Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-05-2020, 07:51 PM

Default Buffalo ert

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/57...hh9?li=BBnbfcL

Good for them in my opinion. I dont feel this is excessive force. Approached fairly quickly. Arms in your gear area etc. After curfew if I read it right.

Arm up and a push get back. What do people expect?

The media always has a story.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:57 PM
Banned

The shove wasn’t overboard per se, a little bit much but these things happen in a situation like that. Stepping over the obviously seriously injured man without providing first aid?

Unforgivable.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:57 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=382720
Old 06-05-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
The shove wasn’t overboard per se, a little bit much but these things happen in a situation like that. Stepping over the obviously seriously injured man without providing first aid?

Unforgivable.
Watching the reactions, and listening to the voices, it appears that least some of the officers may have assumed he was faking injury at first, then when they realized that he was injured, they called for a medic. If you are that old and fragile, stay away from protests.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:05 PM

In hockey they would give him 2 for diving....
Old 06-05-2020, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
In hockey they would give him 2 for diving....
Double minor for the home team. He drew blood

Seriously though it was a bad result and those cops are damned if you do or don’t.

Madness.

Should have used his personal medical supplies on the old man while waiting for medics.
Old 06-05-2020, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post

Unforgivable.
I can't find the video right now but I thought the third (?) officer told the two to go on and keep clearing the street while he called for a medic. First aid was given and then the injured man was taken to hospital.

That's what it looked like to me.

I don't know what they were supposed to do. They were told to clear the area. The older guy didn't go but approached them and flapped something at them. They pushed him but could have struck him if they had intended to harm him. Tough situation.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:47 AM

Default media hype

The media has blown that one up, which certainly does not help the case for the officers. In normal times, that video would have vindicated the officers from any kind of punishment.
The old guy was refusing the demands of officers, and even went so far as to poke the one officer with the cellphone, or whatever it was in his hand. I would think that officer was totally within limits to respond. The push was not "violent" as suggested by media, and it is clear the old guy stumbled and fell back.
The old guy put himself in harms way and paid the penalty.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:54 AM

lucky he never got a leg strike with a baton or worse. Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Age means nothing when you pose a threat and approaching a line when instructed not to is a threat. Good for them for standing together as most teams do.
Old 06-06-2020, 12:31 PM

Yup , judge, jury and executioner all wrapped into one, over armed and over dressed. It's no wonder there is not a lot of respect for cops... That old guy was a real threat to all those oinkers. It really is time for change.
Old 06-06-2020, 05:26 PM

FYI The cops have been arrested and the old guy is in critical condition, helluva price to pay for being late for curfew. Maybe when they hire new cops they should have a higher IQ than trump.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cook View Post
FYI The cops have been arrested and the old guy is in critical condition, helluva price to pay for being late for curfew. Maybe when they hire new cops they should have a higher IQ than trump.
He wasn't just late for curfew, he was an agitator that purposely confronted the police.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
He wasn't just late for curfew, he was an agitator that purposely confronted the police.
Yup He was a real threat to the kevlar crowd. I hope he sues them for everything they got.
Just a bunch of little boys playing soldier. The only difference between us and the cops is they think they are better.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:28 PM

During the act of conmitting a crime (out past curfew) he blatantly disregarded police orders and moved directly towards them making contact and in so doing was straight armed by a police officer. He then fell over snd struck his head. The police did nothing wrong.

It is not about bis age. He could of had a weapon, he could of had pepper spray, the police have no way of knowing. He was ordered to move back and he refused. The police then made him move back. That it. Over. Then upon realizing he was injured a medic was called. What is the issue.
Old 06-06-2020, 06:35 PM

If he was such a threat I'm sure all those big armoured boys could have diffused the situation without knocking the old guy senseless. I respect LEO's but the heavy handed ones need to go. That was like hunting mice with a 12 gauge. They were arrested, say no more.