Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 10-04-2023, 11:47 AM

Default Charismatic Megafauna?

A lottery draw system opened up for a Bison herd of about 600 animals but no draw for a Grizzly Bear population of about 1000 (That might be an under estimate). All politics?
Old 10-04-2023, 01:16 PM

Yep

Let bears wipe out the game, keep non-treaty hunters out of the hills/mountains and make it a more-equal only park in the name of reconciliation. Eventually prohibit licensed gun ownership “if you can’t hunt you don’t need guns”

Take note - wildlife is provincial jurisdiction - this is occurring with a “conservative” majority government, and was INITIATED by a conservative majority government, lead by Ralph. Shows you the undercurrent pretty clearly.
Old 10-04-2023, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
Yep

Let bears wipe out the game, keep non-treaty hunters out of the hills/mountains and make it a more-equal only park in the name of reconciliation. Eventually prohibit licensed gun ownership “if you can’t hunt you don’t need guns”

Take note - wildlife is provincial jurisdiction - this is occurring with a “conservative” majority government, and was INITIATED by a conservative majority government, lead by Ralph. Shows you the undercurrent pretty clearly.
You should review your notes on why the Grizzly hunt was suspended.

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-04-2023, 02:22 PM

Why was it cancelled after all these years i still don’t know why.
Old 10-04-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisPbacon View Post
A lottery draw system opened up for a Bison herd of about 600 animals but no draw for a Grizzly Bear population of about 1000 (That might be an under estimate). All politics?
Thats IS an underestimate
Old 10-04-2023, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bezzola View Post
Why was it cancelled after all these years i still don’t know why.
Y2Y arranged a political pressure campaign, funded by Mountain Equipment Co-op and American anti-hunting zealots. Kevin Van Tighem worked with them to identify a company that would do a “study”. You can look up the name, I’ll get banned if I say it directly. They are well known throughout the industry for giving their clients the desired (paid for) results regardless of reality. Forestry said there was about 2-3000 bears. Study said under 1000, which coincidentally was the federal limit for endangered species. Hunt ended to “avoid federal interference” aka Ralph and the cons old boys club running scared.

It’s the old death-by-a-thousand-cuts strategy. Large predators are the most emotion evoking target for non-hunters, and therefore easiest hunts to assault. Then it’s their food source. Now it “reconciliation” “traditional territory” “treaty rights”

End goal is to end hunting by all non-treaty subjects

Quote:
Originally Posted by walking buffalo View Post
You should review your notes on why the Grizzly hunt was suspended.
Want to add anything?
Old 10-04-2023, 07:01 PM

Quote:

Want to add anything?
You did a decent job. A bit too much biased rhetoric, as usual these days.

The AB government really had no choice as they simply did not have the data to defend a hunt.
The Mountain Co-op group played their cards very well.

I will agree that subsequent governments have been lazy and incompetent, perhaps purposefully, in an effort to not allow the data to be compiled which may reopen the hunt.

No doubt, this is nothing but politics.....

"to identify very rare, scarce or special forms of fish and wildlife outdoor recreation opportunities and to ensure that access to these opportunities continues to be available to all Albertans."
Old 10-04-2023, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Y2Y arranged a political pressure campaign, funded by Mountain Equipment Co-op and American anti-hunting zealots. Kevin Van Tighem worked with them to identify a company that would do a “study”. You can look up the name, I’ll get banned if I say it directly. They are well known throughout the industry for giving their clients the desired (paid for) results regardless of reality. Forestry said there was about 2-3000 bears. Study said under 1000, which coincidentally was the federal limit for endangered species. Hunt ended to “avoid federal interference” aka Ralph and the cons old boys club running scared.

It’s the old death-by-a-thousand-cuts strategy. Large predators are the most emotion evoking target for non-hunters, and therefore easiest hunts to assault. Then it’s their food source. Now it “reconciliation” “traditional territory” “treaty rights”

End goal is to end hunting by all non-treaty subjects

Want to add anything?
Afraid you have nailed it directly on the head ..

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2023, 09:05 PM

I saw Karsten Heuer on the news tonight, bitching about approval of the Three Sisters development in Canmore, where he lives. He's the push behind the introduction of bison into Banff national park. Physician Heal Thyself.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-05-2023, 09:49 AM

Default Health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Adams1 View Post
I saw Karsten Heuer on the news tonight, bitching about approval of the Three Sisters development in Canmore, where he lives. He's the push behind the introduction of bison into Banff national park. Physician Heal Thyself.

Grizz
Hope you sent him a get well card when he fell 25ft out of his tree stand? :

https://abolishsporthunting.org/hunt...ng-tree-stand/

Creeky....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology

Last edited by creeky; 10-05-2023 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-05-2023, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeky View Post
Hope you sent him a get well card when he fell 25ft out of his tree stand? :

https://abolishsporthunting.org/hunt...ng-tree-stand/

Creeky....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ouch! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's a lucky man.

Just a side note - Yikes, that organization (CASH) is quite the piece of work. They are out there, and they walk among us (they profess that they hang out with hunters/hunting organizations, ostensibly to collect dirt on them).

Original article link (so that we don't grace CASH with more clicks): https://www.rmoutlook.com/canmore/re...-stand-4711236
Old 10-05-2023, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinky Buffalo View Post
Ouch! I wouldn't wish that on anyone. He's a lucky man.

Just a side note - Yikes, that organization (CASH) is quite the piece of work. They are out there, and they walk among us (they profess that they hang out with hunters/hunting organizations, ostensibly to collect dirt on them).

Original article link (so that we don't grace CASH with more clicks): https://www.rmoutlook.com/canmore/re...-stand-4711236

x2:

https://www.rmoutlook.com/canmore/re...-stand-4711236

Creeky....

#I Am An Outdoorsman And I Approve This Message

#creativity can't wait for technology