Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-18-2015, 12:09 PM

Thumbs down stupid judge

Khadar can now wander freely.
No more monitoring him with a bracelet either.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/al...034/story.html

Last edited by FishingMOM; 09-18-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:15 PM

Just wow.

But its no real surprise considering a guy goes from being an ambulance chaser held in low regard to the right honorable judge with the stroke of a politicians pen

Who are you going to blame when all the ohv's are gone and the fish are still dieing
Old 09-18-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icatchfish View Post
why you callin the judge stupid? would you like it if I called you stupid.

big meany
It's the politest thing I can come up with to express my feelings on this matter.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:34 PM
Banned

Very biased pro khadr article. I am not impressed.
Old 09-18-2015, 12:37 PM

at least now he can get to his prayers in the morning
Old 09-18-2015, 12:42 PM

Yup, just like that guy that murdered that little girl this week.... They're both murderers and should be treated as such! Who nominated/placed this "judge?"

Quote:
hes a a good kid who just made a mistake. cut him some slack
Old 09-18-2015, 02:46 PM

He does have 676 posts
Lol
Old 09-18-2015, 02:46 PM

Excuse me??

Quote:
sure, send that guy for 10 year to gitmo where he can be anally fed and water boarded, hypothermia tortured and locked in a cage. then bring him back.

at least this was a brain washed 14 yr old who was in an actual war situation. not a 22 year old who went into someones house and killed them, then murdered a 2 year old.

keep on bigotting buddy.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:59 PM

Hell in a hand basket.
The kill is the satisfying, indeed essential, conclusion to a successful hunt. But, I take no pleasure in the act itself. One does not hunt in order to kill, but kills in order to have hunted. Then why do I hunt? I hunt for the same reason my well-fed cat hunts...because I must, because it is in the blood, because I am the decendent of a thousand generations of hunters. I hunt because I am a hunter.- Finn Aagard
Old 09-18-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerhunter View Post
He does have 676 posts
Lol
I wouldn't be surprised if most of them are trolls... Only person in total denial can say things like this.
Old 09-18-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
why you callin the judge stupid? would you like it if I called you stupid.

big meany

I think that would put you in contempt of court, might be in Omar's cell if he hears about it. .

Grizz
Old 09-18-2015, 05:18 PM

It is disturbing that we have a judge letting this guy having any freedom in Alberta and in Canada.

As a Canadian I am upset that we allow such scum wander our streets. I don't care he was 15. My 10 yr old knows right from wrong. So don't feed me bunk that he didn't know better.

I'm tired of our judges slapping murders on the wrist and saying bad boy, please play nice.

We got jasmine Richardson, ohmar khadar,
We are paying for both their educations and they are both free in Alberta.
Oh and for good measure we allow these turds to change their names

In documents filed in the Alberta Court of Appeal, Jeremy Steinke said he is now going by the name Jackson May. He was allowed to legally change his name.

Another example is Karla Holmoka who Changed it to Karla Teale

Sickening.

Last edited by FishingMOM; 09-18-2015 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2015, 06:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post
It is disturbing that we have a judge letting this guy having any freedom in Alberta and in Canada.

As a Canadian I am upset that we allow such scum wander our streets. I don't care he was 15. My 10 yr old knows right from wrong. So don't feed me bunk that he didn't know better.

I'm tired of our judges slapping murders on the wrist and saying bad boy, please play nice.

In documents filed in the Alberta Court of Appeal, Jeremy Steinke said he is now going by the name Jackson May. He was allowed to legally change his name.

Sickening.
Maybe your're a judge. But I have a slight susceptible that you work at 7/11. Leave the law to who knows it
Old 09-18-2015, 06:39 PM

Default Sorry, but ....

your anger is totally misdirected at the Judge, and calling her "stupid" is just plain misinformed. Justice Ross is, as it happens, an excellent, smart, and conscientious judge, who does not let her own personal biases (which may fall on one side or the other here?) get in the way of her decisions. Do you not think she knows very well that this is not a "popular" decision? I can imagine her own personal distaste at even having to be the one assigned to handle the case - I'm quite sure there was no competition amongst judges to be assigned - quite the opposite - her reputation is likely to be smeared (as it is unjustly being by you and others here, on a very ignorant basis) no matter what she decides.

Personally, I think Khadr and his family are scum, I don't have the least sympathy for him, and I'd prefer to have seen him rot in prison forever. But the judge is duty bound, if he/she is the least interested in fulfilling his/her oath of office, to decipher and apply the law of Canada on such matters, as argued based on applicable statute and caselaw and contextual facts by, Khadr's lawyers on one side, and the government lawyers on the other. In very diligently doing so, she made her decision. She can't just "make it up as she goes" - if she does or did, the Court of Appeal will set her straight, and they might(?).

The blame for such results does not lie upon any judges, at all. It lies upon the legislators (Parliament) for the state of the law, and their failure to correct it, and/or upon the legal representatives of the government who were "overmatched" in their arguments by Khadr's lawyers. If you want to direct your anger at someone on this point, then start by asking your MP, or the relevant Minister, what they plan to do to alter the background laws that lead to such results.
Old 09-18-2015, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Maybe your're a judge. But I have a slight susceptible that you work at 7/11. Leave the law to who knows it
Grade 4 English?
Old 09-18-2015, 07:24 PM

Quote:
You need to retreat back to the fishing forum where you maybe belong....
Old 09-18-2015, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishingMOM View Post

Sickening.
Karla served her time.

If you do not like how this judge handled this case, then by all means, go and discuss it with the judge.
Old 09-18-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
your anger is totally misdirected at the Judge, and calling her "stupid" is just plain misinformed. Justice Ross is, as it happens, an excellent, smart, and conscientious judge, who does not let her own personal biases (which may fall on one side or the other here?) get in the way of her decisions. Do you not think she knows very well that this is not a "popular" decision? I can imagine her own personal distaste at even having to be the one assigned to handle the case - I'm quite sure there was no competition amongst judges to be assigned - quite the opposite - her reputation is likely to be smeared (as it is unjustly being by you and others here, on a very ignorant basis) no matter what she decides.

Personally, I think Khadr and his family are scum, I don't have the least sympathy for him, and I'd prefer to have seen him rot in prison forever. But the judge is duty bound, if he/she is the least interested in fulfilling his/her oath of office, to decipher and apply the law of Canada on such matters, as argued based on applicable statute and caselaw and contextual facts by, Khadr's lawyers on one side, and the government lawyers on the other. In very diligently doing so, she made her decision. She can't just "make it up as she goes" - if she does or did, the Court of Appeal will set her straight, and they might(?).

The blame for such results does not lie upon any judges, at all. It lies upon the legislators (Parliament) for the state of the law, and their failure to correct it, and/or upon the legal representatives of the government who were "overmatched" in their arguments by Khadr's lawyers. If you want to direct your anger at someone on this point, then start by asking your MP, or the relevant Minister, what they plan to do to alter the background laws that lead to such results.
Very well said!

made in Alberta__ born n raised.

FS-Tinfool hats by the roll.
Old 09-18-2015, 11:32 PM
Banned

Quote:

Thank you!
Old 09-19-2015, 01:02 PM

There are a lot of people the courts let out on the streets that I'm more concerned about than a guy that did something in another country when he was 14 years old.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headdamage View Post
There are a lot of people the courts let out on the streets that I'm more concerned about than a guy that did something in another country when he was 14 years old.
He is an afghani terrorist, he should have been shot by the Americans back in his homeland.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerguy View Post
He is an afghani terrorist, he should have been shot by the Americans back in his homeland.
Huh? His homeland is Canada.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:46 PM
Banned

Quote:

I do not always agree with what you post.
But this is true.
If they do not always agree they will qualify.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:54 PM
Banned

This is Canada

We have a legal system
Not a justice system

And on that note were he in front of a judge not in Canada his fate most certainly would have been different at this stage of his legal matters

Kid you not
Our system is a joke and decades will pass and governing parties will come and go with nary much change.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:04 PM

Quote:

Gotta disagree here buddy, she can't be jim-dandy, excellent, smart, conscientious, etc., on one hand.....then have Khadr's lawyer overmatch the gov't schmuck. She is either bright enough to see the forest for the trees ...or not!! To say she is blameless is silly, she is paid to make a decision, she won't always make the correct one.......
Old 09-19-2015, 10:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
This is Canada

We have a legal system
Not a justice system

And on that note were he in front of a judge not in Canada his fate most certainly would have been different at this stage of his legal matters

Kid you not
Our system is a joke and decades will pass and governing parties will come and go with nary much change.

Yes what you have said is true.

That is why fire can be good.

But only in your domain.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:14 AM

I still stand in my belief that the judge was stupid in giving this scumbag terrorist freedom to wander Canada and speak freely. We no longer have the ability to monitor his actions.

The US government should take him back into custody since Canada isn't holding him. He doesn't belong here. He really belongs with daddy 6 feet under.
Old 09-20-2015, 06:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenaj View Post
Okay, than shoot him here! My solution.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenaj View Post
Any Canadian that takes up arms against Canada's ally in a conflict is a traitor. As such he should have been hung or shot.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:48 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

I prefer the raging judge as my public defender.
No court, no jury, no wasted tax payers dollars.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...