Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 AM

Default Suzuki 25 HP Oil Injection

Good day,

Is anyone familar with adjusting the mix on these motors? It'll run really good if its full open (though seems a bit light on power) but if I try to run on low it keeps stalling out. Everytime it stalls I have to manually pump the fuel (prime) from the tank. Any thoughts? I figure its just a tuning thing, but I don't have any information on the motors (shop manual has been ordered) so if anyone is familar and could let me know where to start that'd be great.

Cheers!

Kris
Old 07-02-2008, 12:06 PM

Sounds like an air leak somewhere on the fuel line - if not, then probably the check (the priming bulb assembly) is leaking back to the tank. Check all the clamps and other hose fittings, I'll bet something's loose..
Old 07-03-2008, 09:28 PM

Well I did find a bit of an air leak in a gasket that was 1/4 missing. However, took the boat out again today to have very similar things happen. When I brought the boat home I popped off the motor cover and checked the plugs. The top two have a blackish soot as if they have been firing. The bottom one is crystal clean as if its never fired (though, it did have some gas on it). Thoughts on the first thing to check with this now? Is there a forum for boat issues?