Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 11:11 PM

Default Big Buck shot Spirit River? What's the real story? Big tine adventures

Here's a picture of a big buck sent to me by my BIL. Said it was shot by an outfitter near Sprit River. Any one know if that's true? Or what's the real story?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.JPG (143.7 KB, 3693 views)
Old 12-01-2013, 12:11 AM

Facebook big tine adventures, the story is there or are you implying that isn't the real story....?
Old 12-01-2013, 12:45 AM

Seems like every one of these monster buck stories has been a hoax lately if this one is true that's a real hog. Hopefully an Alberta boy took that one
Old 12-01-2013, 01:13 AM

Must be fake... no one is smiling.
Old 12-01-2013, 05:52 AM

I know for a fact 4 outfitters from alberta shoot penned deer just to butter up their web page to attract new clients look at great white holdings website notice the split ears (ear tag) would be nice to see the right ear on this pet. Light coloured horns (no bush to get the dark colour makes for a easier hunt.) IMO pretty crafty but don't really give a damn I'm not the guy paying $$$ to come to alberta to shoot the 140s &150s these guys harvest.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:39 AM

Pretty sure this one is true boys. This guy shoots monsters year after year. I know one of his guides very well and he puts in more time preparing for the hunt than any one i know. Good for him, great deer!
Old 12-01-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitetail2013 View Post
I know for a fact 4 outfitters from alberta shoot penned deer just to butter up their web page to attract new clients look at great white holdings website notice the split ears (ear tag) would be nice to see the right ear on this pet. Light coloured horns (no bush to get the dark colour makes for a easier hunt.) IMO pretty crafty but don't really give a damn I'm not the guy paying $$$ to come to alberta to shoot the 140s &150s these guys harvest.
Why don't you list the outfitters since you know for a fact who they are ?
Old 12-01-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepcrazyguy View Post
Here's a picture of a big buck sent to me by my BIL. Said it was shot by an outfitter near Sprit River. Any one know if that's true? Or what's the real story?

Might be big, but looks like something you'd expect to find near a nuclear power plant. .

Grizz
Old 12-01-2013, 10:43 AM

Wow! Monster! Hard to believe that horns could be so white up in the big bush country...
Old 12-01-2013, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeslayer22 View Post
Wow! Monster! Hard to believe that horns could be so white up in the big bush country...
That is exactly what I just said. I hunted spirit river for yrs and have not once seen a light antlered wtail that was over 3 . 5 yrs old. EVER. Guided there for several years too.
Just saying.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:57 AM

I've found even close to home here that when the snow comes, the horns start turning lighter colors, almost white.

-Craig
Old 12-01-2013, 12:14 PM

After hearing right from a wardens mouth what happened with an outfitter last year being involved with the harvest of a fenced deer, these photos of hunters that have a guide sitting in the background behind monster deer leave me wondering if these are also fenced animals.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:41 PM

Look them up? Big Tine Adventures..not too sure as to why you would imply this is a hoax? Monster's like this are taken regularly by Blake Shymre's clients.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:28 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepcrazyguy View Post
There now lets start the re-runs now that season one is over!
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
There now lets start the re-runs now that season one is over!
LOL!!! That's awesome....
Old 12-09-2013, 03:58 PM

What a joke this thread is. Big bucks turn people crazy. Congrats black ram to you and your client on an absolute hog of a deer.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokanee44 View Post
What a joke this thread is. Big bucks turn people crazy. Congrats black ram to you and your client on an absolute hog of a deer.
X a million.
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM

Blake, I don't know you, but, that is a world class deer.

-Craig
Old 12-09-2013, 04:28 PM

Blake, I don't know you from Adam but then I don't know anyone else on this board either. I have no first hand knowledge of your outfitting business and practises you and your guides use to be successful. It appears you've been charged and convicted for 2 infractions, to which you paid a hefty fine.

You know by now it was a bad judgement call on your part to enter into the discussions on this thread as an alias, something that has probably added 5 pages to the thread. If you hadn't done this the thread would have been buried so deep in the forum that it would have been all but forgotten!!!

But I want to thank you for taking some heat off the Rights based hunter and any thread that has subsistence hunting in the subject line...
Old 12-09-2013, 04:49 PM

Lefty, u are someone that I used to look up to on this forum. One of the people that had an opinion that always seemed to matter. Like Cat or ISB. Through out this thread I have realized your true colors and you hold about as much credit as Hal once did. Welcome to the club of just being another member on an already over opinionated site. You are no longer the great that I once looked up to. It's sad.

Savage LTWT Hunter 111 - 6.5x284 Norma
Old 12-09-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mb-MBR View Post
Blake, I don't know you from Adam but then I don't know anyone else on this board either. I have no first hand knowledge of your outfitting business and practises you and your guides use to be successful. It appears you've been charged and convicted for 2 infractions, to which you paid a hefty fine.

You know by now it was a bad judgement call on your part to enter into the discussions on this thread as an alias, something that has probably added 5 pages to the thread. If you hadn't done this the thread would have been buried so deep in the forum that it would have been all but forgotten!!!

But I want to thank you for taking some heat off the Rights based hunter and any thread that has subsistence hunting in the subject line...
Ha ha exactly. If it isn't natives in suffield its crossbows. If it isn't crossbows its horses. If it isn't horses its outfitters. What it boils down to is hunters bashing hunters. The guy sold a couple racks. I wouldn't get too worked up about this thread if I were him.
Closed Thread