Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-27-2008, 06:57 PM

Default Pierre Grey's Lakes

Going up to Pierre Gray's lakes in August .Never fished the lakes before but I drove up and had a look water looks beautiful . Try out the pontoon boat. Has anyone fished there in august. How was the fishing.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:42 PM

I have been fishing at pierre grey's lakes for 11 years in august.I use a float tube and have great success on all the lakes.However for the last couple of years including last weekend this campsite has seen an increase in use and as a result the lakes are fished out of all but the smallest of fish.Last week also found the noise levels unreal generators running all day long and partying till 1:00am with radios blarring.There are detailed depth maps availabe at anglersatlas.com.A much quieter but hard to fish lake with breathtaking scenery is rock lake.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:14 PM

Default Pierre Grey's

I have lived in the Grande Cache area for 15 years and was just camping at the lake this weekend. The lakes are far from fished out as we had no problem catching fish in the brookie lake and had a good feed of them. Yes this lake is busier than it has been in years but i have never had a problem with the noise or the generators. People do use the generators off and on through out the day but are not used in the evening. The fish cops were buy through out the weekend and the campground was very quiet.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 PM

Default fished out? lol...my neighbor goes up there and consistently catches 3-4 pound rainbow on hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by skears View Post
I have been fishing at pierre grey's lakes for 11 years in august.I use a float tube and have great success on all the lakes.However for the last couple of years including last weekend this campsite has seen an increase in use and as a result the lakes are fished out of all but the smallest of fish.Last week also found the noise levels unreal generators running all day long and partying till 1:00am with radios blarring.There are detailed depth maps availabe at anglersatlas.com.A much quieter but hard to fish lake with breathtaking scenery is rock lake.
hi...my neighbor goes up there and consistently catches 3-4 pound rainbows...i am still laffin at ur..."fished out"