Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM

Default Zeiss conquest rapidZ 600.....

Hey guys,
I know this subject has come up here before but just wanted to see if there are more people on here using the rapid z reticles on Zeiss scopes. What I want to know is do they actually work all that well? Are you hitting targets consistently out to the marked 3,4,5,6 hundred yard marks...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one because I've heard great things about the glass was just unsure of whether they are worth the extra money for the rapid z reticle...
Old 08-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Every gun and load are individuals and you HAVE to shoot at those distances to confirm but they sure have been very close for me.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:17 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico7mm View Post
Hey guys,
I know this subject has come up here before but just wanted to see if there are more people on here using the rapid z reticles on Zeiss scopes. What I want to know is do they actually work all that well? Are you hitting targets consistently out to the marked 3,4,5,6 hundred yard marks...
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy one because I've heard great things about the glass was just unsure of whether they are worth the extra money for the rapid z reticle...
As you set your magnification power to set the ranges, with the help of the on-line calculator, there is a fair amount of adjustability and from what I've seen, the numbers given on the web site are indeed very close. As 209 pointed out, you need to confirm atn the actual ranges and if you find things are slightly out, it's a simple matter of adjusting the magnification slightly to get the hash marks exactly on the yardage marks. That's what sets the Rapid Z apart from the others! Very simple and very effective reticle.

Just be sure to get the proper reticle for your cartridge. The 600 works best with slower catridges and the 800 with faster. All of the info to select the proper reticle is on line. Check out the on line calculator at the same time....it's amazing.
Old 08-08-2009, 12:33 AM

i have one on my rem 700 cdl sf .270 win and its basically like the ad says in a magazine. sight in for 200yrds...find your magnification to fit your load and boom! everything lines up, its friggen awesome when you get it all figured out. i set mine between 8 and 9 times and im picking off the silhouettes long range!
Old 08-10-2009, 07:48 PM

Thanks for the responses guys, I think I might give the 3.5-10X44 with the rz600 a try...