Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Winefred Lake road???

Considering that last spring/summer was a wet one, how was the gravel road heading in to Winefred Lake? How long a drive is it in crappy road conditions vs good conditions. How often is the road graded? Any info on this section of road is welcomed. BEL
Old 04-17-2011, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEL View Post
Considering that last spring/summer was a wet one, how was the gravel road heading in to Winefred Lake? How long a drive is it in crappy road conditions vs good conditions. How often is the road graded? Any info on this section of road is welcomed. BEL
I was there this time last year and the road were uuuugly! It took me 60 minutes from Conklin corn to the lodge in 4x4! I will be in that area this weekend quading and ripin' around. On a good day it's more like 40 minutes. There's a shortcut too which will save you from going all the was to Conklin corner. You may have to Google Earth it as I forgot what the sigh says to take the shortcut...
Old 04-17-2011, 04:20 PM

It's pretty rough right now. The speed limit has been dropped to 70 km/hr and 20 km/hr across the bridges. Lots of traffic right now.