Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-12-2024, 08:49 AM

Default Immigration

Housing in small town sw Alberta is insane. We are advertising for immigrants to come here and they are flocking here. There are no local jobs that will ever pay enough that they can afford rent. They will never be owners. Good luck ever getting a doctor. Federal government offering companies like dollar store if they hire immigrants to pay half their wages. So if you are not immigrant they might cut your hours and hope you quit so they can hire as immigrant..
I think the immigrants are being mislead a d taking advantage of. They do bring savings with them. There are jobs but I don't think they understand how much it costs to live here until to late and then they cant afford to go home. This drives down local wages, drives up housing costs. Its the landlord's ,real estate developers and hardware store owners who gain and everybody else loses.
Plus we dont have the water and these idiot small towns are planning on doubling in size so just take the water from agriculture.
Alberta is going to look like southern Ontario but without money or water
Old 05-12-2024, 09:01 AM

Default Ibtl...!

Thank sparkle socks...

Old 05-12-2024, 09:08 AM

Changing the demographic of Canada benefits the Liberals and NDP.

And it is a done deal. Old Canadians have 2 things to look forward to: having no doctor or killing yourself thru MAID.
Old 05-12-2024, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntinstuff View Post

And it is a done deal. Old Canadians have 2 things to look forward to: having no doctor or killing yourself thru MAID.
The inevitable next step, only time before the bean counters took note.

https://www.cmaj.ca/content/189/3/E1...implementation.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 05-12-2024, 11:35 AM

Quote:

I used to think it was us getting screwed by Trudeau immigration but I'm starting to think its the immigrants who are also getting screwed and after they figure it out I'm betting they might not vote for Trudeau. If they do its probably because so poor they figure they need him to survive.
Atleast we have our homes. We probably have a family doctor. Etc.

They are going to have to live several families to a house. Take a job nobody else wants. Eventually figure out they have no police protection, schools are vice filled with garbage, never going to really be able to access family doctor.
There are unfair federal programs for immigrants. Example paying there way to trucking schools. It costs a lot of money to get a class one license in Alberta thanks to NDP Notley government responding to that foreign truck driver that took out that Humboldt hockey team in SK. But government has trucking industry so destroyed that only a desperate immigrant would work or one of these trucking companies now a days.
I'm betting a lot of these immigrants regret ever coming here and would go back if they could
Old 05-12-2024, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
I used to think it was us getting screwed by Trudeau immigration but I'm starting to think its the immigrants who are also getting screwed and after they figure it out I'm betting they might not vote for Trudeau. If they do its probably because so poor they figure they need him to survive.
Atleast we have our homes. We probably have a family doctor. Etc.

They are going to have to live several families to a house. Take a job nobody else wants. Eventually figure out they have no police protection, schools are vice filled with garbage, never going to really be able to access family doctor.
There are unfair federal programs for immigrants. Example paying there way to trucking schools. It costs a lot of money to get a class one license in Alberta thanks to NDP Notley government responding to that foreign truck driver that took out that Humboldt hockey team in SK. But government has trucking industry so destroyed that only a desperate immigrant would work or one of these trucking companies now a days.
I'm betting a lot of these immigrants regret ever coming here and would go back if they could
Good points.

Problem is, when they think theyre getting screwed, they STAY here and disrupt.

Personally I think if people want to protest and complain, they better have a Canadian Passport in their pocket. Anyone who doesnt I wouldnt give the time of day. Actually Id say that would constitute a swift return back to their homeland.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:05 PM

Excerpt from a National Citizens Enquiry hearing
Catherine Austin Fitts
Right. I would call it a financial coup d’état. So that’s a change of governance system by, you know, the “just do it” method. It’s a coup but it’s by financial means. I liken it to: you get fed up with the old system, so you start a new system; you move all the money, the assets into the new system and you leave the liabilities in the old system.
And then, you know, from 1998 on, whenever I would talk with anybody about why the missing money story was so important, I kept saying, “Look, if the way they deal with the retirement obligations and the health care obligations of the society is by not funding them, but moving the assets out of the system where the obligations exist, then ultimately, if you don’t fully fund your obligations, you’re going to have to extend the retirement age, drain or dilute away the benefits with inflation or depopulate or some combination. You have to abrogate your contracts, inflate the money away or, you know, lower life expectancy.”
On the subject of bringing in more immigration:
Katherine Austin Fitts
Those people are not the people that they have retirement obligations to necessarily. You have to look at it on a person-by-person scale. But if you have a person who has a pension fund and certain kinds of insurance policies and obligations for lifetime health care and also has the right to vote, you are replacing them with someone—particularly if they’re young—who you haven’t had to educate and is ready to go to work in a variety of ways and for which you have significantly less liabilities. So as a matter of solving a series of different problems, it’s a very different profile than the person whose life expectancy is diminishing.
Old 05-12-2024, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Good points.

Problem is, when they think theyre getting screwed, they STAY here and disrupt.

Personally I think if people want to protest and complain, they better have a Canadian Passport in their pocket. Anyone who doesnt I wouldnt give the time of day. Actually Id say that would constitute a swift return back to their homeland.
I think a lot of countries dont have duel citizenship. Example you get scammed and become a new Canadian. You bring your life savings and pursue the Canadian dream and then realise what you got yourself into. I don't think you can just buy a plane ticket and go back. To go back I think you would be trying to go back to your former country like a immigrant. I could be wrong but this is what I heard.
Think African, India ,Pakistan????
Small town housing developments seem to be owned by former immigrants who are promoting people from their former countries to come here. But no jobs,services, etc its a scam.
Old 05-12-2024, 03:03 PM

All this bellyaching makes me think that an immigrant worked harder, got your job, saved more money and then bought the house you wanted.

No?
Old 05-12-2024, 03:40 PM

More freebies for new comers, which means someone else has to cough up the difference, facilities don't maintain themselves on fairy dust.
https://tnc.news/2024/05/12/canadian...ada-newcomers/
Old 05-12-2024, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittman View Post
All this bellyaching makes me think that an immigrant worked harder, got your job, saved more money and then bought the house you wanted.

No?
A true liberal response, deflection of blame
Old 05-12-2024, 03:58 PM

feds-to-transfer-illegal-immigrant-housing-burden-to-provinces-municipalities-after-1b-extension
https://www.westernstandard.news/new...xtension/54422

Oh wait this must be fake news cause Pittman implied that they buy their own housing.
Old 05-12-2024, 04:39 PM

Offspring of colonizers bitchin' about the latest wave colonizers..... how ironic.

taheckwidit I'm going fishin' for a week.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One'n'Done View Post
Offspring of colonizers bitchin' about the latest wave colonizers..... how ironic.

Today's immigrants are treated far different than they were 100 years ago. 100 years ago, they actually had to support themselves, they weren't given a place to live, and handouts to live on for years. Those immigrants built this country.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:14 PM

Why can we see that! We can but goverment can't! Like I said We my wife and I stay in Mexico for 3 month's, there are so many Canadians or USA living there. But they have to show that they are living on their money and not the Mexico way. Not one Peso will be given to a person wanted to live in Mexico! So why Here! BS is here to stay! Sorry! Because we are a rich country! BS! Are we going down the toilet? You bet we are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
Today's immigrants are treated far different than they were 100 years ago. 100 years ago, they actually had to support themselves, they weren't given a place to live, and handouts to live on for years. Those immigrants built this country.

Last edited by badbrass; 05-12-2024 at 05:19 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by One'n'Done View Post

This is nonsense. Uniformed. There is no comparison between a 100 years ago and today.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:32 PM

None! 100 years ago! They came to make this Country better, and they did! Not now! all they want to do is protest on the way we re-ack! BS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gman1978 View Post
This is nonsense. Uniformed. There is no comparison between a 100 years ago and today.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:34 PM

Hmmmm.

I have many "immigrant" friends and family(inlaws) that came to this country decades ago. They cleared land, worked hard to get ahead, never pushed any agendas/religions, and are absolutely great people!

They were/are happy to be here and contribute(d).

Wonder why they didn't/don't get similar perks as noted in the article I pasted?

And I will not get into what is going on today. Absolutely makes me sick.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ebsite%20reads.
Old 05-12-2024, 05:41 PM

Even 30 years ago, every single family that I know that arrived here at the same time as me, busted their rear ends to make the ends meet and to learn appropriate skills to succeed in life and career. Nobody was here expecting any handouts. The biggest handout we got was a 6 months English as a second language course for those who needed it.
Today we have a very different crowd in most cases that arrive here…
Old 05-12-2024, 05:45 PM

Quote:

No?
Absolutely cretinous statement.

The immigrant has no Canadian work experience, and very likely can't even speak fluent English -- so he didn't outcompete anyone on any basis other than cost.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:01 PM

Love these threads cause they always bring out who is liberal and who is not and it's good to know that.
Old 05-12-2024, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil McCracken View Post
Hmmmm.

I have many "immigrant" friends and family(inlaws) that came to this country decades ago. They cleared land, worked hard to get ahead, never pushed any agendas/religions, and are absolutely great people!

They were/are happy to be here and contribute(d).

Wonder why they didn't/don't get similar perks as noted in the article I pasted?

And I will not get into what is going on today. Absolutely makes me sick.

https://torontosun.com/news/national...ebsite%20reads.
I don't know if it's still on the wall at the Telus world of science but someone saved a government poster encouraging European and eastern European people to come to western Canada for the wide open prime farmland and ready made homes on site. all the government wanted was eager(gullible) peasants to open up the land and grow wheat. most, if not all of them expected paradise, what they got was mosquitos, muskeg, really cold winters, and land that had to be cleared of trees and rocks before it was suitable to grow crops. most stayed because the promise of free land was a dream for them, but I wonder how many just walked away after seeing their "model farm". fast forward to today and I have watched some news reporters interviewing new immigrants who are ready to leave Canada because the reality doesn't match the dream anymore. moral of the story is politicians and bureaucrats will exploit anyone, anytime for personal gain.
Old 05-12-2024, 07:33 PM

It would be interesting to see the modern version of this, as well as all the details on what strings are attached; both then and now.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 05-12-2024, 08:05 PM

Did Smith not say that the Feds were undercutting AB’s ability to fill jobs by keeping immigration numbers to the province lower than she wants?
She did, look it up. She actually called for the current allotment to be doubled plus an additional 10000 for Ukraine according to the national post Just food for thought.

And also, an immigrant can’t apply for citizenship for 1095 days after arriving in Canada. I guess my point of mentioning that is just to address the whole “people can’t go back after they get here because those countries don’t have dual citizenship” thing mentioned. Those people are not citizens of Canada for 3 years minimum. Yes, I ask questions of immigrants I worked alongside as well as the nice physio therapist from India who fixed my shoulder. Lol

Last edited by Rvsask; 05-12-2024 at 08:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2024, 08:21 PM

Quote:

No?
You couldn't be more wrong about me.
I just could not for the life of me understand why all these people from other parts of world are moving to rural small town Alberta because alot of them can't even drive and there are no jobs here that are going to pay them anything. Most kids born here leave for better opportunities because not really much here that pays enough unless self employed farm /agriculture type of person or retired.
It just does not make any sense to move here. Twenty years ago things were different and it did make sense but not anymore.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:17 AM

Unless you are a tradesman or professional that can contribute to Canada and support yourself / family , i wouldnt let anyone in our country. At this pace its costing millions upon millions and our reward is crime , protests upon protests and clown acts like supporting Hamas that happened in Toronto and across the country. Were going to be one big ugly tent city.
Lets take care of our own , like Vets and see if somehow young Canadians working two jobs can afford a damn house.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvsask View Post
Did Smith not say that the Feds were undercutting AB’s ability to fill jobs by keeping immigration numbers to the province lower than she wants?
She did, look it up. She actually called for the current allotment to be doubled plus an additional 10000 for Ukraine according to the national post Just food for thought.

And also, an immigrant can’t apply for citizenship for 1095 days after arriving in Canada. I guess my point of mentioning that is just to address the whole “people can’t go back after they get here because those countries don’t have dual citizenship” thing mentioned. Those people are not citizens of Canada for 3 years minimum. Yes, I ask questions of immigrants I worked alongside as well as the nice physio therapist from India who fixed my shoulder. Lol
Are the immigrants bringing any money with them?

So they come here and think after I get my citizenship in three years then I will be able to get a doctor?
I'm thinking it takes money to get here and by the time they realize that being in a first world debt ridden , country like Canada with crazy high housing costs and carbon taxes etc . Its to late by time they figure it out.
Maybe they can make it in Calgary but I'm talking about all the ones coming to basically dead little small rural towns that would be bankrupt without spending from provincial government . example government jobs and grants. These towns used to have oil and gas related jobs and spinoffs but not now.
Old 05-13-2024, 07:52 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
and the people who lived here then thought they were destructive cancers.....go figure eh!

rinse and repeat.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 05-13-2024, 07:56 AM

Imigration is all well and good, unless we are welcoming "irregular" (illegal) border crossers! The royal canadian mounted porters carrying the luggage across the border! Or, we're bringing over a million persons per year into the country when we can't house the people already here. As mentioned already, the medical system is a crap show and we just keep piling more patients on it! Absolutly brilliant! NOT!
Old 05-13-2024, 07:56 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W921 View Post
You couldn't be more wrong about me.
I just could not for the life of me understand why all these people from other parts of world are moving to rural small town Alberta because alot of them can't even drive and there are no jobs here that are going to pay them anything. Most kids born here leave for better opportunities because not really much here that pays enough unless self employed farm /agriculture type of person or retired.
It just does not make any sense to move here. Twenty years ago things were different and it did make sense but not anymore.
They are coming here from war torn countries for the most part which is way better.

Just a thought to toss around.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...