Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-28-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRED View Post
Hate to say it but a lot of the new hunting shows are in poor taste at times. Some of the comments on these shows(like whack em and stack, or man I just whacked that ___,) don't portray hunters or hunting in a good way. These shows provide a lot of bad publicity for hunting and give the antis even more ammo.
It's true.

A lot of these shows now are too much.

I miss the old shows that were a bit less flashy and less dramatic.

It's more like sports entertainment now... the same way that pro wrestling is more entertainment than athletics....
Old 05-28-2012, 11:06 PM

If these shows are doing so much damage to us why are they on the air? Why are they growing in numbers? Ever think about that? Yes you may not like it, don't watch. But they are on because there is a large enough group of people to make it profitable for the tv network. Which, do the math people means we are winning. We are growing as a group. And the general public that isn't a hunter or an anti is becoming tolerant of hunting. Let the antis whine. The will always whine and bitch and moan until you replace your bullet or arrow with a camera. But thats just my redneck opinion, I'll keep on putting my antlers up in my backyard city lot for all the world to see! I'll cuss and whoop after a good shot! And I'll be me and won't be PC to appease anyone...period!
Old 05-29-2012, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTRED View Post
My view on the matter is not just about the langauge(whacK em and stack) it's the attitude that goes with it. My worry is that these shows do the most damage to our image not necessarily with providing the antis more ammo but in the perception of hunters and hunting with the non-hunting majority of citizens. It is one thing to fight against a minority voice like the anti-hunting crowd it is a completely different battle if we are trying to gain or regain the support or at least the tolerance of the general population. I like some hunting shows and I love hunting but I don't like us being portrayed as bloodthirsty redneck killers. I guess I would like to see a bit more respect for the outdoors and for the animal being taken. Believe me I understand how exciting it is to hunt and successfully kill, emotions run high and the heart is racing but some of these shows are just idiotic in their portrayal of hunting. A lot of (the canned hunts) I don't think qualify as hunting at all.
its all about money the guys making the film could not careless about hunting they get a couple of idiots to play the part of hyped up hunters and some one that never hunted to read a couple stories in field & stream write a script for what they thing a hunting film shuold be and make a pizz pot full of money. a true film of hunting wuold be the most boring film ever made and wuold generate very few dollars it might pay for the cost of the film if you were lucky.