Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 04:44 PM
Banned

At the end of FY 2015 the gross US federal government debt is estimated to be $18.628 trillion, according to the FY16 Federal Budget.

Politicians took the USA there, not an astute business man like Trump. It will take a businessman with a big brain like Trump to rectify this incredibly stupid problem that career politicians like Bush and Obama got the USA into. If they get one more lying career politician idiot like Hillary in the office, say good bye to the middle class.

I do believe that the Americans are waking up to this fact and need a person with knowledge to "dig them out of the ditch" Obama quote (which Obama promised to do, but only increased the national dept.) and right the ship. Scary times in the US of A!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkivory View Post
At the end of FY 2015 the gross US federal government debt is estimated to be $18.628 trillion, according to the FY16 Federal Budget.

Politicians took the USA there, not an astute business man like Trump. It will take a businessman with a big brain like Trump to rectify this incredibly stupid problem that career politicians like Bush and Obama got the USA into. If they get one more lying career politician idiot like Hillary in the office, say good bye to the middle class.

I do believe that the Americans are waking up to this fact and need a person with knowledge to "dig them out of the ditch" Obama quote (which Obama promised to do, but only increased the national dept.) and right the ship. Scary times in the US of A!
I wouldn't call Bush Jr. a career politician.

Also, how exactly is Trump going to fix the debt problem? Raise taxes? Mint trillion dollar platinum coins? cut defense spending?

The problem with the debt in the US has nothing to do with career politicians, it has more to do with the fact the monetary policy and financial systems are inherently designed to create an ever growing amount of debt and some people benefit greatly from this design. It's not the politicians who reap the lion share of that benefit either.

You see, the value of goods produced is always greater then the amount of currency made available(through wages, taxes, salaries, and dividends) from that production to consume it all within a single production cycle. There is a gap in available consumption capacity and value of produced goods. That gap is filled with credit back by future production cycles. That future production cycle will not make enough consumption capacity to balance itself out again and more credit is used to fill that gap. This is continuous, production cycle after production cycle, year after year. Eventually, probably not that far in the future an entire generation's production capacity that has yet to be born will be owed to the issuers of past credit.

Has Trump said anything to address this reality?

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-29-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxor View Post

He has a plan that is still building.
He hasnt revealed the due processes yet
Its still early

He's working on momentum at this time lol
Sounds like he's copying Alberta NDP's plan of attack...
Old 07-29-2015, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
I wouldn't call Bush Jr. a career politician.

Also, how exactly is Trump going to fix the debt problem? Raise taxes? Mint trillion dollar platinum coins? cut defense spending?

The problem with the debt in the US has nothing to do with career politicians, it has more to do with the fact the monetary policy and financial systems are inherently designed to create an ever growing amount of debt and some people benefit greatly from this design. It's not the politicians who reap the lion share of that benefit either.

You see, the value of goods produced is always greater then the amount of currency made available(through wages, taxes, salaries, and dividends) from that production to consume it all within a single production cycle. There is a gap in available consumption capacity and value of produced goods. That gap is filled with credit back by future production cycles. That future production cycle will not make enough consumption capacity to balance itself out again and more credit is used to fill that gap. This is continuous, production cycle after production cycle, year after year. Eventually, probably not that far in the future an entire generation's production capacity that has yet to be born will be owed to the issuers of past credit.

Has Trump said anything to address this reality?
With all do respect W&F, you don't know your facts, and I am starting to believe that you do not really know the first thing about American Politics.

First off George W. Bush served as governor of Texas from January 17, 1995 to December 21, 2000, resigning as governor in the middle of his second term to become president of the United States. Seems like a career politician to me!

If you want to know what Trump will do to rectify this stupid position these career politicians that are lap dogs for wealthy financial contributors and lobbyists, simple google Trump speeches in Nevada and Iowa and you can watch them and get some knowledge.

Packed houses, with additional space needed for each speech to accomidate his overflow crowds.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Good one TM lol!
Old 07-29-2015, 05:22 PM

Quote:
With all do respect W&F, you don't know your facts, and I am starting to believe that you do not really know the first thing about American Politics.

First off George W. Bush served as governor of Texas from January 17, 1995 to December 21, 2000, resigning as governor in the middle of his second term to become president of the United States. Seems like a career politician to me!

If you want to know what Trump will do to rectify this stupid position these career politicians that are lap dogs for wealthy financial contributors and lobbyists, simple google Trump speeches in Nevada and Iowa and you can watch them and get some knowledge.

Packed houses, with additional space needed for each speech to accomidate his overflow crowds.
it seems like that knowledge isn't being passed on very well since no one has yet given me any concrete information on what his plans are. Just give his video's another hit online...

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 07-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Banned

Watch FOX news and keep on watching his speeches, you will learn as we all will.

To be fair to all of the candidates running, it is very early in the election cycle with 16 months to go. Will he win? Haven't got the foggiest clue because a lot can happen between now and then.

Do I want him to win and would I vote for him if I were a US voter? Absolutely! Because as far as I am concerned, there is no other viable option.
Old 07-29-2015, 05:45 PM

Quote:

Do I want him to win and would I vote for him if I were a US voter? Absolutely! Because as far as I am concerned, there is no other viable option.
Didn't this exact thing just come up about 4 months ago somewhere?....
Old 07-29-2015, 05:50 PM

Quote:
We learn from history that we do not learn from history.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
it seems like that knowledge isn't being passed on very well since no one has yet given me any concrete information on what his plans are. Just give his video's another hit online...
Here is his plan from what I've seen.

1. Build wall across Mexico border. Convince Mexixo to increase their debt to gdp ratio by over 10% by paying for it.

2. Start a trade war with as many countries as possible

3. Bomb Iraqi oil fields against the advice of all military experts

4. ???????

5. Profit
Old 07-29-2015, 05:55 PM

Lol
Old 07-29-2015, 06:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Don't know was not a member yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerpig View Post
Here is his plan from what I've seen.

1. Build wall across Mexico border. Convince Mexixo to increase their debt to gdp ratio by over 10% by paying for it.

2. Start a trade war with as many countries as possible

3. Bomb Iraqi oil fields against the advice of all military experts

4. ???????

5. Profit
1. Equal the paying field by establishing tariffs in order to stop American Companies from leaving the USA and operating off shore in order to avoid paying taxes and to take advantage of cheap labor.

2. Eliminate the trade deals that restrict the USA companies from shipping and marketing their products by the very same countries that flood the USA with their products like China, Japan etc.

3. Eliminate their source of revenue and bankrupt them so they can’t buy arms or pay their soldiers.

4. You tell me ??????

5. Profit - The only way the USA is going to pay their nation debt, is by being competitive in the world economy and selling a lot of goods manufactured in the USA?

What do you do for a living killerpig? Hope you’re not an economist! hehe

Last edited by elkivory; 07-29-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 PM

Quote:
In Alberta.... Not the forum... Lol
Old 07-29-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:

1. Equal the paying field by establishing tariffs in order to stop American Companies from leaving the USA and operating off shore in order to avoid paying taxes and to take advantage of cheap labor.
force companies to spend more money to be in business then they currently have to. You need to brush up on some of the Trade Agreements in effect as this would cost the US more from lost revenue proceedings in international tribunals
2. Eliminate the trade deals that restrict the USA companies from shipping and marketing their products by the very same countries that flood the USA with their products like China, Japan etc.
Trade deals that allow for export of American goods in formerly restricted market places
3. Eliminate their source of revenue and bankrupt them so they can’t buy arms or pay their soldiers.
Iraq not being able to pay it's own soldiers or arm them is a good thing? Wasn't there just an incredibly expensive war over there to help build an independent democratic Iraq?
4. You tell me ??????

5. Profit - The only way the USA is going to pay their nation debt, is by being competitive in the world economy and selling a lit of goods manufactured in the USA?
Debt is inherent in the system. If there was no debt or no debt creation it would be a recession
man, it's really not all that hard to pick apart this stuff.

Old 07-29-2015, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh God, like I said you really don't know what you are talking about do you, and this is my last post to educate you.

1. The current trade deals are bad, to me they even stink! Put together by clueless, inept leaders, especially the trade deals with China, Japan and Mexico, who all have an unfair advantage. China as an example artificially devaluates their Yen to a point when nobody can compete, putting a lot of US businesses out of business ='s unemployment

2. He never said he was going to bomb Iran, he was talking about bombing the oil fields in Syria where ISIS is getting most of it cash flow.

5. I own companies, debt cripples companies and being over leveraged is a very bad thing, especially to the tune of 18.6 trillion dollars. Don't believe me talk to the citizens of Greece.

This is a fun thread, but I am getting bored of educating children and typing. With 16 months to go I am only going to post when something interesting happens!

School is out for the summer kids! Don't forget to bring me an Apple in September! lol

Last edited by elkivory; 07-29-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 06:57 PM

Default Look guys ...

the whole Trump thing is interesting, and as a real fiscal Conservative, and someone who appreciates a measure of "straight talk", I do agree with quite a lot of his positions. BUT the whole thing is a waste of time, money, and space, because there is NO WAY he is going to be either the GOP nominee or would win the Presidential race if he were. He has far too much, very deserved, rep as an arrogant buffoon with no "common touch".

He has manged to instantly alienate significant constituencies whose support is critical to winning. He has maxed out on his potential political support in record time, and ultimately is going nowhere. I just hope he doesn't go off on an "independent" campaign, because that will only relegate the GOP to second place again - supporting him is a great moral "gesture", and maybe some of it will rub off on the eventual GOP candidate. But it is political suicide of the most obvious kind, if one wants to see a candidate who might stand any chance of actually winning against ... probably Hilary ... who turns my stomach.

Be realistic.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:16 PM

Hopefully Trump wins but if not he will win enough delegates along the way to possible chose who will win. As long as it's not someone like Bush or Christie he did his job. Not sure why every one says he can't win? Latest polls have Trump at 25% with the next closest at 12% which is Bush, Trump also leads everyone as the 2nd choice among Republicans. I believe Trump could pull support from blue collar Democrats as he does support unions.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post
the whole Trump thing is interesting, and as a real fiscal Conservative, and someone who appreciates a measure of "straight talk", I do agree with quite a lot of his positions. BUT the whole thing is a waste of time, money, and space, because there is NO WAY he is going to be either the GOP nominee or would win the Presidential race if he were. He has far too much, very deserved, rep as an arrogant buffoon with no "common touch".

He has manged to instantly alienate significant constituencies whose support is critical to winning. He has maxed out on his potential political support in record time, and ultimately is going nowhere. I just hope he doesn't go off on an "independent" campaign, because that will only relegate the GOP to second place again - supporting him is a great moral "gesture", and maybe some of it will rub off on the eventual GOP candidate. But it is political suicide of the most obvious kind, if one wants to see a candidate who might stand any chance of actually winning against ... probably Hilary ... who turns my stomach.

Be realistic.
Your not the first person to under estimate his popularity and to say he is done, as I recall several big name political reporters "Walking Heads" were saying exactly what you are saying now 5 weeks ago, only to be proven wrong.

I think the debate will go one of two ways for Trump. Either he will slay it, be statesman like and continue to rise in the polls like he is doing now, or to bomb and become stagnate.

We will all know the answer next week when the debate is broadcast live on Fox Thursday Night @7:00 PM. Personally I so can't wait!
Old 07-29-2015, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmedlap View Post

Be realistic.
Still kicking butt in the polls. http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...sh-in-florida/
Old 07-29-2015, 07:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
Of course it seems easy when your rebuttles are nonsense.

Seems you didnt get enough sleep.

As I said....you are much better informed about NASA topics.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

For real ?????

For the love of god please wise up.

He has many plans.

Ask the relevant question.......How is he going to implement his plans ?????

There.....I helped you out again !!!!!

Take a nap before replying.
Old 07-29-2015, 10:49 PM
Banned

Quote:

Ok what does this have to do with building a wall and forcing Mexico to pay for it as mentioned in my post....

I find this interesting because this is not a conservative position to be against free trade. Trump is basically convincing conservatives to take a more NDP economic position

Destroying the countries infrastructure is not a good idea. It is ideal for these countries to still have the ability to be successful after the wars. Coming in and just blowing the country up won't lead to stability and we will just run into the same problems again.

I don't know if you have really been following the Iraq/Syrian wars but ISIS has suffered some pretty big defeats lately. Several of their major supply routes have been cut off. They only have one remaining long supply route connecting them to turkey. They got circled a few times and suffered heavy casualties. There is no reason to go destroy the country right now. I'm guessing ISIS won't even be much of an issue by the next election unless someone does something unexpected like Turkey declaring all out war against the Kurds

4. You tell me ??????

5. Profit - The only way the USA is going to pay their nation debt, is by being competitive in the world economy and selling a lot of goods manufactured in the USA?

4 and 5 are a common internet meme

The original form is
Step 1 - Steal underpants
Step 2 - ????
Step 3 - Profit

Obviously profit is a good thing

Old 07-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh God, like I said you really don't know what you are talking about do you, and this is my last post to educate you.

1. The current trade deals are bad, to me they even stink! Put together by clueless, inept leaders, especially the trade deals with China, Japan and Mexico, who all have an unfair advantage. China as an example artificially devaluates their Yen to a point when nobody can compete, putting a lot of US businesses out of business ='s unemployment

2. He never said he was going to bomb Iran, he was talking about bombing the oil fields in Syria where ISIS is getting most of it cash flow.

5. I own companies, debt cripples companies and being over leveraged is a very bad thing, especially to the tune of 18.6 trillion dollars. Don't believe me talk to the citizens of Greece.

This is a fun thread, but I am getting bored of educating children and typing. With 16 months to go I am only going to post when something interesting happens!

School is out for the summer kids! Don't forget to bring me an Apple in September! lol
Nobody mentioned Iran...I think you are confused, Iraq and Iran are different countries....and yes he did say he would bomb Iraq
Old 07-29-2015, 11:12 PM
Banned

Hey Killer

You are a little sideways and backwards.

You are acting like a CNN reporter....distorting the facts.

Trump wants to build sections of a wall where its pertenant.

Trump wants manufacturing back on home turf.
He never mentioned the Free Trade deal in any way.
Thats a separate issue never mentioned.

ISIS ?????
Maybe you should pay closer attention.
Yes progress is being made with recent bombings.
But killing a few hornets does not kill the hive.
Take a gander at how far n wide their organization reaches. They have covered the 4 corners of the world.
And 2 more pledged associates were apprehended in the US in the last few days.
Its easy to think ISIS is not much of a threat when comforted in Canadian homeland securities.

Its going to be a long campaign.
And a rough road when people only take snipits of facts and roll them into homegrown garbage

Last edited by Luxor; 07-29-2015 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:27 PM

I would so vote for Trump if i could..at least he's
consistant lo this many years since 1988..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEPs17_AkTI#t=89
Old 07-30-2015, 12:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Hey Killer

You are a little sideways and backwards.

You are acting like a CNN reporter....distorting the facts.

Trump wants to build sections of a wall where its pertenant.

Yes and just putting up a fence in some of these sections has already cost the US billions. I still have yet to see someone explain how Trump would get Mexico to pay billions for a wall which will be more expensive than a fence

Trump wants manufacturing back on home turf.
He never mentioned the Free Trade deal in any way.
Thats a separate issue never mentioned.

How does this have nothing to do with free trade? Tariffs are clearly not free trade. Trump has suggested putting punitive tariffs on automakers manufacturing in Mexico. This would not be allowed under NAFTA. That is not a separate issue.

ISIS ?????
Maybe you should pay closer attention.
Yes progress is being made with recent bombings.
But killing a few hornets does not kill the hive.
Take a gander at how far n wide their organization reaches. They have covered the 4 corners of the world.
And 2 more pledged associates were apprehended in the US in the last few days.
Its easy to think ISIS is not much of a threat when comforted in Canadian homeland securities.

Besides Boko Haram they only control territory in the middle east. Three of those countries they are just a sideshow to a civil war. Everywhere else is just people committing random terrorist attacks while holding no territory. If they were to lose the fight in Iraq/Syria it would go a long way to reducing their propaganda across the world.

It is true Islamic propaganda will stilll exist for a long time and influence terrorists across the world regardless. It will be near impossible to contain besides a complete censorship of the internet. Trump has offered no answers.

Trumps plan is just to bomb their oil fields in Iraq/Syria. It is just a less sophisticated version of the current military plan.

Honestly I'm very doubtful that you could tell me much detail about what is happening on the ground in Iraq and Syria right now

Its going to be a long campaign.
And a rough road when people only take snipits of facts and roll them into homegrown garbage
Old 07-30-2015, 10:34 AM
Banned

Killer

I can agree with your replies somewhat.
Trump enjoys shock value in his statements.
Who would actually get the bill for the Mexican wall is anybodys guess in reality.
I'll leave the Free Trade comments alone for now.
ISIS?... again....shock value statements.
But the reality is they have more power than the average person realizes. Bush said cut the head of the snake and problem solved. Boy was he wrong. Obama said they will fizzle out and self implode. Wrong again !!!
Trump bombing the oil fields may be just another shock value statement.....but at least he realizes the urgency and something of military force is needed quickly.
Hillary and others (including Trudeau) thinks that ISIS can be solved through internet strategys and peace talks.Wrong again !!!!!
The problem is that they are so spread out and intermingled within civilian societies that even the top brass think this problem could take years or decades to solve. And then..!!!!!! We still have the Taliban and al Queda to deal with !!!!!
This is no small problem.!!!!!!!

You can reply here or through pm if you wish.

At least your making sense now unlike some others.
Old 07-30-2015, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Ouch !!!!!
Thats a low blow mister moose.
I see your inference....however....Notley is a sheep and is mostly full of silence and non comments.

Trump.....well he's a different bull alltogether
Old 07-30-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Only time will tell.

He is definitely entertaining !!!!
We are in agreement there.
Old 07-30-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

What a great and interesting Thread. Thanks LUXOR!

By the way, just so TM knows, I only dig pretty women.
Closed Thread