Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-21-2009, 02:17 PM

Exclamation YUKON FISHER looking for spots in/around calgary

SO...I'm a new to Calgary and am trying to organize a camping/fishing trip for 2 days. Being from the Yukon, I'm a little spoiled when it comes to doing so, and I'm finding it VERY hard to find anywhere to go that’s not one of those "camping" spots that has showers, and plug-ins for your computers. I'm looking for a spot that I might have to hike/canoe into, or even drive to but that’s a little more rugged than the for-mentioned camping spots. Also not looking to drive hours and hours to get there, maybe 2 hours max. Please, any information will be put to VERY good use. Thanks in advance everyone!
Old 06-21-2009, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukonfisher View Post
SO...I'm a new to Calgary and am trying to organize a camping/fishing trip for 2 days. Being from the Yukon, I'm a little spoiled when it comes to doing so, and I'm finding it VERY hard to find anywhere to go that’s not one of those "camping" spots that has showers, and plug-ins for your computers. I'm looking for a spot that I might have to hike/canoe into, or even drive to but that’s a little more rugged than the for-mentioned camping spots. Also not looking to drive hours and hours to get there, maybe 2 hours max. Please, any information will be put to VERY good use. Thanks in advance everyone!
Kananaskis country
Old 06-21-2009, 02:27 PM

I've herd allot about kananaskis, but have NO idea where to go in that area. Any spacifics?

Tags
camping, fishing spots, fishing trips, overnight trips, yukon