Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2015, 11:14 AM

Question Popular Movies--best viewing dates/times

Hi all!

With all the kids being out-of-school the line-ups for the new Star Wars flick look longish at times. My buddy also informs me that some families make a habit of seeing flicks during the holidays. This seems odd as I would normally be busy this time of year (just not this year).

Wondering what the consensus would be for the ideal time (generally) to catch a popular movie at a theatre over the holidays? Ideal defined as- no crowds.

-Willy
Old 12-23-2015, 11:40 AM

If I am going to see a movie I see it before lunch or the early afternoon one when most people are otherwise occupied. Generally I find the theatres are empty at this time. We just saw The Chipmunks- RoadChip this way and basically had the theatre to ourselves.
We had to wait in a longish line for popcorn and such because there was a showing of Starwars just before our movie started.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:14 PM

For anything remotely popular or worth seeing, there won't be a slow time during the holidays.
Old 12-23-2015, 12:55 PM

In Edmonton I go to the VIP theater. Little more expensive but you pay for and pick your seats before you get there. Show up 10 minutes before the start of the movie and order you popcorn and drinks right from the seat. Great experience.

I find the theater busy during the holidays. Not everyone celebrates the holiday and a great way to kill time. We drove by the theater at South Common yesterday and it was packed at noon.