Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 02-21-2013, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
Don't Know what you mean. The guy hit a soft spot with his truck, perhaps a under ground spring or maybe a methane bubble.
He then went and got a backhoe to try and lift the front end out and thats when the hoe went down.
Think Cal was just wondering if Be Rescued towing company was doing the recovery. And i am wondering if that is Doug's truck
Old 02-21-2013, 07:52 PM

Default D-12

Was just a joke notice the 1000 feet of winch cable could prob pull it right fromn shore with that once front end is supported
Old 02-21-2013, 09:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Think Cal was just wondering if Be Rescued towing company was doing the recovery. And i am wondering if that is Doug's truck
Ya just thinking, hell of a hoe opperator, now owns Be Rescued, hope thats not his hoe there! I did some abandonments with him back in the day and that guy could make a hoe dance, dont know if anyone can make them swim though
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Don't Know what you mean. The guy hit a soft spot with his truck, perhaps a under ground spring or maybe a methane bubble.
He then went and got a backhoe to try and lift the front end out and thats when the hoe went down.
Thats too funny. I would be afraid to walk to the front of the truck, never mind anything that weighs a few thousand lbs.

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:19 AM

wow, thats crazy, i fish that lake quite often. We noticed a month ago that the ice was not to good and and stuck to machines this year. Scary stuff!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:38 AM

Sounds like the op of this thread http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showt...oned+equipment
Might be lurking on the shore.

Welcome to the forum waitingforfall.
Why not introduce yourself in the GD section?

Either get busy living, or get busy dying!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmag View Post
Yeah, From what I have heard, it was DK's truck...
Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta Redneck View Post
Attachment 68171

You must mean this picture. The recovery mission has now involved a helicopter, nothing short of a $25,000.00 bill
I wish I had a buck for everytime I have seen that picture pop up on the internet or through emails.

Starting to get a little old me thinks.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:12 AM

They got the truck out yesterday. The winched it out with about 2000 yards of cable
Old 02-25-2013, 10:55 AM

Dougie has been fishing in these parts all of his life . It was just one of those freak accidents .Glad he is okay.
Bass Pro Shop #1
Old 02-25-2013, 01:30 PM

who's idea was it to use the backhoe. To me it looked like a minor winching operation until the hoe went thru.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crown royal 17 View Post
Dougie has been fishing in these parts all of his life . It was just one of those freak accidents .Glad he is okay.
X2...Doug knows the lake. Not sure where abouts on the lake this happened, guessing towards the small island. Could of happened to anyone as i seen alot of trucks breaking trail there.

Anyways...hope someone had the sense to ribbon the whole area off...Did they get the hoe out as well ?
Old 02-27-2013, 06:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
who's idea was it to use the backhoe. To me it looked like a minor winching operation until the hoe went thru.
Ok, the story as I have got it from my wife, who plays hockey with Doug's sister is as follows...

Doug, in a bit of a freak happening, went through the ice with his company truck after being specificly told not to use it for ice fishing. Not wanting the company to find out, he called someone he knew who was opperating the hoe in the area to get him out. Apparently the owner of the hoe had no clue that it was being used to rescue the truck... and the rest is history. These guys are legends now, that picture graces the wall of many a dog house and field office throughout the north.

Like I said, just the story as I heard it.
Old 02-28-2013, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
Ok, the story as I have got it from my wife, who plays hockey with Doug's sister is as follows...

Doug, in a bit of a freak happening, went through the ice with his company truck after being specificly told not to use it for ice fishing. Not wanting the company to find out, he called someone he knew who was opperating the hoe in the area to get him out. Apparently the owner of the hoe had no clue that it was being used to rescue the truck... and the rest is history. These guys are legends now, that picture graces the wall of many a dog house and field office throughout the north.

Thats the same story I heard
Old 02-28-2013, 08:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Thats the same story I heard
I suspect the "Help Wanted" section of the local paper might have a few more adds than usual this week. Once again keeping in mind that my information came from the locker room of a women's hockey team.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:01 AM

Quote:
I suspect the "Help Wanted" section of the local paper might have a few more adds than usual this week. Once again keeping in mind that my information came from the locker room of a women's hockey team.
You looking thru that little hole again ?

Gonna get me a 16" perch.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:25 AM

Quote:

And this kids is why you listen to your parents and never tell a lie.....the end.

LC
Old 03-01-2013, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
And this kids is why you listen to your parents and never tell a lie.....the end.

LC
Your wrong...

This kids is why when you tell a lie you never leave any witnesses. You report the truck stolen break a window, Damage the steering column with a flat head screw driver. Get a solid alibi etc...

Oh crap I've said too much.