Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 07-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1899b View Post
The RCMP officer gets a fail for not being able to subdue the one male perp. Terrible.
Looks like an RCMP uniform, being incompetent and showing up late, all to common for the RCMP the last few years. Doesn't instill must confidence that the RCMP are actually going to help you when they can't even handle an unarmed punk azz kid.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:37 PM

Close quarter combat is fluid. release the armchair and give CQB a try. One should never escalate 5 stages without reason. I do not see any failure in the LEO response.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalong View Post
Looks like an RCMP uniform, being incompetent and showing up late, all to common for the RCMP the last few years. Doesn't instill must confidence that the RCMP are actually going to help you when they can't even handle an unarmed punk azz kid.

You try it,
after you get pushed over by him pushing his accomplice into you,
loses his shirt, so there is nothing to get a hold of,
After being hit by a taser and still coming.

Not to mention you are by yourself and know that your backup is on the way, you have two persons showing you that they are capable at trying anything.
You want to maintain control as much as possible, as well as keeping both within your sights, as they are running around like idiots.
But if your taser didn’t stop him,
And he’s sweaty, and half naked and flaying his arms,
Likely jacked on drugs,
You’re not going to have an easy time.

Had this officer gone full rogue on the guy and continuing to taser him, or beat him,
People would be complaining about excessive force.

The officer did his job as best as could be expected, given the circumstances.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
Close quarter combat is fluid. release the armchair and give CQB a try. One should never escalate 5 stages without reason. I do not see any failure in the LEO response.
Well while i was sitting in my armchair my best friend who is Sherwood Park detachment watched it with me as well. This RCMP officer is now famous amongst the local detchaments. Not for being stellar.... LOL

Keep in mind there are those that post on here that are informed in a few things...

The perp was tased and his wrists went stiff and were stuck out while he was laying backside on the floor.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:11 AM

shoot him, people would start showing the rcmp the respect they deserve. Back up should come from the hip.
Old 07-03-2018, 09:41 AM

Tazer sure stopped him fast but not for long. Looks like one of those incidents where being hopped up on drugs turns you into superman. I give the leo some slack as even though she wasn't much of a threat, he had to keep one eye open for what she might do during his battle with the dirt bag.

Falling from the ceiling was the cherry on top.
Old 07-03-2018, 10:01 AM

When did the 7-11 get quality cameras?

Funny as heck to watch the video, but I feel for that constable for all the reasons already mentioned.

A round to the leg would of slowed things down. Still sucks that we now have to support those to losers and give them a fair trial!

BW
Old 07-03-2018, 10:08 AM

Hahaha! I worked many contracts in Spruce Grove were Ive had dealings with that officer. Even before seeing this video I wondered how he ever got a badge. Its obvious he's forgotten everything he (should have) learned in PPCT. From what the video shows, he basically forgot the female was there and she could have assaulted him at any time with a weapon if she had one in her bag. Very poor situational awareness. I really hope he gets desk duty for the next few months, the general public will be much safer without his presence.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 07-03-2018, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
You try it,
after you get pushed over by him pushing his accomplice into you,
loses his shirt, so there is nothing to get a hold of,
After being hit by a taser and still coming.

Not to mention you are by yourself and know that your backup is on the way, you have two persons showing you that they are capable at trying anything.
You want to maintain control as much as possible, as well as keeping both within your sights, as they are running around like idiots.
But if your taser didn’t stop him,
And he’s sweaty, and half naked and flaying his arms,
Likely jacked on drugs,
You’re not going to have an easy time.

Had this officer gone full rogue on the guy and continuing to taser him, or beat him,
People would be complaining about excessive force.

The officer did his job as best as could be expected, given the circumstances.
Very good points

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostguy6 View Post
Hahaha! I worked many contracts in Spruce Grove were Ive had dealings with that officer. Even before seeing this video I wondered how he ever got a badge. Its obvious he's forgotten everything he (should have) learned in PPCT. From what the video shows, he basically forgot the female was there and she could have assaulted him at any time with a weapon if she had one in her bag. Very poor situational awareness. I really hope he gets desk duty for the next few months, the general public will be much safer without his presence.
That is truly unfortunate for him and us.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 07-03-2018, 12:35 PM

Last guy to support the RCMP, but Ill give the officer a break here.

The female was also very violent. He was reluctant to get too engaged with the male as she was running wild around him.

I couldn't do the job. Amazing restraint to a) not shoot them both b) sticking with trying just trying to restrain them, and not beating them with fists and feet while doing it.
Old 07-03-2018, 12:42 PM

very weak on the officers part he had a chance and did not take it
Old 07-03-2018, 12:58 PM

That moment when the girl comes crashing through the ceiling was hilarious.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBoy View Post
That moment when the girl comes crashing through the ceiling was hilarious.
Yes it’s just to bad she didn’t break a couple bones when she landed.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:03 PM

Default Billy club

canadian and british police at one time carried the billy club--now banned.I saw 1st hand how effective this tool disabled the most determined perk--A stout blow to the knee quickly puts an end to mobility.They are young foolish with a life ahead no need for permanent injury.Carry a knife no match for the billy,it can put you down for good.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneeze View Post
Last guy to support the RCMP, but Ill give the officer a break here.

The female was also very violent. He was reluctant to get too engaged with the male as she was running wild around him.

I couldn't do the job. Amazing restraint to a) not shoot them both b) sticking with trying just trying to restrain them, and not beating them with fists and feet while doing it.
When a perp resists arrest its on like donkey Kong an LEO has the green light to apprehend using force.

This RC is known as soft. Lucky for these two failures it was this officer that answered the call.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
They definitely qualify as stupid, but a Darwin Award requires that they remove themselves from the gene pool during their actions...........
But some still qualify for Honorable Mention

Check out the website!

Last edited by stuckincity; 07-08-2018 at 02:56 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 11:40 AM

I read in the news that the crack ***** in the video received a 15 day sentence, and was released for time served. There was video evidence of the attempted robbery, fleeing police, and assaulting the officer and basically no repercussions for her. No wonder our LEO's don't bother investigating thefts and the thieves are not deterred from reoffending.

I was talking to a buddy last night who's company has had $740 000 worth of property crimes committed against them so far this year.

Gerry Burnie
Old 07-22-2018, 11:45 AM

A stat i heard from a shell retail operator claims 90 % of product stolen is from employees?
Old 07-22-2018, 01:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by expedition View Post
A stat i heard from a shell retail operator claims 90 % of product stolen is from employees?
I worked retail for many years, depending on the business industry standard stolen product is 65-85% employees.
Old 07-23-2018, 09:48 AM

The guy I was referring to works for an energy producer. Batteries, sight glasses, trucks, computers, controllers, etc is what they're losing, and it's not employees.

Gerry Burnie
Old 07-23-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
I read in the news that the crack ***** in the video received a 15 day sentence, and was released for time served. There was video evidence of the attempted robbery, fleeing police, and assaulting the officer and basically no repercussions for her. No wonder our LEO's don't bother investigating thefts and the thieves are not deterred from reoffending.

I was talking to a buddy last night who's company has had $740 000 worth of property crimes committed against them so far this year.
It's pure BS that she gets off with time served for her part in this. 3-6 months should of been the very minimum served, and that is based on a first offense.

Time served for resisting arrest and attempted robbery is ridiculous and the judge should face a judiciary review!

BW