Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 06-11-2014, 08:44 PM

Default Alder flats options

Hi there, I'm headed out to alder flats this weekend and was looking to do some fishing with my boys age 3,5,7. I'm just looking to see if anyone could help me out with fishing options. I could bring a boat and head to south buck lake and I'm told that there is a river there with large pike. Any suggestions ? Tips or tricks? Soaking bait, spoons, spinners or fly gear? I'm not too worried about size of fish or what type of fish. Mostly kid friendly is the thing.
Thank you in advance
Old 06-12-2014, 03:49 PM

I wouldn't normally ask and rather do my own research but this is a one time deal. Not my normal travel route. How are the conditions or fish ability for kids?
Old 06-12-2014, 03:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretohunt View Post
Hi there, I'm headed out to alder flats this weekend and was looking to do some fishing with my boys age 3,5,7. I'm just looking to see if anyone could help me out with fishing options. I could bring a boat and head to south buck lake and I'm told that there is a river there with large pike. Any suggestions ? Tips or tricks? Soaking bait, spoons, spinners or fly gear? I'm not too worried about size of fish or what type of fish. Mostly kid friendly is the thing.
Thank you in advance
Buck Lake ..good river spots with those aged kids not accessible .IMO..besides Buck is better
Old 06-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kauna View Post
Buck Lake ..good river spots with those aged kids not accessible .IMO..besides Buck is better
Thank you. Much appreciated.