Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM

Default admitted poacher on Bow river

So last night a guy from work was showing me videos of brown trout he caught on the Bow with another guy from work. I asked the typical, "oh are you using clouser minnows?", to try and get an idea what to use this time of year.
His reply was, "no big dew worms". He then told me was already caught using them in July and the $200 fine was worth it.
He stated he will continue doing this and that he specifically fishes in Bowness across from Edworthy park. Keep your eyes out for a thin Italian skinned guy. Grey thinning hair and about 5'5".
Old 09-05-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRiver View Post
So last night a guy from work was showing me videos of brown trout he caught on the Bow with another guy from work. I asked the typical, "oh are you using clouser minnows?", to try and get an idea what to use this time of year.
His reply was, "no big dew worms". He then told me was already caught using them in July and the $200 fine was worth it.
He stated he will continue doing this and that he specifically fishes in Bowness across from Edworthy park. Keep your eyes out for a thin Italian skinned guy. Grey thinning hair and about 5'5".
report him so they can watch for him. second offence should be heftier that the first one
Old 09-05-2012, 03:39 PM

Are the videos on youtube or anywhere that you can get ahold of them? Get whatever you can for evidence, even if it is just what he told you, and report him. If you can get enough evidence you might even be able to take him to court, but at the very least they'll be able to watch for him.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:41 PM

Report him, and next time you see him call RAP, then you might catch him.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Quote:
If you know the guy...and know he is doing this....make a call to RAP and give them his name and info.

Posting here for others to be on the lookout is great BUT.....if you have first hand info share it with the authorities now.

LC
Old 09-05-2012, 03:53 PM

Hopefully this guy isnt your friend cause if he is then you are a bad friend good sir.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crosbyfan123 View Post
Hopefully this guy isnt your friend cause if he is then you are a bad friend good sir.
you wouldnt waste your time reporting him anyway....
Old 09-05-2012, 03:56 PM

Quote:
So you would turn a blind eye if a friend did something illegal, admitted it, and showed you proof?

....you may be a "good friend" but your moral compass is broken....

LC
Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM

Lol i wouldnt but i just re-read his post he is just a co-worker oh well do what you wish good sir.
Old 09-05-2012, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
So you would turn a blind eye if a friend did something illegal, admitted it, and showed you proof?

....you may be a "good friend" but your moral compass is broken....

LC
If he was a friend i would try to convince him not to do it but if he still refused to listen i just wouldnt report him because thats just something you dont do to a friend.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Lol i wouldnt but i just re-read his post he is just a co-worker oh well do what you wish good sir.
In my mind, if you know of a crime and do not report it, you are as guilty as the criminal.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
If he was a friend i would try to convince him not to do it but if he still refused to listen i just wouldnt report him because thats just something you dont do to a friend.

Last edited by AppleJax; 09-05-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:03 PM

Quote:
put your hands over your eyes and your fingers in your ears, and while your at it put your foot in your mouth. Saw aweasel do that once, pretty funny actualy.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:04 PM

Quote:
If he put you in a position like that then he is not much of a friend.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:05 PM
Banned

Does he eat them?

Any good?

I never kept a trout from the now before.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM

oh well i still wouldnt do that to a friend its his choice to do it if he gets caught again his problem but it wouldnt be because of me is all im saying
Old 09-05-2012, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
Does he eat them?

Any good?

I never kept a trout from the now before.
good question, if not he probably still has the evidence
Old 09-05-2012, 04:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Why? A poacher is a poacher. If said poacher won't change his ways, he needs to be taught a financial lesson, again, as he seems to think the $200 fine is a license to poach. Perhaps if his fishing equipment is seized next time he may reconsider.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
^^^ pretty sad.....and therein lies the problem....
Old 09-05-2012, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
^^^ pretty sad.....and therein lies the problem....
there is no problem i just wouldnt tell on my friend just saying
Old 09-05-2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
there is no problem i just wouldnt tell on my friend just saying
A friend wouldn't get you involved in criminal activities. just sayin'
Old 09-05-2012, 04:59 PM

Typical Crosby nonsense.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:26 PM

WOW some of the clowns on here are pretty priceless...or classless I can't tell. Perhaps next time any of you's do 60 in a 50 zone your friends should call the RC's in to investigate and throw the book at you. Because How dare a "friend" let a friend have to suffer with that EVIL sin on their conscience. HOW RICH! Like get over yourselves!

Let F&W do their jobs and lets not all turn into a RAT nation where your neighbor isnt your neighbor but rather a spy waiting for you to bend/break/demolish the law so they can jump up onto their soap box and wag their self righteous finger in your face.

With friends like some of you's who needs enemies! WOWWWWWW!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:34 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoochyBoochy View Post
WOW some of the clowns on here are pretty priceless...or classless I can't tell. Perhaps next time any of you's do 60 in a 50 zone your friends should call the RC's in to investigate and throw the book at you. Because How dare a "friend" let a friend have to suffer with that EVIL sin on their conscience. HOW RICH! Like get over yourselves!

Let F&W do their jobs and lets not all turn into a RAT nation where your neighbor isnt your neighbor but rather a spy waiting for you to bend/break/demolish the law so they can jump up onto their soap box and wag their self righteous finger in your face.

speeding isn't quite the same as poaching. So I can only assume from your stupid post that poaching is okay , as long as only you and your friends do it???...but no one else...is that right???? as you said ...WOW!!!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
speeding isn't quite the same as poaching. So I can only assume from your stupid post that poaching is okay , as long as only you and your friends do it???...but no one else...is that right???? as you said ...WOW!!!!!
Thank you for clearing up for me the priceless vs. classless question.

A law is a law is it not? it comes with a fine, for the sake of the argument it is black and white hence why it is a crime what he is doing...there is no question. And if you deduced from my post that "poaching is ok" then I would question your lvl of comprehension and encourage you to join the fight against illiteracy and enroll in one of our provinces many education programs...I'm sure you would qualify for some form of funding due to the level of need you require.

I was speaking to the definition of a "friend" which is my opinion and the opinions of those I spend my time with. But for the grace of God go I! Live and let live brother. Don't tread on me...

I remember a time when it was encouraged and expected to watch your neighbor and report every "criminal" thing people did...It was Nazi Germany my dude, 1933! LEST WE FORGET the freedoms so many died to protect!

RAT NATION, pffffft. I spit on that
Old 09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Thank you for clearing up for me the priceless vs. classless question.

A law is a law is it not? it comes with a fine, for the sake of the argument it is black and white hence why it is a crime what he is doing...there is no question. And if you deduced from my post that "poaching is ok" then I would question your lvl of comprehension and encourage you to join the fight against illiteracy and enroll in one of our provinces many education programs...I'm sure you would qualify for some form of funding due to the level of need you require.

I was speaking to the definition of a "friend" which is my opinion and the opinions of those I spend my time with. But for the grace of God go I! Live and let live brother. Don't tread on me...

I remember a time when it was encouraged and expected to watch your neighbor and report every "criminal" thing people did...It was Nazi Germany my dude, 1933! LEST WE FORGET the freedoms so many died to protect!

RAT NATION, pffffft. I spit on that
you lived in Germany in 1933?????
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:

Man are you for real?

All people in Alberta are eyes and ears for SRD, they cannot be everywhere. Hence report a poacher.

I also suspect you condone such behavior?

A person who blantenly refuses to play with the rules has to be reported plain and simple. He is stealing from all Albertans.

WOW.

thegungirl.ca @gmail.com
Old 09-05-2012, 06:56 PM

really....that is your response? HAHAHAH enough said!

Until we meat again my liege on the AO battlefield lol

Lick your wounds in haste and quit making idiotic remarks
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Report the POS. By the way Bowness is not by Edworthy Park.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda450 View Post
Man are you for real?

All people in Alberta are eyes and ears for SRD, they cannot be everywhere. Hence report a poacher.

I also suspect you condone such behavior?

A person who blantenly refuses to play with the rules has to be reported plain and simple. He is stealing from all Albertans.

WOW.
"condone such behavior"...don't worry there are plenty of desks in the illiteracy programs I would think.