Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-14-2015, 09:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
It is so obvious why you are ex-RCMP. You make way too much sense to still be in.$70K for a new flag. And the work done by a friend or a relative! My hat is off to you.
thanks.
ex CPS, but same thing. a bunch of self serving corrupt hypocrites who couldn't solve a real crime if their life depended upon it.
i used to be proud to be a police officer. unfortunately i left that behind in europe..
i love canada. but the police here are a joke. the corruption starts at the very top and is rotten to the bottom...
Old 01-14-2015, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayseed View Post
I have four racksites and they all will be plumb full by the middle of Feb if this keeps up, startin to rack Akita # 47 tommoro, 75 loads on that one... takes up a fair bit of room. I deal with a lot of Oil Co's daily who I move iron for, she aint lookin good at all. Here we go again folks. Its not my first one, I've been moving rigs all my life and everyday is a new day and just another day in the patch.
Heard rumors at the arena tonight that the rigs trilogy and apache have working around Fox and swan, once they finish the wells they are drilling right now are being sent to town. Just rumors I know, but last spring, when oil was still $100+ remember hearing apache was totally cutting back drilling for this winter. Kind of a coincidence
Old 01-14-2015, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeaspell View Post
Heard rumors at the arena tonight that the rigs trilogy and apache have working around Fox and swan, once they finish the wells they are drilling right now are being sent to town. Just rumors I know, but last spring, when oil was still $100+ remember hearing apache was totally cutting back drilling for this winter. Kind of a coincidence
didnt apache have a big sour gas release down the bigstone just before christmas?

we had to detour our frac convoy way around and there were apache trucks everywhere blocking roads.

services should be fine until Q2.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
i heard bonivista racked 5 drilling rigs down south near rimby, my cousin is on one and thinks he is safe because they are drilling for gas and have a contract... like they cant just cancel a contract. they had to take a paycut from what he said today in order to stay working. I have been seeing more and more trucks going up for sale and its not even breakup.
When I spoke to the drilling supervisor on Horizon #31 yesterday to come and pick up our equipment he said that for now that was only Bonavista rig racking. We also received a letter from Bonavista asking for a 10% reduction, which is small for how much things are slowing down.

So far we are doing alright, we're a small down-hole tool rental company. We have some good customers that yes are cutting back but not shutting down all-together. Bonavista, Peyto, Bellatrix and PennWest are all doing ok, hopefully at least til spring.

Apache has really pulled in the reigns but are shopping around to service companies looking for deal if Apache use them exclusively. I have heard they are looking for 4 rigs to keep busy until into break-up.

We have had internal discussions about lay-offs come spring... which is something we have never done but need to be ready to do. Its too bad our newest field hands are good guys and have young families. Maybe things will rebound and not look so grim in a couple months. Our company has no debt and can weather a long down time, but we will have to run lean.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 PM

I think there should be enough work for most people until the end of March, lots probably wont be coming back after break up.

Good thing my company is sending me to oklahoma for 6 week at the beginning of april.
Old 01-14-2015, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
didnt apache have a big sour gas release down the bigstone just before christmas?

we had to detour our frac convoy way around and there were apache trucks everywhere blocking roads.

services should be fine until Q2.
That huge release wasn't really much of anything. If it didn't happen right on the Bigstone nobody would have known. It was more hype than anything. Drove by it the after they opened the road, lease looked like it did the day before they closed it. It never actually blew, they were just afraid it would. Got a little to underbalacned I'm guessing and they thought it was gonna get away from em
Old 01-14-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
That huge release wasn't really much of anything. If it didn't happen right on the Bigstone nobody would have known. It was more hype than anything. Drove by it the after they opened the road, lease looked like it did the day before they closed it. It never actually blew, they were just afraid it would. Got a little to underbalacned I'm guessing and they thought it was gonna get away from em
its a fine line they walk. too overbalanced and they ruin the formation, too little and they take a kick.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:06 PM

Quote:
its a fine line they walk. too overbalanced and they ruin the formation, too little and they take a kick.
Pass by it now, and they got a test crew on each well with dual stacks. At least now they are ready if it kicks em in the ass. I bet the day before if you asked the push or consultant if they needed a p-tank and testers they would tell you to get bent, waste of money lol

Funny how back in the day, like 5 years ago mud was the thing and wells still produced. Now apparently heavy invert will ruin it
Old 01-14-2015, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Pass by it now, and they got a test crew on each well with dual stacks. At least now they are ready if it kicks em in the ass. I bet the day before if you asked the push or consultant if they needed a p-tank and testers they would tell you to get bent, waste of money lol

Funny how back in the day, like 5 years ago mud was the thing and wells still produced. Now apparently heavy invert will ruin it
The days of 60 strokes and 100rpm are definitely long gone lol
Old 01-14-2015, 11:39 PM

Quote:

is that the lease with the 2 nabors rigs on it pretty close to the highway. Im up in Dawson right now.

the reason for invert is the shale wells with normal drilling mud, plugging up the perm. sandstone or limestone they still used water based.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:41 PM

Quote:
is that the lease with the 2 nabors rigs on it pretty close to the highway. Im up in Dawson right now.

the reason for invert is the shale wells with normal drilling mud, plugging up the perm. sandstone or limestone they still used water based.
That would be the ones. The rig closest to the highway looks brand new. 2 big rigs
Old 01-14-2015, 11:43 PM

yeah 2 big triples. its a cool sight to see. i stopped my pickup at lease entrance one day and watching them trip pipe for 10 mins. only ever been on a rig once.
Old 01-14-2015, 11:49 PM

Quote:
yeah 2 big triples. its a cool sight to see. i stopped my pickup at lease entrance one day and watching them trip pipe for 10 mins. only ever been on a rig once.
You actually seen pipe move? Every time I pass by for the last month it looks like the same pipe in the stick lol
Old 01-14-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
You actually seen pipe move? Every time I pass by for the last month it looks like the same pipe in the stick lol
yeah one rig was going in, the other coming out.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:06 AM

Quote:
yeah one rig was going in, the other coming out.
That's pretty cool. I been working around rigs for the last 10 years, and I still find it fascinating. Even watching a crew who work rods on a regular basis. Its truly an art to it. It's one of those things that anyone can do, but when you see guys who are good and like each other, its kind of like a fine dance. Each person in rhythm and time with the next guy.

A good rig crew makes it look easy, but at the same time, a good bunch of rig hands who don't jive or get along, they coukdnt put a kinder suprise together
Old 01-15-2015, 12:10 AM

we see that too the the coil tubing side.

some crews can rig in, in under 6hrs, while some are closer to 10.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:19 AM

Quote:
we see that too the the coil tubing side.

some crews can rig in, in under 6hrs, while some are closer to 10.
You're coil Crew takes 6 hours to rig in?

Just kidding, I know what you mean. Unless you actually mean it takes your coil crew 6 hours
Old 01-15-2015, 12:21 AM

Quote:
You're coil Crew takes 6 hours to rig in?

Just kidding, I know what you mean. Unless you actually mean it takes your coil crew 6 hours
yeah we are pretty slow. only a 5 man crew though usually with 2 green hats.

it also depends on the client, some *cough* imperial *cough* are really strict on things and it took us over 12 hrs the one day.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:39 AM

Quote:
yeah we are pretty slow. only a 5 man crew though usually with 2 green hats.

it also depends on the client, some *cough* imperial *cough* are really strict on things and it took us over 12 hrs the one day.
I got a call Tuesday at 5, just ready to walk out and lock the door for the day. Trican coil guys went to a conoco site. Turns out you need impact gloves on conoco site. This was a GP crew, so I'm not sure how many companies they called before us, but we loaded up 30 pairs of gloves and drove them out for them. So I'm guessing conoco paid the down time but I'm also sure it will be discussed.

They were pretty impressed a safety supply company delivered globes at 9 at night up the ANC, with no delivery charge, no nothin, just the cost of the gloves. Heard about it the next day from my GP office about how we should abbr charges this and charged that. I told em, don't worry about, it's the way the field works, we're in thier good books. We'll make it back in the long run lol. Guys remember the people who help them out and don't rape then over it.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:05 AM
Banned

We have tons of work coming in April and March at syncrude and suncor
Old 01-15-2015, 06:08 AM

Quote:
I got a call Tuesday at 5, just ready to walk out and lock the door for the day. Trican coil guys went to a conoco site. Turns out you need impact gloves on conoco site. This was a GP crew, so I'm not sure how many companies they called before us, but we loaded up 30 pairs of gloves and drove them out for them. So I'm guessing conoco paid the down time but I'm also sure it will be discussed.

They were pretty impressed a safety supply company delivered globes at 9 at night up the ANC, with no delivery charge, no nothin, just the cost of the gloves. Heard about it the next day from my GP office about how we should abbr charges this and charged that. I told em, don't worry about, it's the way the field works, we're in thier good books. We'll make it back in the long run lol. Guys remember the people who help them out and don't rape then over it.
Trican wouldve paid for that one. Usually the producer only picks up the tab when the issue is with the well itself.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:50 AM
Banned

Some solid gains again this morning on both oil and gas.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:29 AM

I have noticed one thing that is really creeping me out.... the contractors are working like they are on payroll and want the job. No getting a signature then hiding all day before doing 1/2hr of work then handing the slip back in at 4:30. I have seen a contractor work past 5 00 in the last two weeks, i was floored lol.

I think they are working because the place will be one of the contractors few sources of steady income in the next year or so
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinnordegg View Post
Some solid gains again this morning on both oil and gas.

Oil sure bounced back into the red. She's quite a roller coaster.
Old 01-15-2015, 09:53 AM
Banned

Putin now starting to play his cards

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...l#ixzz3OtslaY2
Old 01-15-2015, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

Europe isnt smart... they are sanctioning one of their largest trading partners and who also happens to be their primary energy supplier. It like shooting your self in the foot, and the gun kicking back in your face,lol
Old 01-15-2015, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Fish View Post
Still see some drilling going on, but talking with different production guys and its not going to last long. Drilling programs and budgets are being cut as well as hiring freezes.
Cant tell its slowing down by the traffic on the roads, but it will soon.
Hmm interesting. It's great to hear what's going on on the ground. That place has been crazy busy. Crude got quite the bounce but I'm wondering if it's just a short covering rally.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post

That is a very serious move. Things could escalate rapidly.
Old 01-15-2015, 03:51 PM

Schlumberger to cut 9,000 jobs

http://business.financialpost.com/20..._lsa=721e-bc95
Old 01-15-2015, 03:59 PM

Well we decided to let one of our guys go today, its just that slow for us. Rigs racking at an alarming rate. Taqa shut down Pd#190 that was going to work til break-up and Peyto is shutting down a Trinidad rig, which is really bad news for us. Not a great day, I hate letting people go. Even when we fire a guy with cause I feel bad, people have bills and stuff to take care of its crappy to be part of taking that away from someone.

Between the nice weather in Calgary and stuff shutting down it feels like spring in January, not good.