Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 09-23-2012, 02:51 PM

Default Rock lake conditions

Hey guys. Thinking of heading to rock lake near hinton next weekend. Just wondering what the road/water conditions are like. I know there was a flood earlier this summer, is that cleared up now?
Thanks
Old 09-23-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mranderson22 View Post
Hey guys. Thinking of heading to rock lake near hinton next weekend. Just wondering what the road/water conditions are like. I know there was a flood earlier this summer, is that cleared up now?
Thanks
The road is still washed out but easily passable in a truck. Just remember the lake is closed to fishing for the year as of september 15.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:42 PM

WOW! was just surfing around here and came across this. I am 51 yrs. old. The last time I was at Rock Lake was with my family when I was ? just a little fart. Back then my dad pulled the tent trailer and aluminum boat in there with his T-Bird and ripped the muffler off, etc. as far as I remember. The fishing was great. One Dolly after another with minnows. Sounds like the fishing is worse and the road no better. Brings back a few memories.
Old 09-23-2012, 07:15 PM

Closed?? I thought the area was open until October 9th. Would this closure include the river that exits from the lake? Is the water clear or muddy?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mranderson22 View Post
Closed?? I thought the area was open until October 9th. Would this closure include the river that exits from the lake? Is the water clear or muddy?
Not sure where you get the Oct. 9th date from as I don't see that stated anywhere. Regulations specify Sept. 15th for Rock Lake.

Not sure about the river.