Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2024, 09:26 PM

Oil price up yet ?
Old 04-13-2024, 09:30 PM

don't really care if they all kill each other , trudeau is the problem i care about
Old 04-14-2024, 05:17 AM

Ya gotta wonder just how dumb you have to be to launch a direct attack on a country that has nuclear weapons and a vengeful attitude.
Hope things settle down but not optimistic
Old 04-14-2024, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtank View Post
Oil price up yet ?
That's a Given . A cynic would say, good for the provincial budget.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-14-2024, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpete1 View Post
don't really care if they all kill each other , trudeau is the problem i care about
Isn'tthat the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sooner the better for Canada !
Old 04-14-2024, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
Does Iran even have a Nuclear capability ? Every time they get close, the reactor blows up or the scientists mysteriously die. That would be the height of stupidity.

Hopefully at some point their beliefs will start to fade with newer generations. Like the rest of the modern world

Very doubtful in the foreseeable future, Islam on the whole has been going backwards, being progressive will get you killed.
Iran was progressive and very modern up until the Shah was deposed by the Ayatollah… Just like Afghanistan that was also very modern and progressive up until mullah took over…
Old 04-14-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjr View Post
isn'tthat the truth !!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sooner the better for canada !
Old 04-14-2024, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Bacon View Post
Hopefully at some point their beliefs will start to fade with newer generations. Like the rest of the modern world.

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk
One religion fades a worst one is born. Just think about the woke people that maybe all of them are not religious.
Old 04-14-2024, 04:16 PM

Meanwhile, the CEOs of Lockheed Martin and BAE Systems weren't available to participate in the conference call.
They X'd that they were there in spirit.

https://imgur.com/gallery/0xupUTD

OT- Glad to hear they intercepted the majority of the incoming munitions.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell

Last edited by urban rednek; 04-14-2024 at 04:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2024, 07:56 PM

The Israelis will probably respond covertly, seeing as US told them not retaliate, that seems to be the general consensus today. They had some trouble with the second wave apparently, couldn't reload launchers fast enough, had to get help from US and Jordan and UK to handle the situation, everyone in the area scrambled the bulk of what they had for aircraft. That'd be a spooky mission. One fella said US used 76 SAM's off one ship, 75 off the other, they hold 96 ea, the two DDG's in the area have to go back to a port to reload tubes, can't do it at sea. Apparently, Iran didn't use all types of missiles that they have, supposedly US shot down 3 of the ballistic missiles, one blew up on launch, one just after, in the first phase. So, now Iran knows about what they need to launch next time, if they do it again, and they pretty much got their timing right on the waves they sent.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:36 PM

So Iran jumps in after the Biden warning of "DON'T" and much finger wagging. 360 some armed drones/missiles/rockets fired at Israel is not a trivial provocation. If they were not intercepted, they would have done very significant damage.

The biggest take away from last night's launch is that Biden is very weak and his warnings are nothing but a joke. I would not be surprised at all now after this display of weakness, that China moves on Taiwan within weeks. I bet you Little Rocket Man in North Korea makes some more noise very soon as well. The USA military is certainly not weak, but Biden's foreign policy certainly is.

No doubt that the Biden puppet string handlers (Obamas) are weighing the seriousness of a more destabilized middle east, but the old man Biden has been made a fool of in front of the entire world.

I also think that Iran's action was carefully measured by them to get this exact response and was more of a poking the bear action. USA better deal with Iran now, because the more they wait, the harder that will get.
Old 04-14-2024, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pioneer2 View Post
Doesn't need the US
X2
Old 04-14-2024, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxeMan View Post
So Iran jumps in after the Biden warning of "DON'T" and much finger wagging. 360 some armed drones/missiles/rockets fired at Israel is not a trivial provocation. If they were not intercepted, they would have done very significant damage.

The biggest take away from last night's launch is that Biden is very weak and his warnings are nothing but a joke. I would not be surprised at all now after this display of weakness, that China moves on Taiwan within
weeks. I bet you Little Rocket Man in North Korea
makes some more noise very soon as well. The USA
military is certainly not weak, but Biden's foreign policy
certainly is.
No doubt that the Biden puppet string handlers (Obamas) are weighing the seriousness of a more destabilized middle east, but the old man Biden has been made a fool of in front of the entire world.I also think that Iran's action was carefully measured by them to get this exact response and was more of a poking the
bear action. USA better deal with Iran now, because the
more they wait, the harder that will get.
With Trump in power, there was no Russian invasion of the Ukraine, and no Hamas attack on Israel, but everyone knows that Biden is weak, so this crap is happening now.
Old 04-14-2024, 11:30 PM

Trump will again get out from underneath these BS charges, go on to win the presidency and straighten the huge mess sleepy joes and his cronies have manifested AND good on him. GO TRUMP~!!!!!
Old 04-15-2024, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fradaburidi View Post
One religion fades a worst one is born. Just think about the woke people that maybe all of them are not religious.
Woke is a religion.

Thomas Sowell
Old 04-15-2024, 05:47 AM

Default Followed by

A McCarthy style purge/ prosecution of all left wing traitors and communists.Same as we need here in Canada ,let them have their bank accounts frozen,be incarcerated , endure lengthy investigations and have property taken. Like they did to us.The left is terrified of Trump.
Old 04-15-2024, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howard Hutchinson View Post
Trump will again get out from underneath these BS charges, go on to win the presidency and straighten the huge mess sleepy joes and his cronies have manifested AND good on him. GO TRUMP~!!!!!
Does Sleepy Joe even know he's the 'President'? Is everyday just another dementia day dream for him. He shouldn't have a drivers license let alone be President.
Old 04-15-2024, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roper1 View Post
Fox saying Iran has telegraphed this is a 'one & done' as long as Israel plays nice. Israel has to deal with a nuclear Iran.......
Um, ... Iran has to deal with a Nuclear Israel.

Iran saying this is a one and done really is a ploy to get Western Powers to put a leash on Israel while Iran racks up the next round of missiles and drones and applies what it learned on the first sacrificial wave of missiles.

Lets face it, if Iran thought that this first 300 missiles and drones was going to succeed, they would NOT have announced a retaliatory strike.

That's like saying to the other fighter don't swing with your left fist as I am blind in my right eye.

This was purely a learning exercise for Iran, likely to get location of radar sets, satellites relays used, and communication frequencies used by the Israelis and Western Allies to coordinate the defence.

The flip side is the economic punishment. These interceptor rockets cost about $1 Million a piece. If 150 were used, Israel will now have to replace them. If the Iranian missiles carried a radioactive payload that dispersed on intercept over the targets, the Iranians have now succeeded with the unknowing help of Israel.

Drewski
Old 04-15-2024, 09:36 AM

Default My $0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
If the Iranian missiles carried a radioactive payload that dispersed on intercept over the targets, the Iranians have now succeeded with the unknowing help of Israel.

Drewski
The Iranians were responding to a political affront by Israel in a somewhat controlled manner. This was meant to salvage their honour after the attack on their embassy; political theatre for their masses.
The Iranians are smart enough to realize that if they were to irreparably irradiate sections of Israel, the response might include turning most of Iran into a large glass casserole dish. Starting with Tehran.

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 04-15-2024, 09:43 AM

My understanding from news it took US, France, UK, Jordan and Israel armed forces to deal with the 300 plus Drones and missiles to blow them out of the air.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
The Iranians were responding to a political affront by Israel in a somewhat controlled manner. This was meant to salvage their honour after the attack on their embassy; political theatre for their masses.
The Iranians are smart enough to realize that if they were to irreparably irradiate sections of Israel, the response might include turning most of Iran into a large glass casserole dish. Starting with Tehran.
The Iranians are smart enough to know that it will take weeks for anyone to realize the effects of a "Dirty Bomb" attack, and any ability to produce proof of the same was smashed into tinfoil by the interceptor missiles.

The trouble with Muslim extremists is that deterrence means nothing if on your death as a martyr you get 72 Virgins in Blissful Ecstasy.

Drewski
Old 04-15-2024, 10:32 AM

Quote:
The flip side is the economic punishment. These interceptor rockets cost about $1 Million a piece. If 150 were used, Israel will now have to replace them.
The internet I read says they cost about $40k each. Still not super cheap, but a big difference between $150M and $6M.

Link
Old 04-15-2024, 10:42 AM

Quote:
The flip side is the economic punishment. These interceptor rockets cost about $1 Million a piece. If 150 were used, Israel will now have to replace them.
As per Israel’s official statements, the total cost to Israel was about $1.3 billion (lowest estimate is $1B).

Also, as per various reports, Iran got rid of some old stock outdated stuff for the most part and “real” attack would look differently. They have a lot more “in storage” and more sophisticated things. It is also not a given Israel would be as successful at shooting down pretty much everything on their own. And if the exact same thing was repeated today, the success rate would be different as well.

Given Iran warned Turkey, Saudis, Jordanians, among others, about the attack ahead of time, they almost directly warned United States and Israel itself. One would think that common sense should prevail, but I have very little doubt that Israel will retaliate, but not sure if it will be an “open” retaliation. And then we will see where that takes us. I personally have zero interest in a war breaking out between Israel and Iran. But to think that one can level an embassy of a foreign state with no consequences is very naive. Americans (or any capable country) would be at war the next day somewhere if that were to happen to them. Not sure why anyone thinks it should be any different with Iran.

As for the dirty bombs and whatnot, absolute majority of projectiles were intercepted very far from Israeli borders, over Iraq, Syria, Jordan, etc.
Old 04-15-2024, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post
The internet I read says they cost about $40k each. Still not super cheap, but a big difference between $150M and $6M.

Link
Drop a 20kg Nuclear warhead on Tehran sent from a submarine and they'll have better things to do for awhile.

BW
Old 04-15-2024, 11:17 AM

Quote:

Link
The Arrow missiles are $3.5 million a piece and that’s what they use for ballistic intercepts (that is also the only thing they can use to shoot stuff down at considerable distance from their borders, from my understanding, and that is what they did a lot of in this attack). It costs about $1 million to intercept a cruise missile. This is only considering that the first attempt is successful. When you see air defense operating, be it Iron Dome, or in Ukraine, for example, it looks like it doesn’t stop firing even when there is only a dozen or less of projectiles incoming (this is, of course, different for Arrow or something else more sophisticated, though could be during a massive attack). Once all the costs are added, including maintenance of the airplanes, because they greatly participated as well, it adds up to quite a penny. It’s super expensive (as evident by scarcity of such equipment and ammunition in Ukraine, for example; at $40K per intercept, they’d abundant, but it is measured in millions, definitely for missiles). This is also why it is problematic using such equipment for shooting down drones that are worth ten to forty or so thousand a piece or some other primitive projectiles that could be even cheaper.

I said “official statement” in my previous post, but I was wrong. It was per a retired brigade general and financial advisor to the IDF. There were no official statements in regard to cost and likely won’t be.
Old 04-15-2024, 11:58 AM

Default Isreal going to reciprocate

Well Isreal is going to respond, hope you all have a full tank of fuel as this is going to light the middle east on fire. I pray cooler head prevale but with all the sabre rattling that is taking place. I don't see much hope for that.
Old 04-15-2024, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
My understanding from news it took US, France, UK, Jordan and Israel armed forces to deal with the 300 plus Drones and missiles to blow them out of the air.
While in this new Canada, we allow parties and parades, celebrating Iran's attack on one of our allies...
Old 04-15-2024, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBintheNorth View Post
While in this new Canada, we allow parties and parades, celebrating Iran's attack on one of our allies...
Yep! Those celebrating bastards should’ve been arrested and deported! At least trumped with horses and beaten with batons and shot with rubber bullets….
Old 04-15-2024, 01:05 PM

Quote:

Link
The Military, Industrial Complex is always the winner.

Isaiah 5:8
Old 04-15-2024, 01:21 PM

According to my source in Mossad, there are a few options for Israeli response:
1. Hit the targets in Iran territory like the launching pads for the ballistic missiles and drones, air bases, radar stations etc. that can be a little bit difficult because they don’t share the common borders and Israel will need the permission from other countries to cross into their air space, and also that the US and others do not want Israel to retaliate….
2. A formal hit on Iran territory so there will be no casualties and not much destruction. Just to demonstrate Israeli superiority and powers.
3. Israel will target and destroy Iranian navy ships that are participating in coordination and help targeting for Yemeni hucits…Yemen is getting the intel from these ships and the weaponry…
4. Israel will hit Hizballah hard all over the Lebanon, possibly with a ground operation to search and destroy their rockets.

We shall wait and see. What I’m sure is this- Israel will not let it slide.