Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 03:51 PM

Default Suggestion Tikka T3X factory ammo

Looking seriously at a new Tikka T3X light stainless in 25:06 and don't want to reload anymore so I am looking for advise on factory ammo for accuracy for Deer and Elk. Yes I know it is a little light for Elk but it can be done out to 300 Yards....Thanks in advance...
Old 06-05-2020, 05:45 PM

Default Suggestion tikka

Hornady American Whitetail ammo has been very accurate in several different rifles that I know of. It’s loaded with Hornady Interlok bullets, and they have been proven performers for many years. I personally have been loading them and killing all types of big game with them for the last 40 years. Never a complaint.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:24 PM

Default You might have to try a few to see what shoots good in your rig.

It depends what your gun likes, give Barnes vortex a try see if it shoots it well.
It’s a little hotter and the ttsx bullet has great weight retention.
I hand load and really like the Barnes ttsx.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puphood1 View Post
Looking seriously at a new Tikka T3X light stainless in 25:06 and don't want to reload anymore so I am looking for advise on factory ammo for accuracy for Deer and Elk. Yes I know it is a little light for Elk but it can be done out to 300 Yards....Thanks in advance...
Shoot the Vortex TTSX and with a well placed shot you won't have any problems on elk. Energy wise you will be pretty close to the 6.5 cm. Lotsa folks here think 243 is adequate, IMHO it is a bit light but works on double lung shots with premium bullets.

The 25-06 is what the 243 wants to be when it grows up. As a deer rifle it is one of the best ever. Flat, fast and more than adequate punch with minimal recoil.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trigger7mm View Post
Hornady American Whitetail ammo has been very accurate in several different rifles that I know of. It’s loaded with Hornady Interlok bullets, and they have been proven performers for many years. I personally have been loading them and killing all types of big game with them for the last 40 years. Never a complaint.

I bought 154 grain Hornady American Whitetail for my 7mm rem mag T3X when I was breaking it in and sighting it. The results were great in the end. Took the pressure off buying reloading equipment for the short term. I’d try them and see how it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk