Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-21-2012, 10:58 PM
Banned

Cool

[QUOTE=SNAPFisher;1268351] I can't believe that one poster was actually thinking that the heritage fund could be used for this! LOL!

How about clothing and rooming the homeless. I could imagine this and 100,000 other better uses of emergency funds like the heritage.

hay that is just a suggestion I agree with you that there are other uses for funds that would enrich the lives of others.however I think you may be a little short sighted .we are talking tens of billions of dollars the intrest for one year would give albertas fisherys a fund that would last at least my life time. without even even touching the actual fund it self,producing a fishery province wide that will enrich lives for generations.how can this be a bad thing.just one mans thoughts.perhaps not the best solution but it is a solution.
Old 01-22-2012, 05:27 AM

Sorry Fish Gunner, not a solution, maybe in your mind it is. Even for an absolute fish crazed moron like me who would rather be out fishing than getting better from illness, using funds like the Heritage for fishing is about 100,001 on the list of good things to do. I hear some of your frustration and definately understand it. Higher on the list for me would be native stream and river restoration, lake restoration (at least for the ones with promise), etc. And none of these should be on a heritage list either! Human issues first.

Stocked trout ponds and sloughs are on the literal bottom of all things fishy.

Quote:
If a healthy fish is swimming around and there is no one around to enjoy it, does that fish still really exist?
Old 01-22-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned

Cool

I understand your position. i am sorry to hear of your illness. my idea what ever we call it is just to create a fund for albertas fisherys management. we as a province are in the wealthest 1% on earth 3 million people with an oil revenue in the range of 200 billion $,surely we can find pocket change to improve the overall level of albertas sport fishery, policing,stocking sustainablity,habitat restoration.and yes I am frustrated this is canada if I travel more than a hour out side albertas borders in any direction my sport fishing oppurtuintys increase bye leaps and bounds.my other suggestion is you want to drill an oil well you adopte a lake. I am sure we could use funds for other humanitarian projects. it is my feelings that improved fisherys improvethe overall quality of life for the general population,all the while creating sustainable jobs,increased tourism,and a common interest in our province.my two bits get well soon thank you for your thoughts.