Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 12:50 AM
Banned

Default Shipping from China

Has anyone purchased an item from China since the COVID pandemic? I’m wondering about any shipping delays. I want to buy a carburetor from there at a discounted price but if it’s going to take forever to arrive I’d sooner pay a premium. In the past it’s only taken a couple of weeks to arrive.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:00 AM

I ordered some electrical tools (for vehicles) & didn't know they were from there.

Ordered in Feb & got them a couple weeks ago.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:11 AM

Default why not boycott China?

Most people think with their wallet overlooking cruel harsh regimes .Thank you for covid19 BTW.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:42 AM

Back to business as usual.

This isn't a jab at the OP either - but society in general. Short memories we have.

Sure would be nice to make a push to support local, hell even north American made only would be great.

Back to lining the pockets of the dirty, lying, murderous communist regime.

🤷

Oh well.

Sorry for the detail, OP.
Old 06-05-2020, 04:53 AM

Just my personal opinion, but I'd rather pay the premium to avoid buying from China.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:40 AM

I have several shipments that have vanished. Add to that shipping rates have escalated.
Old 06-05-2020, 05:56 AM

ordered stuff in feb and still waiting.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:26 AM

Placed two orders on Ebay in Feb. never showed up was refunded last week shipping from China is a crap-shoot these days.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:25 AM

We have some parts that we cannot get here. Our manufacturer in the USA quit making them because their tooling needed repair and it was not worth their while to upgrade it. We cannot find anyone interested in making them for us here or in the USA. Trust me, we have tried. We get a sea can full at a time.

The ship with our container on it left port in China some time in early March. The ship was called back because of the covid. That ship just left port in China 3 days ago so a 12 week delay. There are many thousand of sea cans on that ship full of Chinese crap.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren32 View Post
We have some parts that we cannot get here. Our manufacturer in the USA quit making them because their tooling needed repair and it was not worth their while to upgrade it. We cannot find anyone interested in making them for us here or in the USA. Trust me, we have tried. We get a sea can full at a time.

The ship with our container on it left port in China some time in early March. The ship was called back because of the covid. That ship just left port in China 3 days ago so a 12 week delay. There are many thousand of sea cans on that ship full of Chinese crap.
Sorry people, we're paying the price for exporting almost all our manufacturing capability to China. Now they have us by the Balls.

Grizz
Old 06-05-2020, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams View Post
Sorry people, we're paying the price for exporting almost all our manufacturing capability to China. Now they have us by the Balls.

Grizz
Or I just shut down that part of my business and layoff 2 people. Would that be better? It would certainly be easier.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:20 AM

Support communism,,, buy cheap from China
Old 06-05-2020, 08:33 AM

We can take China out of the equation and bring manufacturing back to North America. The real question is are we willing to cut our wage expectations by 1/2 and pay significantly more for those products to be manufactured in North America?
Old 06-05-2020, 08:45 AM

I've ordered a couple things from aliexpress (China) during the peak of the Asian outbreak. Took a little longer but received them no problem.

I just received a notice from AuPost that my parcel has landed in YVR after sitting at the airport in Perth for almost a month.

Dave, I ordered a couple carburetors from Amazon and these were made in China of course

Buying local lol. Except for fairy dust and unicorn farts, we don't make anything in this country and if we do I can't afford it. I live rural.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott N View Post
Just my personal opinion, but I'd rather pay the premium to avoid buying from China.

Normally, I’d agree, but when the “locally sourced” product costs $150-200, and the overseas product costs $30, there is a problem.

Incidentally, I’m assuming the part I ordered on Amazon is coming from China, 2 parcels arrived within a week (likely stocked in Canada) still waiting on 3rd, they claim it arrived in YVR on May 23, still haven’t seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-05-2020, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjunger View Post
Normally, I’d agree, but when the “locally sourced” product costs $150-200, and the overseas product costs $30, there is a problem.

Incidentally, I’m assuming the part I ordered on Amazon is coming from China, 2 parcels arrived within a week (likely stocked in Canada) still waiting on 3rd, they claim it arrived in YVR on May 23, still haven’t seen it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
X2 .04 per unit from China, .85 from Illinois, 1.20 from Ontario. As much as I want to buy North American...... and get this I did order some. And shipping company sent me an email telling me "civil unrest" has delayed my shipment for quit some time. My customer just wont pay NA prices despite my please. And what I did order from NA has been delayed. Time will tell I guess.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
So your paying a premium to have someone else order it from China for you. Because that’s what is going on.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Off in the Bushes View Post
So your paying a premium to have someone else order it from China for you. Because that’s what is going on.
Maybe, without knowing the details of what he's ordering and what's available. I'm just saying I avoid buying stuff made in China if possible, and I know that's not always possible. As I said, that's my own personal opinion, you're entitled to your own.
Old 06-05-2020, 11:48 AM

I placed an order on Amazon not realizing it was shipping from China, so far it has been lost since March 16th, the seller did agree to resend it but failed to provide a new tracking number. The sellers rating has also dropped significantly since then. Hopefully I get what I paid for.

I will not purchase from China anymore. The postal system has gone to total crap. Parcels that must travel through other ports are not making it due to shipping restrictions. I would rather pay a premium to get the products if I have the option to.

"The problem was this little thing called the government and laws."
Old 06-05-2020, 12:16 PM

Dave - sent a text.

If you cannot re-build it , drop it off & I will. Free !
Old 06-05-2020, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reeves1 View Post
Dave - sent a text.

If you cannot re-build it , drop it off & I will. Free !
Yes, I got your text but I haven't had a chance to respond yet. I appreciate the offer!

Believe it or not, I can buy the entire assembly online for less than the cost of the gasket set.
I went to a dealer yesterday and they could order the carb for me for........$220 + GST.
On Ebay it costs a little over $30 shipped from China.
While I support boycotting Chinese products, that's where the carb is made and I'm not about to pay an extra $200 for a distributor to buy it from China for me.

I'm still looking and I hope to find a NA dealer that sells the carb for in the $50 range. I don't mind paying that kind of mark up to make sure that it arrives in a reasonable period of time.

Briggs and Stratton part #590399
Old 06-05-2020, 12:54 PM

I broke my phone screen and ordered one from eBay. I took more than 2 months to arrive and it was the wrong product.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:03 PM

A couple thoughts here ....

Ordering anything from overseas is a crap shoot right now - some things I have noticed arrive on normal timelines while others seem to be inexplicably delayed.

And - let's be honest here - if you are ordering local, unless it's made here from scratch, the components likely originate from China anyways - so "stopping the evil communists" will take more than just "purchasing decisions". Until we stop globalization of manufacturing (which isn't happening) we are going to continue directly or indirectly support China.
Old 06-05-2020, 01:14 PM

Default Walmart $39.44

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Unique-...RD3YQT3EHR2K6U

Whoda thought?
Old 06-05-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post
Has anyone purchased an item from China since the COVID pandemic? I’m wondering about any shipping delays. I want to buy a carburetor from there at a discounted price but if it’s going to take forever to arrive I’d sooner pay a premium. In the past it’s only taken a couple of weeks to arrive.
I hate dealing with China worse than anyone I know but realistically there are certain things where you have zero options. Carbs for many small engines is one, there are no non-Chinese makers. Like you, I see no point in paying a Canadian Distributor 500% to say I bought Chinese products locally.

The last two parcels I got from China were in the past month. One took 4 days the other took 3 weeks. One was air one was ground. If you are in a big rusk, specify air mail. Their shipping time estimates have been accurate so far.
Old 06-05-2020, 02:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bat119 View Post
Thanks! I was all ready to buy until I read this at the checkout:

Sold & Shipped by Tasharina Corp.
1 item
FREE Shipping
Estimated Arrival Date: Jul 15, 2020

I'm not sure what to make of this "Corp" as it seems to be some guy working out of his house?
Old 06-05-2020, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterDave View Post

I'm not sure what to make of this "Corp" as it seems to be some guy working out of his house?
Appears you are correct I assumed if you buy from Walmart they would be doing the selling

Tasharina Corp from google map
https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3621...7i16384!8i8192
Old 06-05-2020, 05:27 PM

I ordered 6 items for wifey’s birthday in late February. I have received 4 of them, the last one was a week or so ago.

No idea when I will receive the last two. No response from emails.... which is very odd for my “friends” from China
Old 06-05-2020, 07:31 PM

I ordered some things on amazon Came from China in beginning of March they were delivered in mid April. Ordered some other stuff mid May and got delivered end of May also from China. I believe the shipping from there has substantially increased I’m not ashamed either. If local businesses want us to shop local then it can’t be at a 600% markup when all they are doing is ordering from China too probably same avenue that I went. Just saying!!
Old 06-05-2020, 10:57 PM

Quote:
I concur...