Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-19-2015, 02:16 AM

Mmmmmmm montecristos!!!!!

Yup and a nice cold fallen timber
Hopped mead brewed right here in Alberta.
Old 09-19-2015, 09:25 AM

Quit the sauce 23 years ago. Before that it would have been whatever I could slug down my throat. Now it is a diet coke, cup of coffee, or a spot of tea with lemon and honey.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltmania View Post
Absolutely. We really ought to get together for a drink sometime. Laphroaig 25 sounds devine! The field pics are of my hunting partner. I texted for permission, if he says yes I'll post. We got a nice lookin' cow

Ardbeg 10 is great. The Uigeadail is sublime. I highly recommend it if you get a chance.

Vintage puts on some pretty great tastings; sounds like a good chance to meet...know of any upcoming events TC?
Hey, that's a great looking cow elk! Congrats, that's going to be some fine eating for you guys. Thanks for posting pic.

Vintage sounds like a great idea. They have two 'Malts of Scotland' tastings coming up Oct. 2 and the 9th...they may both be sold out. I try and get to at least a couple tastings a year there. I'll make an inquiry for the 9th and let you know! Oh, and the 25 yr Laphroaig is stellar! A friend bought me a bottle after one of the tastings, we had inquired about it and I went and then on the way out, I was presented with the bottle. Was a very nice Christmas present! I also have a bottle of the Ardbeg SuperNova that I haven't opened yet, saving it for a special occasion. We will talk....

Edit: Just talked to Scott at Vintage and both nights are sold out. He has put me down on the cancellation list in case somebody can't make it. If not, they have their Robby Burns Tasting coming up in January I believe, and I told him to put me down for a couple seats.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone

Last edited by Twisted Canuck; 09-19-2015 at 12:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouse_hunter View Post
As for the OPs questions, I usually carry a flask of 14 year old Oban. If I'm successful in the field, I pour a shot on the ground and say a brief "gratitude prayer". That goes for anything from grouse to moose!
14 Yr Old Oban, an excellent choice and one of my favorite 'go to' malts!

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 09-19-2015, 12:48 PM

This years!!