Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 05:41 PM

Default Another AOF Gathering !!

We had such a awesome time at the last gathering, some of us have decided to do it again. This time it will be on Aug 21, 22, 23. It will be in the bush country - west of Caroline ( jts1 will put up a link to a map with the GPS co-ordinates and directions )
Now granted we won't be right on a lake - BUT depending on what you want to fish for ( Pike , Perch , Lakers , Rainbows , White fish and maybe even some little Brookie's ) and depending on your style of fishing ( fly , spin , bait , trolling ...ect ) - Alford lake, Tay lake, Swan lake and the Clearwater River are less than 10min away, Phyllis lake is about 20 min. Cow lake , Mitchelle lake , Struble lake and Buntstick lake are about 35 to 45 mins away.
If your not interested in fishing it's also great place for camping , quading , hiking/walking or just to get out and relax to get some fresh air.
The access is good if you have a trailer and it's not too far down the gravel road. If you're gonna bring a boat it's only a short drive to the lake of your choice.
There are no camping fees - that also means there is no facilities -we would be " roughing it " so to speak. We also don't have to worry about the noise levels after dark or running out of fire wood.
We picked a more northern spot hoping to get some of the " northerners " to come down and have a good time with us " southerners ". ( gonna put the local detachment on speed dial ..lol )
Anyone who is interested in coming along - put up a post or shoot me a PM ( so we have an idea of how many are coming ).
So for those of you that missed the last one here's your chance, it's gonna be another good time - you don't wanna miss it.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM

aww crap, dont think i'd be able to do it....
Old 07-30-2009, 05:49 PM

Talking Yay!!!!!!

YAY!!!! We will be there!! Also I will be proviing nightly treats for ALL of you to express my gratitude for all of the support you have given me!

Please try to make is as I wish to meet some of the great people I have only had a chance to chat with on the Forum.

It will be so good to see the others that I met last time! I miss you all already.

I am so happy to hear about this!!!

Also I will have room for 3-5 people in the RV, so let me know if you need a place to sleep. I also have a 2-3 person tent available. And...I can take up to four people in the truck with me from Calgary, so if anyone needs a ride just PM me.

BE THE CHANGE YOU WISH TO SEE IN THE WORLD

GHANDI
Old 07-30-2009, 07:54 PM

On my way back from catarat creek with 3 other board members. Will post map and gps tonight.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=15h...ec&usp=sharing

Last edited by jts1; 07-30-2009 at 10:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:22 PM

Sounds like fun, count me in
Old 07-30-2009, 09:18 PM

That sounds awesome, I was so bummed I missed the one at PCR. I might drive up as I want to visit Caroline one afternoon but if anyone needs a ride too let me know.

I'd like to reserve one spot in your RV if possible Michelle, I have a tent but if it rains it's never fun in it. I'm pretty sure I don't snore....at least too badly

Now the important question, food!
Old 07-30-2009, 10:07 PM

I will do everything possible to make it again. Corn should be ready by then too , even better than that Hutterite stuff It will be a long drive, hopefully there will be room to pitch a tent in the dark, without tripping over another wire fence

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-31-2009, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle View Post
Also I will have room for 3-5 people in the RV, so let me know if you need a place to sleep. I also have a 2-3 person tent available. And...I can take up to four people in the truck with me from Calgary, so if anyone needs a ride just PM me.
YIPPEE Can I reserve in your motorhome for my 3 dogs, they're small and 2 are almost hairless!
Old 07-31-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishing_flower View Post
YIPPEE Can I reserve in your motorhome for my 3 dogs, they're small and 2 are almost hairless!
Sorry but tje onything hairless allowed to sleep in that trailer is Steve lol

Old 07-31-2009, 09:32 AM

Sorry, forgot to ask. How big are the campsites? We have a long trailer...31feet plus a slideout. Will it fit? We tried Sibbald lake campground and had a ....of a time with their sites
Old 07-31-2009, 09:39 AM

Lots of room for trailers and tents

Old 07-31-2009, 09:43 AM

Great, save us one spot. And yes, I'll keep the dogs in ours.
Even though they are just so cute lol Chinese crested hairless look like gremlins
Old 07-31-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
For sure!

GHANDI
Old 07-31-2009, 04:22 PM

[QUOTE=michelle;358854]YAY!!!! We will be there!! Also I will be proviing nightly treats for ALL of you to express my gratitude for all of the support you have given me!

Ok this has been bugging me all day. you do mean cookies right??????????

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 07-31-2009, 05:02 PM

Hey wayne,
soon as i saw someone was bringing along small hairless dogs I thought of you........... oops...........in terms of pike fishing of course LOL, Thats too funny because Im always threatining my girlfriend that Im going to use her two (Chiwauas) for pike bait. Cant spell the %$#@ things so I guess I will use them for bait.
Old 07-31-2009, 05:18 PM

Cool not to far from me I guess only 2 hrs from Exshaw? I am a pretty new member here but I just might make the trip, ya'll seem like a good group of people. Have never fished near there so that in itself is reason enough to take a day or 2 off (I work to much anyway).
Old 08-04-2009, 07:47 AM

No....my dogs are not bait!
Although one of them kept stealing my bait fish this weekend!
Old 08-08-2009, 12:22 PM

Default ellloooooo.....

wow this is gonna b fun fishing"!! anyone still got space? its just me my rod,bag,camera and 3 hammocks..
Old 07-31-2009, 07:00 AM

Well I just might be able to make this one too. Family dosnt fly in until 24th at 11pm. So if Im a good girl and have all the work done here at home I can make it LOL. I know this area pretty well. I will bring my camper and I have a tent that will sleep two if any one needs to use it they are welcome to it. Should be a blast.
Old 07-31-2009, 07:34 AM

Default Put me in

As long as I can book the weekend off I will be there.

Ken
Old 07-31-2009, 07:57 AM

That sounds like fun, will see what is on the agenda. Would be nice to meet all of you.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:03 AM

Quote:
That sounds like fun, will see what is on the agenda. Would be nice to meet all of you.
x2 on that
Old 07-31-2009, 09:08 AM

Default Excellent!!

Another oppertunity to shreik in front of good friends. Dial me up for one camp spot please, this will be my second trip up there in a few weeks.

Is everyone up for a pot luck again? I can bring anything from corn to cataracts. (JTS1 and his Jameson-vision-reducing-juice)

Wayne, I am going for your title belt fella! I want to see if it is humanly possible to out fish you.

Lets do a group photo and send it into the AO presses, cover page 2010 Regs???!!

Looking forward to seeing you all again!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandalius View Post
We had such a awesome time at the last gathering, some of us have decided to do it again. This time it will be on Aug 21, 22, 23. It will be in the bush country - west of Caroline ( jts1 will put up a link to a map with the GPS co-ordinates and directions )
Now granted we won't be right on a lake - BUT depending on what you want to fish for ( Pike , Perch , Lakers , Rainbows , White fish and maybe even some little Brookie's ) and depending on your style of fishing ( fly , spin , bait , trolling ...ect ) - ......

It is awesome. I missed the last AOL gathering at pCR while I was in Kelowna. What is the deadline to register this event? I have to talk to my wife and have her permission first

Last edited by DiehardFishingMan; 07-31-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 AM

I missed the last one as well, have to check the schedule but I think it will be OK for us to make it as well, unless we'll be in the field harvesting that early....
Old 07-31-2009, 01:24 PM

Will probly be in the field harvesting by then i think. Sounds like fun but dont have a trailer the last 1 sounded very entertaining.
Old 07-31-2009, 04:21 PM

do those dogs make good pike bait? still want to borrow Michelles and see if that 30 pounder at PCR likes wool

Non Compliance!!!!!!
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

Old 07-31-2009, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cujo1969 View Post
Will probly be in the field harvesting by then i think. Sounds like fun but dont have a trailer the last 1 sounded very entertaining.
I have a tent you can borrow

GHANDI
Old 07-31-2009, 05:33 PM

just make sure you're not in it when she backs up the trailer..lol
Old 08-07-2009, 04:57 AM

Sounds like its gonna be a blast! How far a drive is this from Calgary???