the blame on anybody, it should be ourselves for not doing more than what we think we’re doing.”

Later, Lil Wayne explained why he rarely involved himself in politics. “Some people put a tweet out and they think they did something. Some people wear a shirt and they think they did something. What you gonna do after that? Did you actually help the person? Did you actually help the family? Did you actually go out there and do something? So, if I ain’t about to do all that, then I ain’t about to do nothing. I’ll pray for ya.”

Finally, he suggested that many people expressing outrage haven’t done enough to educate themselves. “What we need to do is we need to learn about it more. If we wanna scream about something, know what we’re screaming about. If we wanna protest about something, know what we’re protesting about. Because if we wanna get into it, there’s a bunch of facts that we think we know that we don’t know. … We scream about things that, sometimes, they really ain’t true.”

And Jon Jones:

On Sunday evening, Jones confronted two masked vandals and demanded them to give up their cans of spray paint.

In the video, Jones repeatedly told the two vandals, ‘gimme the spray can’ before they were handed over. The 32-year-old posted the video of the incident on Instagram along with the caption: ‘Is this s*** even about George Floyd anymore?!? ‘Why the f*** are you punk ass teenagers destroying our cities!??

"As a young black man trust me I’m frustrated as well but this is not the way, we are starting to make a bad situation worse. ‘If you really got love for your city (505), protect your s***. ‘All you old heads need to speak up, call your young family members and tell them to come home tonight."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

Jones was interviewed by the local TV stations the next day as well, saying “when I got out there, there were people with rocks and sticks beating up on buildings, spray painting buildings and at the end of the day, I have a lot of pride in (Albuquerque).”
Then about 24 hours later Jones posted a second video, and series of pictures of himself helping put wooden boards up over shop windows that were destroyed during the riots in downtown Albuquerque. He captioned the post by writing: “Lots of work to do out in the streets today men. If you’re a real one, call your boys and get to work.”
Old 06-03-2020, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glen moa View Post
Ya I can’t figure out why a knee was on a neck for so long. Today the protesters asked the national guard to take a knee. Maybe give up the knee.
I think the police used poor judgement ,just like people who dont listen to police instructions have poor judgement.
Some police need to learn how to deescalate situations. But if you listen to what even the trigger happy ones tell you I dont think you will get killed.
If those cops meant to kill that guy do you think they would have done it in front of everyone?
Old 06-03-2020, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I think the police used poor judgement ,just like people who dont listen to police instructions have poor judgement.
Some police need to learn how to deescalate situations. But if you listen to what even the trigger happy ones tell you I dont think you will get killed.
If those cops meant to kill that guy do you think they would have done it in front of everyone?
I think that's a big part of it. They found Fentynol and meth in the guy. For those who don't know Fentynol is in lay mans terms a happy dream drug. It will put you out and happy sleep. Meth is sort of a super speedball drug. Many take Fent then Meth behind it to get the crazy dream feeling yet stay awake. People will meth up enough to stay on their feet up to three full days before finally collapsing. Once they collapse they can stay totally out for three days as well. Doctors say that once the exhaustion/collapse happens the individual can regress to only two breaths per minute. I'm wondering if the cops thought maybe the guy hit a break point and went out and didn't realize what actually was going on?
As said above the cop was totally wrong in this but it doesn't make sense that he/they would blatantly kill the guy with cameras and people all around in broad daylight.

Osky
Old 06-03-2020, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
Kneeling between a mans shoulder blades is a tactic used to immobilize a suspect during the cuffing process. Kneeling on a mans neck for 8+ minutes who was previously handcuffed and immobilized is causing intentional harm. In this case the harm was death, so a second degree murder charge is brought forward.
Old 06-03-2020, 08:19 PM

I support law enforcement. Support our officers... and a lot of my good friends are police.

None of them would support what happens in this vid.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46qWpv-yFE8

And yes....Vice is a media outlet like any other.

But the part where the guy sprays the journalist...
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 06-03-2020, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Kneeling between a mans shoulder blades is a tactic used to immobilize a suspect during the cuffing process. Kneeling on a mans neck for 8+ minutes who was previously handcuffed and immobilized is causing intentional harm. In this case the harm was death, so a second degree murder charge is brought forward.
Yes. Agreed.

He will be released from service and possibly charged and convicted of manslaughter at the very most after the plea bargain and the Prosecution being unable to show criminal intent. That's my thought anyway.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 06-03-2020, 09:46 PM

Ken, Bessie Dog

I respect and agree with your insite about the things you post.

It's hard to find the words.

I'm in the heart of Virginia the capitol of the southern wave.
I live less than 50 mile of the surrender at Appomaddox by Lee.

And as I see us here in VA and my friends and neybores from day
to day even this morning. Nobody was protesting or destroying.

Me or my neybores.

But yea I do see it on the news and in the cities.

The great devide is between the country and city folk.

Always has been.

Last edited by Bonescreek; 06-03-2020 at 10:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:13 PM

Bones
I left the ‘big city’ long ago. I think I get what your saying.

I’ll never support or excuse looters... ‘I was persecuted therefore I loot..?’

Nope..... not if I can help it

And I’ve actually protected my family and property before, but that’s a fireside with whiskey story.

I’ll never believe that the vast majority of the citizens of the USA are polarized stupid heads.

I’ll always hold the belief that us citizens are a great people with huge hearts.

People need to simmer down... share it,talk it, and get perspective.

There’s no need for violence, regardless of that deep lefties or even righties shout.

Ps ....... on a total unrelated side note, one of my dreams is to road trip the southern state’s.... they are a great people there.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:23 PM

Bessie, the door is open the coffee pots on.
Know that you are welcome anytime at my house.

I had a hard time with words but I think you understand what I wanted
to say.

Thank you.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonescreek View Post
Ken, Bessie Dog

I respect and agree with your insite about the things you post.

It's hard to find the words.

I'm in the heart of Virginia the capitol of the southern wave.
I live less than 50 mile of the surrender at Appomaddox by Lee.

And as I see us here in VA and my friends and neybores from day
to day even this morning. Nobody was protesting or destroying.

Me or my neybores.

But yea I do see it on the news and in the cities.

The great devide is between the country and city folk.

Always has been.

Just like our great country we can't paint all with the same brush...u fortunately we too have rogue animals that simply need to be put down....saves on legal costs and to house these animals.

Old 06-04-2020, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Just like our great country we can't paint all with the same brush...u fortunately we too have rogue animals that simply need to be put down....saves on legal costs and to house these animals.
If we started with ANTIFA, and the other paid protestors, we could greatly reduce our problems.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Not when there is profits to be made. They love housing those “animals”.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/the-...-prison-system
Old 06-04-2020, 07:25 AM

Default Hey.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
If we started with ANTIFA, and the other paid protestors, we could greatly reduce our problems.
Your posts lately have gotten strangely ‘single track’.... your above post has nothing to do with this thread. You seem to do this a lot..... there’s no need.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Ps ....... on a total unrelated side note, one of my dreams is to road trip the southern state’s.... they are a great people there.
Don't put it off! I had the pleasure of working and traveling in many of the southern states (rural areas). Some of the finest, most upstanding, hard-working people I have ever met.

I recall one time, I was on a plane flying in to Little Rock, and one of the passengers had an episode (I'm assuming a substance issue) and almost got into fisticuffs with another passenger while we were landing. It was then I realized that I hadn't heard an f-bomb in weeks of traveling.

I cringe when I hear people up here making disparaging remarks about Alabama etc.

Sorry for the derail...
Old 06-04-2020, 08:09 AM

Unhappy

there are/is good people world wide....our legal system's have just gotten too soft over the past decades and now unfortunately criminals/thugs/rogue animals run amuck with little to no consequences other than a warm cell, three square meals and basically a easier life than the law abiding/tax paying citizens...then the animals are released to the public just to go right back to their lifestyles...it is a true blessing when they take each other out over turf wars etc...sad but true.

Old 06-04-2020, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bessiedog View Post
Your posts lately have gotten strangely ‘single track’.... your above post has nothing to do with this thread. You seem to do this a lot..... there’s no need.
This thread is about the unrest going on in the USA, and the people like ANTIFA that are paid to promote and organize these demonstrations and riots are contributing greatly to the unrest.
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
there are/is good people world wide....our legal system's have just gotten too soft over the past decades and now unfortunately criminals/thugs/rogue animals run amuck with little to no consequences other than a warm cell, three square meals and basically a easier life than the law abiding/tax paying citizens...then the animals are released to the public just to go right back to their lifestyles...it is a true blessing when they take each other out over turf wars etc...sad but true.
You cannot have your cake and eat it too.

-Billy Molls
Old 06-04-2020, 08:13 AM

Default Adding fuel to the fire......

https://abc7news.com/man-killed-by-p...a-gun/6229758/

didn’t even get out of the car .... probably getting charged
Old 06-04-2020, 08:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
This thread is about the unrest going on in the USA, and the people like ANTIFA that are paid to promote and organize these demonstrations and riots are contributing greatly to the unrest.
Who do you think is paying them and why? Be specific please.

Last edited by midgetwaiter; 06-04-2020 at 08:45 AM.